Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fashionistas in self-imposed quarantine (maybe it will become a status-symbol trend?)

"The magazine world’s leading fashionistas who traveled to the Milan fashion shows — including Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour, Elle Editor-in-Chief Nina Garcia and InStyle Editor- in-Chief Laura Brown — are all in self-imposed quarantines since they returned from the coronavirus-infected country. In all, about 30 people from the three companies that publish the titles are in self-imposed quarantine.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/03/anna-...n-self-quarantine-after-returning-from-milan/

Lawmakers close in on $7.5B measure to battle coronavirus | Xfinity

WASHINGTON (AP) — Lawmakers are finalizing a $7.5 billion emergency bill to fund the government's response to the coronavirus outbreak, even as fear is growing that the rapid spread of the virus is a shock to the economy and will lead to significant disruption in people's everyday lives.

Lawmakers across the spectrum said negotiations are likely to produce a bipartisan deal on Wednesday in hopes of clearing the measure through Congress by week's end — a burst of bipartisan cooperation that's atypical of today's Washington...

I wish you could speak to my acquaintances they are 100% convinced it's a huge hoax created by the media to prevent music festivals. I kid you not. That China was paid to hire actors to create a fake crisis to stop music festivals.
I need new acquaintances.

Yes, you need to stay much farther than 6 feet away from these fools

Los Angeles presser on now. Major announcement seems to be that they have declared “local emergency”. Not really a major announcement to me- JMO.

Lots of places have declared that at this point. Doesn’t really mean much in terms of actions taken. Basically just frees up money. Which is good, but it’s not really “breaking news”. JMO.

ETA: adding they’ve also just reported 5 new cases in LA

WATCH LIVE: CBSN Los Angeles - BNO News

Last edited:
Why are people being told to stock up with clean water?

Is there something else that we are not being told here?

Ummm maybe just as a precaution in case there is one of those pesky regular natural disasters ongoing while COVID - 19 is running rampant.

Like the tornado in Tennessee, earthquakes, major storms, hurricanes, forest fires, etc etc

Trevor Bedford
(Who woulda thought I would be tracking virus experts....just saying)

Patient 0 for Europe...
At the base of this lineage lies the sample Germany/BavPat1/2020. This was "patient 1" in Bavaria who was infected by a business colleague visiting from China. This cluster was investigated via contact tracing and an analysis written here: https://t.co/HgUF9BIzc6 4/7 Trevor Bedford on Twitter

Incredibly, it appears that this cluster containing Germany/BavPat1/2020 is the direct ancestor of these later viruses and thus led directly to some fraction of the widespread outbreak circulating in Europe today. 5/7 Trevor Bedford on Twitter

Thus, I believe, similar to the case in Washington State (Trevor Bedford on Twitter), we had a situation in which a cluster was identified via intensive screening of travelers, but containment failed shortly thereafter and a sustained transmission chain was initiated. 6/7

An extremely important take home message here is that just because a cluster has been identified and "contained" doesn't actually mean this case did not seed a transmission chain that went undetected until it grew to be sizable outbreak. 7/7

My interpretation....travel bans were too late.

Yes, too late. But they'd barely identified Covid-19 as a novel virus at the time of that original seeding event in Germany.

I think this could be why the WHO has been saying that they don't recommend the travel bans, as the virus finds a way around those bans and you get a false sense of security from them?

I'm not saying they shouldn't have happened, especially for Hubei province, but they can't completely stop the virus coming in unless you shut down travel from all countries in the world, and keep that closed down until there's enough vaccine to vaccinate your entire population.

Nooooooooooooooo. No. I would cover my eyes not to read this, but that would mean touching my face.

Please, people.

I can understand not being in a panic and thinking this will blow over - I get that attitude. But a hoax that the entire world is in on is (sorry) crazy.

jmo
Yesterday an Orlando reporter interviewed a dozen early spring break college students playing shoulder to shoulder at the beach-
every single one said the same thing- It's an overblown hoax, no worse than a cold, yada yada.

For the last week I've been trying to stop touching my face. I'm shocked at how often I normally touch it. I've noticed when I'm wearing glasses that I tend to push them up a lot but I really think it's more habit than them slipping down all the time. Also I tend to feel slight annoyances like itching or like a feather brushing my cheek. I finally realized my waist length hair was the culprit. I've started applying more lotion to my face and tying back my hair and it's helped tremendously. Not too much lotion though or those glasses will slip more. Just wanted to pass along my observations in case anyone could benefit from them.

I wish you could speak to my acquaintances they are 100% convinced it's a huge hoax created by the media to prevent music festivals. I kid you not. That China was paid to hire actors to create a fake crisis to stop music festivals.
I need new acquaintances.
Lets just hope stupid never becomes contagious!

For the last week I've been trying to stop touching my face. I'm shocked at how often I normally touch it. I've noticed when I'm wearing glasses that I tend to push them up a lot but I really think it's more habit than them slipping down all the time. Also I tend to feel slight annoyances like itching or like a feather brushing my cheek. I finally realized my waist length hair was the culprit. I've started applying more lotion to my face and tying back my hair and it's helped tremendously. Not too much lotion though or those glasses will slip more. Just wanted to pass along my observations in case anyone could benefit from them.
I did this yesterday, I couldn't believe how many times I touched my eyes, face without thought. I wanted to slap myself. I am my own worst enemy. A mask will eventually help me IMO. MOO.

CNN on Twitter

Rather than shaking hands, Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts is encouraging people to bump elbows to help stop the spread of the coronavirus. The governor demonstrated it in a video of himself greeting people leaving quarantine at a facility in Omaha. cnn.it/2VKG6ha

This is funny to me idk why. MOO
I’d rather just nod at people. Get away from me with this elbow-bumping nonsense!

I am the same.
I remove my glasses and rub my eyes without thinking.
Also push my hair away from my face.
I am trying to stop myself!

I was shocked by how much I touch my face without even realizing it. So now when I leave the house I try and pretend I have no arms so I don’t touch bus railings , tube escalators rail and so on and most importantly I don’t touch my face.
Unfortunately where I now know I shouldn’t be touching my face and I’m now more aware of it now it’s like I have a constant itch all over my face so I have to keep using the inside of my jacket to rub it if it gets too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth