Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my panic-buying last week. Tomorrow I am planning to buy produce, including some long keepers like cabbage, carrots and beets. I think I could prepare food for a good 6 weeks. It won't be the fresh food I usually prepare, but we'll be fed.

This is kinda nuts, isn't it? Meat? Huh? Why would you stock up on something as perishable as meat? It's not like we are all going into quarantine tomorrow morning.

This is a bit like the Orson Wells "War of the Worlds " hysteria that happened in 1938.

I bought a bunch! I freeze it. I’m trying to shop as much as possible before it starts running rampant in my area.

And the nearest hospital for me to get my lab work done is in Fulton county. I had just decided today I should just go ahead and get it done. Maybe not now...

Or if we knew what part of Fulton. As those of us who live in the metro area know, Fulton is a big county. Sigh. I’m one of the at-risk bunch (age and pre-existing condition). I have a doctor’s appointment scheduled later this week in Fulton for a prescription refill. Maybe not.

Attached is the full press release the governor's office and GaDPH office just released following the press conference. Joe Henke on Twitter

State officials say one of the patients flew into Hartsfield-Jackson. Second patient is a family member. They are under home quarantine in Fulton County. @FOX5Atlanta #Coronavirus

Dr. Kathleen Toomey says these were traveling cases, not “person-to-person” cases in the community. These individuals are at home, isolated, and not hospitalized. #11Alive https://t.co/OtAs7rVCfF

Dr. Toomey says the state will be able to test for #Coronavirus on its own by Friday of this week. @FOX5Atlanta

Attachments

• IMG_20200302_224056.jpg
    IMG_20200302_224056.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200302_224104.jpg
    IMG_20200302_224104.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 10
Raw garlic is great. Try chewing a bulb, following that with a spoonful of honey to neutralize it, then drink some lemon water. You get used to it. I used to do that a lot when I worked in a toxic building and was often sick.

I usually chew a bulb chased with a slice of lemon. I hate it! I’m not the biggest fan of garlic.

Okay, this is something! China is reporting cases imported from Italy!!

BBM

E #China's Zhejiang Province confirmed 7 new imported #coronavirus cases from Italy. Info on the patients: – returned from Italy – worked at the same restaurant – close contacts of the first patient returning from Italy to Zhejiang – no travel history to #Wuhan

CGTN (@CGTNOfficial) | Twitter

What's good for the goose...you know what I mean...

Reuters: CHINA'S GUANGDONG PROVINCE TO REQUIRE TRAVELERS ARRIVING FROM COUNTRIES WITH SEVERE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAKS TO UNDERGO 14 DAY QUARANTINE - STATE MEDIA

Vincent Lee on Twitter
well, see my post upthread. China has new cases, imported from Italy.

This is indeed worldwide, going in all directions now.

jmo

In addition to trying to build up a pantry of staples like beans, rice, lentils etc, I'm also stocking up on stuff that I don't normally eat much of, but that I might want if I were sick (with flu even) -- things like chicken broth and crackers.

Also @gitana1 I know there is such a thing as garlic capsules -- not sure if they confer the same positive health effects but you might inquire, if capsules would be preferable to you than eating actual garlic. (I can't relate to that, sorry -- I would rather give up chocolate -- which I love -- than give up garlic in my diet! :p Love that stuff! You can probably smell me from there!)

The BNO site tries to keep current totals for all locations. Below is the latest cases from their site, and their link at bottom which includes other statistics like deaths, etc.

OTHER PLACES / Cases
-------------------------------
South Korea 4,812
Italy 2,036
Diamond Princess 706
Iran 1,501
Japan 274
Singapore 108
Hong Kong 100
Germany 165
United States 103
France 191
Spain 120
Kuwait 56
Thailand 43
Taiwan 41
Bahrain 49
Malaysia 29
Australia 31
United Kingdom 40
UAE 21
Vietnam 16
Canada 27
Sweden 15
Macau 10
Iraq 26
Israel 12
Oman 6
Philippines 3
India 5
Finland 7
Russia 3
Nepal 1
Cambodia 1
Sri Lanka 1
Belgium 8
Egypt 2
Lebanon 13
Afghanistan 1
Austria 18
Croatia 8
Switzerland 30
Algeria 5
Brazil 2
Greece 7
Pakistan 5
North Macedonia 1
Georgia 3
Norway 25
Romania 3
Denmark 4
Estonia 1
Netherlands 18
San Marino 8
Nigeria 1
Lithuania 1
New Zealand 1
Belarus 1*
Mexico 5
Azerbaijan 3
Iceland 9
Monaco 1
Qatar 7
Ecuador 6
Luxembourg 1
Ireland 1
Czech Republic 4
Dominican Republic 1
Armenia 1
Indonesia 2
Andorra 1
Portugal 2
Jordan 1
Tunisia 1
Saudi Arabia 1
Senegal 1
Latvia 1
Morocco 1
TOTAL 10,775

Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

CNN International on Twitter

The city of Redmond, WA, has declared a state of emergency due to coronavirus. The city says the declaration is intended to make it easier to ask for more resources. Redmond is best known for Microsoft's worldwide HQ and is only 4 miles from Kirkland, WA.

Some irony in that statement.

They must be detecting only a fraction of those actually carrying it. How did like all the people with it just happen to decide to hop planes to dozens of different countries across the world and infect people everywhere?
Inconsiderate ba*!#@ds is what they are! People in Italy at the time of its initial outbreak have run the risk of boarding flights home or flew off on holiday Deciding to seek medical testing if they show symptoms on arrival wherever. OK, its each to their own I get that. And some people look at it like Well if it kills me, it kills me! HOWEVER I am more of a 'If I can avoid becoming infected then I'd rather avoid it thanks'. People need to stay put - Even if other countries are open to tourists STILL!- until we have a grip on this thing.. although, taking it back to its place of origin.. Chinese authorities have got a lot of answering to do- WHY on Earth were they allowing citizens to fly out of China, certainly over Christmas & New Year- when they knew they had an outbreak. Had they intervened swiftly to ground planes and passengers alike, this would of all been contained and obliterated weeeeks ago. I hope the WHO take the appropriate action as and when this is all over with! X

In todays video from Dr. John Campbell he said he’s heard it’s droplet and aerosols, so it could travel down a hall to another office, depending on how the ventilation is traveling. (Not word for word, but my summary).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madsulli