Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone was sneezing like mad in the supermarket. Young man in front of me coughed once and I acted like he was the plague. Ran backwards and waited a few seconds. Probably did me no good.

Whenever anyone mentions at a gathering that they have a cold, I make a big show of backing up with a horrified look on my face while asking “Why are you here?!!!” I have no shame about shaming deliberate germ spreaders. :mad:

My neighbour is returning from China on Saturday. She has to self isolate for 14 days, but her partner is free to come and go as he likes according to the information he was given. Colour me confused.

Why is her partner free to come and go? Did he travel there as well or stay home? and no that still makes no sense at all!

PORTLAND, Ore. – Health officials say a third person in Oregon tested positive for COVID-19, identified as someone who attended a youth basketball game at a middle school in Weston, Oregon.

The person, an adult who lives in Umatilla County, Oregon, has been hospitalized in Walla Walla, Washington.

“The third case is not linked to travel to a part of the world with known cases of COVID-19. It is considered a case of community transmission,” the Oregon Health Authority said.

State health officials say they're working to find anyone who may have been in close contact with the person who tested positive for the new coronavirus.

3rd coronavirus case in Oregon; patient went to youth basketball game in Umatilla Co.

Yeah I suspect they've had it a while for a few specific reasons, as I mentioned earlier, moo.

I’m finally caught up in the last thread, wow. There were some really great articles and information linked, thanks everyone. :)

I am now getting caught up in the new thread. I also got caught up on my much needed beauty sleep (@cody22 , you were right. I was sleeping after posting news all night and eating tator tots! :D)

Just want to say in advance thanks to everyone for the posts, too many to thank as I’m racing to catch up so I can be in the “now”. It’s really important imo to catch up in order...I don’t want to miss a single strain or gene sequence from any of @Henry2326 ‘s flow charts!

PS: I look forward to telling you guys about my “casual interviews” at the grocery store and other “local assessments”.

:)

ETA: @Chelly , I know exactly what you mean about the trail mix!!

Last edited:
China and South Korea have been spraying streets, buildings, etc. with some kind of disinfectant.
Are they doing any of that at any of our airports yet? At least the major ones?
Also, I don’t feel confident that the airplanes are being disinfected after each trip. AT ALL. Fomites can last for up to 9 hours on some surfaces.

So Cal here!! I love my state too!

Went to conference last November in San Diego.... fell in love with the city.... never expected it... then roadtripped up Highway 1 and didn't want to leave.... soooooo beautiful! Monterrey, Morro Bay, Half Moon Bay... definitely will be back (after CV has passed)... you live in a beautiful state! :rolleyes:

JMO
To help lower the spreading of this,
I think the WHO and CDC need to get to the bottom of why the main clusters flourished. I mean really investigate and prove exactly what was the main reason the cluster took off.

Like on the Princess Cruise Ship, was it the Air Ventiliation OR the staff bringing food to the rooms OR some other main reason it spread through the cruise Ship. What was proven to be the main source of it spreading?

Same question for like the Nursing Home in Washington. Was it nurses tending to each resident spreading it OR the food being brought to residents OR some other reason like Ventilation.

Getting the real answer to why these clusters took off should help prevent other clusters from taking off.

Im really concerned about schools, Colleges, and Universities at this point, and the Military. Universities have close living quarters with on campus student housing. The military has military base housing and general close working quarters for the military people. We need to determine exactly why clusters took off so that we can prevent other clusters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway