Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to 1 million people could be tested for coronavirus in the US by the end of the week
From CNN's Christina Maxouris
Up to a million people could be tested for coronavirus by the end of week, the FDA said Monday, as cases across the US rose to more than 100 and health officials warned that the number will keep climbing.

Cases of the virus have now been reported in 12 states -- the majority of them in California and Washington state, where six people have died.

About a quarter of the current cases were likely transmitted through US communities, officials have said, meaning they were not travel-related.

"My concern is as the next week or two or three go by, we're going to see a lot more community-related cases," Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said in a news conference Monday. "That's of great concern."

South Korea coronavirus cases surge to over 5,100

Ukraine has confirmed its first novel coronavirus case, the country's Ministry of Health said Tuesday.
Deputy Health Minister Viktor Lyashko said the infection was identified in the southwestern city of Chernivtsi. The patient had traveled with family members to Italy, which is experiencing a serious outbreak.
“We had four suspected cases and today one case got confirmed,” Lyashko said in a televised briefing.
South Korea coronavirus cases surge to over 5,100

A doctor at a medical university in Iran who wished to remain anonymous told #Iran International that they have been accepting #coronavirus patients since four weeks ago without being warned by the officials.

The doctor, who has also been infected with #coronavirus and is currently quarantined added: “Unfortunately the Ministry of Health officials did not do the ethical thing and due to their secrecy, several of our staff and I got the disease.” #Iran

Iran International English on Twitter

This thread just keeps picking up speed!! Sometimes I think that by the time I get caught up, it’ll all be over and I won’t even know it since WS is my go to for information!!

** My apologies if this event has already ended and this post is no longer relevant. If that is the case, please message me so I can come out of isolation! - Thank you! **

This thread just keeps picking up speed!! Sometimes I think that by the time I get caught up, it’ll all be over and I won’t even know it since WS is my go to for information!!

** My apologies if this event has already ended and this post is no longer relevant. If that is the case, please message me so I can come out of isolation! - Thank you! **
Sorry.....you have to stay in isolation.... :)

India, which has reported six coronavirus cases, has suspended issuing visas to citizens of several of the countries hardest-hit by the virus No need to panic over coronavirus, Indian PM Modi says

India was one of the countries featured in”Pandemic.” The problem there is that people wait until they are really sick before seeking help. They showed a health group going door to door to find cases. And they followed a pulmonologist on his rounds.

I used to live in Suwanee - absolutely love Georgia!

But IMO, their airport and the MARTA system will unfortunately create havoc in regards to any containment efforts...

Ugh...

OT—-My daughter and SIL are moving to Atlanta in April from San Diego. She got a big promotion at work that requires her to be at the headquarters in Atlanta. Quite a change for them but I think it’s great to get out of your comfort zone.

I don't see any actions of containment in the US response at this time....especially Georgia. They were happy that a doctor tested a patient.....that's a very low standard IMO.
----------------------------------------

It’s very important for people to realize that the peak in China is not “the natural” peak. Numbers have been going down only because of strong measures taken - including rather draconian ones like strict traffic restrictions.
Source: WHO-China Report https://t.co/u5tBIpgbEp Marcel Salathé on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200303_064611.jpg
    IMG_20200303_064611.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors