Coronation of King Charles III - 6 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
London — At an age when many of his contemporaries have long since retired, King Charles III is not one to put his feet up.

The king will mark his 75th birthday on Tuesday by busily highlighting causes close to his heart.

With Queen Camilla at his side, Charles will visit a project that helps feed those in need by redistributing food that might otherwise go to landfills. Then he’ll host a party for 400 nurses and midwives, saluting the National Health Service’s own 75th birthday. For good measure, the king appears on the cover of this month's Big Issue, which gives marginalized people the opportunity to earn money by selling the magazine on the street...

From Buckingham Palace: “In common with thousands of men each year, The King has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate. His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure.”

This is an unusual level of detail on the health of a member of the Royal Family, but we are told the king wishes to share his diagnosis to encourage other men to get themselves checked.

Attachments

• 1705505641299.jpeg
    1705505641299.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The Kate thing is weird tbh...people are normally in and out of hospital within hours here these days

Yes.

Likely, the Palace will not tell us much about HRH Catherine's health.

But, my family had experience with abdominal surgery this summer, you betcha.

TMI, I am past menopause & had a hysterectomy. My surgery had some "unusual" aspects, took way over the projected time -- more than twice as long as expected. Couple of blips in my recovery. I was scheduled to stay one night, stayed 2. Old lady with blips.

My cousin's wife, younger than I am, different story. Serious intestinal problem. She had to have a 'section,' part of her intestine was removed. Ostomy bag included. She was in the hospital 9 days.

If HRH Catherine will actually be in the hospital for 10 - 14 days....

Again, we have no real idea & no reputable, in-the-know person will tell us.

For HRH Catherine, The Princess of Wales:
1705537206938.jpeg
image from Flora 2000

jmho ymmv lrr

Yes.

TMI, I am past menopause & had a hysterectomy. My surgery had some "unusual" aspects, took way over the projected time -- more than twice as long as expected. Couple of blips in my recovery. I was scheduled to stay one night, stayed 2. Old lady with blips.

My cousin's wife, younger than I am, different story. Serious intestinal problem. She had to have a 'section,' part of her intestine was removed. Ostomy bag included. She was in the hospital 9 days.

View attachment 475444
image from Flora 2000
the Palace put out a statement saying 10 to 14 days

Last edited:
Yes.

image from Flora 2000

jmho ymmv lrr
Besides the lengthy hospital stay, reports indicate that Kate will not resume royal duties until after Easter.
...Royal officials announced Wednesday that Kate had had surgery and was expected to remain in the private London Clinic for 10 to 14 days. She is not expected to resume public duties until April.The princess’ office at Kensington Palace didn’t offer further details, but said her condition wasn’t cancerous. Though she has generally experienced good health, Kate was hospitalized while pregnant because of severe morning sickness...

"Kate Middleton's

parents and Pippa and James

clear their diaries to help Prince William with looking after George, Charlotte and Louis -

as Princess of Wales faces third night in hospital after operation."

1705622591130.png

I noticed in some resent pictures that she has her had on her stomach, two examples below.

2 weeks does seem long.

I noticed in some resent pictures that she has her had on her stomach, two examples below.

2 weeks does seem long.

I saw the one in the blue dress and wondered at the time if she was pregnant but it could be she had a pain in her stomach ;(

Tomorrow must be the day.

Good luck, it’s a simple procedure if they use the laser.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee