Coronation of King Charles III - 6 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
''10 September 2022
King Charles III has vowed to uphold the Presbyterian system of Church governance in Scotland.

Signing an historic oath was His Royal Highness's first act after being officially proclaimed King this morning following the death of his mother, Queen Elizabeth.''

''The oath read by King Charles at an Accession Council meeting at St James's Palace in London states:

"I, Charles III by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of My other Realms and Territories King, Defender of the Faith, do faithfully promise and swear that I shall inviolably maintain and preserve the Settlement of the true Protestant Religion as established by the Laws made in Scotland in prosecution of the Claim of Right and particularly by an Act intituled ‘An Act for securing the Protestant Religion and Presbyterian Church Government' and by the Acts passed in the Parliament of both Kingdoms for Union of the two Kingdoms, together with the Government, Worship, Discipline, Rights and Privileges of the Church of Scotland. So help me God."

"The Church of Scotland is a Presbyterian church and recognises only Jesus Christ as 'King and Head of the Church'.
King Charles, therefore, does not hold the title 'Supreme Governor' of the Church of Scotland and when attending Church services in Scotland His Majesty does so as an ordinary member''

this confuses me ... so does this mean he is or is not the King of Scotland?

Jill Biden and Brigitte Macron both looking lovely this morning. Ant and Dec not bad either :D

Brigitte's LV tailored dress and jacket are stunning - wish I could afford fabric and tailoring like that. Very appropriate to the occasion, no attempt to compete with the Royals. Good ad for Louis Vuitton, too.

ADMIN NOTE:

Some posts have been removed.

This thread is to discuss and celebrate the Coronation of King Charles III. Please do not drag it down by turning it into a rehash of extraneous family issues from the past.

Thank you.

this confuses me ... so does this mean he is or is not the King of Scotland?
As per dotr's article -
"King Charles, therefore, does not hold the title 'Supreme Governor' of the Church of Scotland and when attending Church services in Scotland His Majesty does so as an ordinary member."
He is king of Scotland but not head of the church.

• 1683482952438.png
  • A royal fan wearing a crown and a shattered-mirror suit mingles with tourists outside Buckingham Palace
    (AFP/Getty)

• William and Kate make unexpected visit to coronation concert queue – live
  • ''Prince and Princess of Wales surprise coronation concert-goers to greet them in Windsor​

The Prince and Princess of Wales have made a surprise appearance to greet coronation concert-goers on The Long Walk in Windsor on Sunday.
    Prince William and Princess Kate are chatting to well-wishers who have lined the streets after King Charles III's coronation.
    The Prince and Princess of Wales surprised fans in Windsor with a walkabout as the King and Queen thanked well-wishers for their support.
    William and Kate made the unannounced appearance ahead of Sunday’s star-studded coronation concert at Windsor Castle and were seen shaking hands and chatting to revellers.''

Last edited:
...Prince William, heir to the throne, took to the stage to pay tribute to his father’s dedication to service. “Pa, we are all so proud of you,” he said.

“As my grandmother said when she was crowned, coronations are a declaration of our hopes for the future. And I know she’s up there, fondly keeping an eye on us, and she’d be a very proud mother,” William said to huge cheers...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back