Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. It was a small device, white in color and there were sections on each side of the door they pictured.

I've not read anything about monitoring in the US.

I highly doubt it's been used yet.
People should be charged by LE for this.

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. a few people in Seattle were asked to self-isolate drove done to Austin instead to party. They thought it's safer in Austin than Seattle. DOH!
They could have brought it to Austin.

Yes please don't do that! Blarney Stone is unhygienic at the best of times. Now... eek. I hope they put a stop to all that stone kissing for the foreseeable!
I visited but did not kiss. First of all, line was too long. And no interest in hanging upside down up there. The gardens were spectacular though. Loved visiting Ireland.

I'm not talking about the ship....
I'm talking about the home grown cases that we are finding now that transpired weeks ago....
The folks from the ship are the least of our worries....they were in quarantine....
Indeed! And, I believe those "home grown" cases will spread like wildfire.
Remember, ONLINE. I’m not going overseas.

I’m crying. I don’t know why.

Balling actually.
Congrats !!!! That is great news and overwhelming at same tine.

Three more deaths linked to coronavirus disease, bringing total COVID-19 fatalities in Washington state to 9
March 3, 2020 at 11:02 am Updated March 3, 2020 at 3:13 pm

By
Ryan Blethen
Seattle Times staff reporter
The deaths of three more residents of a Kirkland nursing home were linked to the coronavirus disease on Tuesday, bringing the number of deaths to nine in Washington state, according to health officials.

Now at least eight residents of the home, the Life Care Center, have died, and their deaths are attributed to COVID-19, the disease caused by a new coronavirus known officially as SARS-CoV-2.

Two of the residents who were confirmed to have COVID-19 on Tuesday died nearly a week before, on Feb. 26, and mark the nation’s earliest known fatalities from the illness.

A 54-year-old resident died at Harborview Medical Center on Feb. 26, hospital spokesperson Susan Gregg said. The man was taken to Harborview on Feb. 24, and had underlying health conditions. Doctors and public health officials typically don’t disclose what health conditions a patient had, due to privacy laws.

The death of another Life Care Center resident was announced Tuesday, and she also had died on Feb. 26. The woman was in her 80s, was never hospitalized and died at home, according to Public Health – Seattle & King County.

The third death announced Tuesday was a woman in her 70s who was also a resident of the Life Care Center and had been hospitalized at EvergreenHealth in Kirkland. She had underlying health conditions and died on Monday, according to Public Health – Seattle & King County.

Thank you so much gitana!!!

Thank you. This is excellent advice, thank you. I still have all my old classroom stuff, teaching supplies, props, and I’ve saved every single card, drawing, note. picture, etc that every student has ever given me over the years. Thank you for the excellent advice. I can decorate. :)
—-
Awww...now I crying too.

Tampa COVID-19 patient called CDC, cleared to fly anyway

Tampa COVID-19 patient called CDC, cleared to fly anyway
The 29-year-old woman flew from Italy to New York and was feeling symptoms of novel coronavirus, so she says she called the CDC before getting on a plane to Tampa. But she says the CDC told her she was not a travel risk based on her dates of travel.

and now... her sister is presumptive positive also

Third coronavirus case found in Florida is Hillsborough patient’s sister

A third Florida case of coronavirus has been found, this one in the sister of a Hillsborough County woman who already has the virus, Gov. Ron DeSantis said Tuesday.

Health officials learned Tuesday morning that the 20-year-old woman’s sister has tested “presumptive positive,” meaning the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has not yet confirmed the test.

The sister is a California woman who is isolating herself in Florida, DeSantis said. Both sisters traveled to Italy, the site of Europe’s first outbreak of the virus, before returning to the United States, he said.

JMO
This is one of the things that has really been bothering me about some of the "officials" I have been hearing in the US. Instead of playing it safe and recommending extra precautions, they instead give poor and/or incorrect advice to people, and now look what happened. A possible case of direct exposure to the person's own relative because of being given poor advice directly from the CDC.

Good Grief. I have lost a lot of confidence in our own officials here in the US about this virus and this is the sort of reason why.

I do think they are starting to learn their lessons but Im afraid its too little and too late at this point.

Dr. Emma Hodcroft

Why are scientists alarmed when the first #COVID19 cases we hear of in a country are deaths? I thought it worth clarifying.
It's not because we worry the virus is "bad", "getting worse" or "changing". It's because #SARSCoV2 *doesn't* seem to lead to death very quickly. (1/n)
Dr Emma Hodcroft on Twitter

It seems like #SARSCoV2 infection takes about 3-4 weeks to overwhelm someone & lead to death - if it does, which for many it does not.
But this then implies that when we see deaths, those people have had the virus for weeks beforehand... (2/n)

And if no cases or only very few, well-tracable cases were detected during those weeks, #SARSCoV2 was circulating undetected.
And then only detected in some people who got ill enough to die. We know that's only a small fraction of the population... (3/n)

So how many people are likely infected before you detect a death? Probably quite few. And with few or no cases, none of these people had reason to isolate or change their behaviour... So how many are infected now? (3/n)

We don't know the answer to these questions exactly, but we don't need to in order to appreciate that seeing deaths first, or at time of diagnosis, is concerning to scientists & public health.
It's a sign that #SARSCoV2 is circulating more widely than we thought. (4/n)

This then marks a change in strategy, as we've seen in Italy, where it's very hard to retrace & take action, sometimes impossible. These efforts are still worthwhile, but harder than when detect #COVID19 cases earlier in the chain.
(5/n)

If the outbreak spreads, U.S. officials might have to consider new steps to protect the more than 1.3 million Americans in nursing homes, such as curtailing visits to reduce the risk of introducing the virus to them, says a former director of the CDC 'Perfect Storm': Washington virus deaths highlight risk at nursing homes Reuters on Twitter

The problem is that that will be almost impossible. You need staff every day at the nursing home, and at the nursing home in Washington, the outbreak was linked to a staff member.

One issue, is the "Domino Effect", from that nursing home, if we look at the numbers, almost 1000 people were affected. The firemen, paramedics, their families, wherever they had been, the numbers quantify very quickly in such a high density population like Seattle.

JMO
This is one of the things that has really been bothering me about some of the "officials" I have been hearing in the US. Instead of playing it safe and recommending extra precautions, they instead give poor and/or incorrect advice to people, and now look what happened. A possible case of direct exposure to the person's own relative because of being given poor advice directly from the CDC.

Good Grief. I have lost a lot of confidence in our own officials here in the US about this virus and this is the sort of reason why.

I do think they are starting to learn their lessons but Im afraid its too little and too late at this point.
Agree agree and agree. IMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member