Coronation of King Charles III - 6 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As per dotr's article -
"King Charles, therefore, does not hold the title 'Supreme Governor' of the Church of Scotland and when attending Church services in Scotland His Majesty does so as an ordinary member."
He is king of Scotland but not head of the church.
Sorry , personally I look to the monarchy as governing Church of Scotland, but I, know christ is king in Scotland as my church is Presbyterian. Charles is Anglican . The king is defender of the faith and made oath to commitment of protestantism.. all goes back to 1600's and then formal union with England in the 1700's.
On sat the children welcomed Charles in the name of king of Kings . The moderator of Church of Sctland presented Charles with new Bible near beginning of service .

Of topic ..... bluebear , are you a blue bear ?

Sorry , personally I look to the monarchy as governing Church of Scotland, but I, know christ is king in Scotland as my church is Presbyterian. Charles is Anglican . The king is defender of the faith and made oath to commitment of protestantism.. all goes back to 1600's and then formal union with England in the 1700's.
On sat the children welcomed Charles in the name of king of Kings . The moderator of Church of Sctland presented Charles with new Bible near beginning of service .

Of topic ..... bluebear , are you a blue bear ?

iirc, Charles insisted on using the phrase Defender of Faith (instead of the traditional Defender Of The Faith.)

Love, love, love the coronation sequence of the leaders of different faith traditions reading prays/blessings in a semi-circle over/to HRH Charles.

I downloaded the Order of Service, but am unwilling to skim through the lovely booklet for the identities of those clerics. I did follow along during the service.

(Genetic Presbyterian here, one Grandma became Episcopalian after her marriage, so I could join in many of the responses without the Order of Service.)

Thanks to all of our UK & Commonwealth citizens for sharing the events with us!

Personnally a bit worried about HRH William's field of vision here...jmho and all that.

I know that this unit routinely rides in the bearskin hats -- but -- well then again the horse can see, right?

Prince William has poor eyesight, wears contacts and, occasionally, glasses.

Sure hope the horse is looking around as it saunters down the road. lol

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee