Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. And is why I wished the state, local, and fedderal governments would have by now put in emergency procedures to force all suppliers of masks to funnel them to the right people that need them first.

I know its easier said than done, but if I was in control of the supply shortages, I would make a list of who needs masks first. Like Doctors, Nurses, Hospitals, first, and then the trade industries like Painters, etc who needs masks for their jobs. Then finally the general public, and then somehow force all the suppliers to funnel through a divy out process where the people that need them get their allocation first.

You cant blame General Public "Joe" when he goes to a General Public store and looks and sees masks on the shelf. Of course "Joe" is going to see them and buy them if he wants because it is a general public store for the general public, of which he is.

Instead of the officials I have seen complaining about the general public buying up supplies at the general public stores, then those same officials can take actions to force supplies where they are most needed.

IMO of course.
Clearly they need to increase mask production instead of claiming masks aren't effective.

Second wave...?????

BEIJING, March 3 (Reuters) - Worrying cases of recovered coronavirus patients in China testing positive again for the infection have raised questions among doctors about the criteria being used for discharging people from hospital.

Reuters: While nearly 3,000 people have died, more than 47,000 have recovered and been discharged from hospital. But weeks later, doctors in different parts of the country are reporting some people have tested positive for the pathogen again.

Reuters: This has raised disturbing questions about the true state of people's recovery and their potential to spread the virus without showing symptoms and has led to calls for more stringent scrutiny of people being discharged.

China doctors seek tougher discharge criteria after positive coronavirus tests

Second wave...?????

BEIJING, March 3 (Reuters) - Worrying cases of recovered coronavirus patients in China testing positive again for the infection have raised questions among doctors about the criteria being used for discharging people from hospital.

Reuters: While nearly 3,000 people have died, more than 47,000 have recovered and been discharged from hospital. But weeks later, doctors in different parts of the country are reporting some people have tested positive for the pathogen again.

Reuters: This has raised disturbing questions about the true state of people's recovery and their potential to spread the virus without showing symptoms and has led to calls for more stringent scrutiny of people being discharged.

China doctors seek tougher discharge criteria after positive coronavirus tests
That darn virus doesn't give up easily, does it?
Haven't heard much about clinical trials on any anti-viral meds. Any of those meds working?

Attachments

• IMG_20200303_081147.jpg
    IMG_20200303_081147.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 8
Re: recommended quarantine situations, current and future, I would much rather people stock up and be prepared with everything that they want or need instead of going out to get it if there’s a chance they’re sick, or if they’ve been recommended to lock down for whatever reason.

People buying supplies to help get them through an emergency is not hoarding unless they get greedy - “insert common sense”. People need to be prepared for themselves and their families. It’s the smart people who are taking these things seriously, and the ill prepared who could cause further spread imo. It is the responsibility of individuals to plan for situations should there be outbreaks in the area. This is for the well-being of all people, not just the individuals themselves.

There’s a difference between emergency preparedness/hunkering down and hoarding.

Let’s make sure that is clear here.

ETA:
Also some people (like myself) aren’t going to want to be in public places such as grocery stores and pharmacies, etc when the numbers start to rise. The last place I want to be is a pharmacy and stores with people coughing everywhere, so I’ll get my Tylenol and whatever else I/we will need sooner rather than later.

yes! thank you margarita!

NBA players advised not to high-five fans as coronavirus spreads - CNN

The National Basketball Association advised its players to restrict physical contact with fans as a precaution to limit potential exposure to coronavirus.

The memo suggests that players "fist bump" fans in lieu of a "high-five" and avoid items handed to them by fans for autographs like pens, markers, balls or jerseys.
But it is ok for several thousand fans to pay their money, sit close together at the NBA games, and go to the restrooms, and stand in line in the concourses, at the concession stands.....?????.....moo

Last edited:
Up to 1 million people could be tested for coronavirus in the US by the end of the week
From CNN's Christina Maxouris
Up to a million people could be tested for coronavirus by the end of week, the FDA said Monday, as cases across the US rose to more than 100 and health officials warned that the number will keep climbing.

Cases of the virus have now been reported in 12 states -- the majority of them in California and Washington state, where six people have died.

About a quarter of the current cases were likely transmitted through US communities, officials have said, meaning they were not travel-related.

"My concern is as the next week or two or three go by, we're going to see a lot more community-related cases," Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said in a news conference Monday. "That's of great concern."

South Korea coronavirus cases surge to over 5,100
So if 1 million tested by the end of the week, and we have 5 days left, that's 200,000 a day. If we see a 5% positive rate, that's 10,000 a day to test positive. So by end of week we should see 50,000 confirmed cases.... follow my math? Am I missing something?

I just had a scary vision:

You know how there are those dental picks, flossers with the plastic on them?
Plackers, etc?

Well I see those quite frequently thrown on the ground and it totally grossed me out.

I hope the day never comes when we walk down the street and see dirty masks on the ground.

There are some people who still litter these days, etc.

The thought of biohazardous waste lying and flying around is creepy.

This doesn’t seem to be an outlandish possibility to me. I hope I’m wrong about this.

scary prospect ... will probably happen ... people throw dirty needles on the ground

Gibraltar confirms first case of coronavirus

A person in Gibraltar has tested positive for coronavirus -- the first case to be identified in the British territory on Spain's southern coast..

The patient, along with their partner, had recently returned from northern Italy via Malaga airport in Spain.

Coronavirus live updates: Fifth of UK workforce could be off sick - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member