Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone.

I have a feeling it won’t only be overseas children before too long.

Demand for online teachers has just skyrocketed moo.

That is a super fun job. Make sure that you decorate your office to look like a classroom. And always look sharp, they seriously want you to be wearing a suit or dress.

I used to do that part time, you can take your internet connection off on your taxes, and do look into increasing your internet speed, if you don't have the highest rate yet.

This doesn't surprise me. The kids are usually very alert and sometimes Mom is right next to them.

Fun!

Ok, Dr John Campbell here says the UK government is expecting a pandemic there to be 2-3 mo from community transmission to peak, then 2-3 mo more. It's around the 10 min mark in the video. 4-6 months?? Ok, suddenly I'm feeling way more freaked out and doubting my food and tp supply. How long has Wuhan been in quarantine now? Is it like 6 weeks already?

So when is the community transmission peak ?

I would have thought it was in early February in Wuhan, so that would mean to expect a pandemic in April-May?

Huge announcement.

I’m still in the last thread but had to come here to say:

It seems I’ve been recruited out of retirement to teach online overseas.

The urgent international call came a few minutes ago.

I can not tell you how DESPERATE they sounded. They are offering me TOP pay. They want me to start tomorrow lol.

Wow my life just changed.

I’m overwhelmed with emotion. Tears.

I will be on the front lines with these kids.

You will be GREAT! The perfect person for this job. How exciting!

That school trip.....wow

Presumptive positive coronavirus case in Massachusetts linked to Rhode Island school trip Presumptive positive coronavirus case in Mass. linked to RI school trip

The recently reported presumptive positive case of coronavirus in Massachusetts is connected to the two cases reported in Rhode Island, according to state health officials.

The woman in her 20s from Norfolk County tested positive for the virus Monday and is now recovering at home. The case is considered presumptive until it’s confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

In addition, Meadowbrook Farms School in East Greenwich was closed Tuesday for cleaning after school officials learned the sibling of a student had developed symptoms following a trip to Italy, though the student has not experienced symptoms. The school is expected to reopen Wednesday.

I happy for you. Also curious. If you are inclined to answer, I’m wondering what you retired from to qualify for this position? And how you were recruited?

Feel free to tell me to mind my own beeswax. And congrats!

My family member works for one and these are basic requirements:
  • a current resident of the US or Canada.
  • Any “formal” or “informal” teaching experience such as mentoring, tutoring, coaching, or alternative education.
  • have a Bachelor's degree in any field.
  • have a working desktop or laptop with high-speed internet that can handle both video and audio.

Before I go back to the last thread, I want to say holy moly healthcare workers are getting infected like crazy, so many countries including domestically. I’m so worried about this.

I have many comments and responses to all the posts but NEED to get caught up.

After that my time here may be limited as I will be back to work.

Wow just wow.

Congrats margarita25

I just wanted to let you know my shipment of freeze-dried ice cream sandwiches for my quarantine set arrived today.

I am now determining how many I will need for a 6-month homestay.

Those who are still going by only the cases that the govt are actually listing...you are so far behind the news. As apparently the govt itself is... color me beyond disappointed. Boy wouldn't that pandemic team have been useful now! I don't suppose anyone would want to go hat in hand asking them back in service for their country? No, our current leaders never go hat in hand, they have not the necessary humility...

Regarding the New Rochelle NY synagogue where the latest case attends:

"[Congregants] 'must self-quarantine until at the very earliest March 8. Those who do not self-quarantine will be mandated to by the County Department of Health to do so.'"

So, does the County Department of Health have any ways to enforce the mandate, check that it is followed?

Also concerning is the patient commutes for work via the MetroNorth (train) into Grand Central station in midtown Manhattan. How to even know who he came into contact with on commutes?

Coronavirus: New Rochelle synagogue ordered to halt services after man who attended services becomes ill

jmo

If its really a lower death rate , that means there must be at least 3x more cases than we know about .

Way behind again, so apologies if already mentioned...

Keep in mind that most of this outbreak is centered around a nursing home. That will automatically put most of those patients in the high risk group. Going off of memory, the upper age range has a mortality rate around 14% (I think)
That rate may have changed some since I last saw the breakdown. The point being, we can expect a higher mortality rate from that facility than what we’ll see if it spreads to the community as a whole. The published mortality rate for a virus is the overall average, but the rates per age ranges will vary greatly.

You will be GREAT! The perfect person for this job. How exciting!

Thank you so much gitana!!!

That is a super fun job. Make sure that you decorate your office to look like a classroom. And always look sharp, they seriously want you to be wearing a suit or dress.

I used to do that part time, you can take your internet connection off on your taxes, and do look into increasing your internet speed, if you don't have the highest rate yet.

This doesn't surprise me. The kids are usually very alert and sometimes Mom is right next to them.

Fun!

Thank you. This is excellent advice, thank you. I still have all my old classroom stuff, teaching supplies, props, and I’ve saved every single card, drawing, note. picture, etc that every student has ever given me over the years. Thank you for the excellent advice. I can decorate. :)

—-

@Inthedetails , what’s the situation on the ground in NYC? People wearing masks, etc? Anyone panicking or anything yet? Would love to hear your input, thank you.

Last edited:
Nursing home in lockdown after carer, 50, is diagnosed with coronavirus exposing dozens of elderly residents to infection

A nursing home is in lockdown after a 50-year-old staff member contracted the deadly coronavirus disease.

The woman, who works at the nursing home in Macquarie Park in Sydney's north west, could have potentially exposed dozens of elderly residents to the infection.

The carer tested positive to COVID-19 late Tuesday night.

Macquarie Park Nursing home in lockdown after carer, 50, is diagnosed with coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

This information needs to be sent to the US CDC and Federal Government committee to wake them up and see that this epidemic with be devastating for nursing homes and other group care homes if they don't make a special effort to prioritize testing for the employees and residents and provide financial support to these facilities !!!!!

Last edited:
....snipped this part by me for focus....

In addition, Meadowbrook Farms School in East Greenwich was closed Tuesday for cleaning after school officials learned the sibling of a student had developed symptoms following a trip to Italy, though the student has not experienced symptoms. The school is expected to reopen Wednesday.

Oh my. Do I have this right that the sibling got it but the student that probably gave it to him/her has shown no symptoms or is it the other way around?

Gosh. The WHO and CDC need to really study these sorts of cases to help us all.

New report finds cases could have tripled in China if heavy restrictions were delayed

From Alexandra Lin and Isaac Yee in Hong Kong

China could have had three times as many coronavirus cases if it had delayed implementing strict quarantine measures by five days, according to a new study.

The report, lead by Chinese respiratory expert Dr. Zhong Nanshan and published February 28, said the finding was based on the use of a Susceptible-Exposed-Infectious-Removed (SEIR) epidemiological modeling.

According to the latest National Health Commission figures, mainland China has recorded 80,151 cases of the virus and 2,943 deaths.

The study concluded that the implementation and control measures on January 23 was "indispensable in reducing the eventual COVID-19 epidemic size."
Earlier action may have contained outbreak: Zhong and his team of experts also claimed that based on their model "had the interventions been introduced five days earlier, the epidemic peak should have been reached by February 15, and the final number of cases would not exceed 25,000."

Second peak prediction: But the study also warned that the easing of quarantine restrictions on Hubei province will allow “an influx of new susceptible individuals i.e., migrants returning from the Spring Festival holidays," leading to a "second epidemic peak in mid-March."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills