Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PORTLAND, Ore. – Health officials say a third person in Oregon tested positive for COVID-19, identified as someone who attended a youth basketball game at a middle school in Weston, Oregon.

The person, an adult who lives in Umatilla County, Oregon, has been hospitalized in Walla Walla, Washington.

“The third case is not linked to travel to a part of the world with known cases of COVID-19. It is considered a case of community transmission,” the Oregon Health Authority said.

State health officials say they're working to find anyone who may have been in close contact with the person who tested positive for the new coronavirus.

3rd coronavirus case in Oregon; patient went to youth basketball game in Umatilla Co.
Omg

Yes....IMO....I expect the same here. The virus doubles every 6 days.
I have to agree, it's a matter if time.
I'm guessing just after St Patrick's Day, until somewhere near September.
Just my personal opinion.
The incubation period is closer to 21-28, possibly up to 40 days.
Once the symptoms start, the first 12-24 hours are a very high contagion risk to those not exposed.
MOO

I’m so glad you called them “acquaintances” and not friends. Otherwise, I’d suggest getting new friends. How incredibly selfish to even think about sneaking out of isolation to hang out or party. It’s people like that who are going to be the death of some of us. :mad:

"friends" many people think it's a hoax and are NOT taking this seriously at all. Some people online are planning SXSW makeout coronavirus drinking parties daring each other to lick surfaces, toilet seta. real jackass behavior!

SXSW is about to hit Austin. NO one is going to self isolate if they paid $$ to see bands. Musicians are not going to fly into Austin and then not perform. Things are gonna get really interesting down in Austin soon.

They must be detecting only a fraction of those actually carrying it. How did like all the people with it just happen to decide to hop planes to dozens of different countries across the world and infect people everywhere?

Too many assumed that it was an Asian problem on the other side of the world, so nothing to worry about.

Houston couple remains quarantined for nearly a month in San Antonio after coronavirus outbreak on cruise ship
Houston couple remains quarantined for nearly a month in San Antonio after coronavirus outbreak on cruise ship
So some they are holding for more than 14 days.
Yes. Their was a non-infected British couple aboard the cruise ship who self isolated on board. After 2 weeks sat in their cabin beds having daily face-time with Sky News, they tested positive at the last hurdle and were taken to quarantine in hospital rather than be flown home with other British passengers. 1 British man who also went with them into hospital sadly passed away in Japan. But last I heard, the 2 face timers are recovering, Thanks be to God X

Attached is the full press release the governor's office and GaDPH office just released following the press conference. Joe Henke on Twitter

State officials say one of the patients flew into Hartsfield-Jackson. Second patient is a family member. They are under home quarantine in Fulton County. @FOX5Atlanta #Coronavirus

Dr. Kathleen Toomey says these were traveling cases, not “person-to-person” cases in the community. These individuals are at home, isolated, and not hospitalized. #11Alive https://t.co/OtAs7rVCfF

Dr. Toomey says the state will be able to test for #Coronavirus on its own by Friday of this week. @FOX5Atlanta

If it's from one family member to another that didn't go to Italy, that IS the definition of person-to-person... is it not???????

And why are they isolating with other family members as the China WHO report said that is the #1 way to get it!!!! Perhaps they don't have friends to farm out family to take care of while in isolation?

Went to get some last minute things from the shops today in Sydney’s western suburbs (important things like Oreos).
Major supermarket was out of toilet paper, tinned tomatoes, pasta, rice, baby wipes and bleach. So glad I listened to my intuition and got in early.

"friends" many people think it's a hoax and are NOT taking this seriously at all. Some people online are planning SXSW makeout coronavirus drinking parties daring each other to lick surfaces, toilet seta. real jackass behavior!

SXSW is about to hit Austin. NO one is going to self isolate if they paid $$ to see bands. Musicians are not going to fly into Austin and then not perform. Things are gonna get really interesting down in Austin soon.
Agree. Been to SXSW, and it’s serious musicians plus lots of party time.

Went to conference last November in San Diego.... fell in love with the city.... never expected it... then roadtripped up Highway 1 and didn't want to leave.... soooooo beautiful! Monterrey, Morro Bay, Half Moon Bay... definitely will be back (after CV has passed)... you live in a beautiful state! :rolleyes:
Thank you so much @NoSI !

Not really, I like to make soups, stews and chili. Then I freeze them. I don't eat or buy canned soups or stews. If I shared some you'd understand why I've owned 4 restaurants and have a good sized catering business.

You're making me hungry. I want to try your restaurant. And I need to make some soups and stews myself. I make some decent ones.

Went to get some last minute things from the shops today in Sydney’s western suburbs (important things like Oreos).
Major supermarket was out of toilet paper, tinned tomatoes, pasta, rice, baby wipes and bleach. So glad I listened to my intuition and got in early.

I needed milk and some weekly provisions.

My regular grocery store was clearly prepared, with big toilet paper towers, bleach, wipes, plastic bag displays, and a good stock of such.

Interesting that the canned goods section was ravaged, again the canned corn. :confused: But the small ( individual) frozen pizzas were gone. And the canned chili, and bleach. sauces, and canned tuna were also very depleted. And ketsup was going fast, as were prepared mac & cheese.

We're one county over from Placer County, CA where a healthcare provider has tested positive ( most likely caring for the UC Davis person), and we're a huge skiing destination ( although this year is not the best). So a big churn of visitors. It's starting to getting a bit real.

To be fair, I did not inventory the beer refrigerator.

There's an app for that! I know Santa Ana well. All of Orange County actually.

I just went to the market in Santa Ana. It’s kind of funny. Everything was pretty much there except much of the organic frozen veggies. Store was FULL of meat. Toilet paper. Canned goods. The rice was a bit depleted. Some of the sale toilet paper was out.

I got some provisions. But I’m not doing more. My problem is I usually shop daily for what we are eating that night. Unless I go out. I’m not used to pre-planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway