Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heat to 142 f degrees kills virus. COOKED food will kill virus. Chefs generally do not touch with their hands hot food.
Now, if a cook has corona virus and then coughs onto your plate, and the foods not hot anymore, I guess you could potentially get it.
I'm pretty sure that the odds for that would be about the same as winning a 100 million jackpot.

BBM

Exactly @zecats. How do we know whether the cook or server at the local diner is contagious or not, especially in areas like Seattle. When it’s community spread no travel is necessary.

I think it should be laws for all men to shave off their beards.They could easily harbour the virus.

I am in central Florida, in a large retirement community. Some people are paying attention; most are not. Local grocers are still pretty well stocked, but the paper aisles are lower than I have seen in the five years I've been here. We stopped at Aldi last night to get bananas. They were hard to find, and the clerk sighed and said 'we are out of everything'.

Thursday, Fri and Sat we were in Tampa-St. Pete for a memorial service and a visit to sis-in-law. She lives on the beach, and wanted to go bar-hopping. Most of the bars were incredibly packed ~ I had to flee one of them. Could not cope. Now, of course, I regret going. I keep 'feeling myself' for symptoms.
We usually go to Tampa (Saint Pete/Clearwater) this time of year to see the Phillies play spring baseball. I imagine there are many tourists around for that reason, though it's so beautiful there, who needs an extra reason.

I miss being there this year, but can see why it would be a bit distressing to travel and go out. JMO

Cuomo said he expects the number of confirmed cases will continue to grow.

“If you understand the facts, there is no reason for undue anxiety,” Cuomo said. “There are going to be dozens and dozens and dozens of people. And the more people you test, the more people you’re going to find.”

Cuomo also said that CUNY and SUNY students who were participating in study abroad programs in China, Italy, Japan, Iran and South Korea were being recalled. They’ll return on a chartered plane and be quarantined in dormitories for 14 days, Cuomo said.

Coronavirus Update: 6 Cases Confirmed In N.Y. As Family, Neighbor Of Infected New Rochelle Man Test Positive For Virus

Why do we keep bringing people back from virus ravaged areas??? All the cases in the U.S. stem from people who recently traveled and are infecting others. Stop the nonsense!!! We need to get a handle on what we have not bring more in AND the 14 day quarantines have been proven insufficient. This man is a dolt. It’s like he wants there to be more cases. “If you understand the facts, there is no reason for undue anxiety.” Is this for real? If he understood the facts, he would be really anxious.

Side bar... how did the neighbor who drove the Westchester man to hospital get the virus. NY Gov and mayor said in press conference you could only catch with prolonged exposure??? I understand wife and kid catching it but neighbor driver??

Heat to 142 f degrees kills virus. COOKED food will kill virus. Chefs generally do not touch with their hands hot food.
Now, if a cook has corona virus and then coughs onto your plate, and the foods not hot anymore, I guess you could potentially get it.
I'm pretty sure that the odds for that would be about the same as winning a 100 million jackpot.
They could touch your plate, your menu, your chair, the pen to sign your credit card bill.

If someone has the virus, they shouldn't be in a restaurant kitchen or dining room, regardless of how hot the food is cooked.

That goes for ANY restaurant, of course, not just Chinese places. And I know that restaurant managers and owners take that seriously....but also understand that people's appetites for restaurants might be "off" for awhile.

Not easy times. :(

jmo

I've got beer! But that is for drinking.

Seriously, not being able to find sanitizer or alcohol (we do have a bottle, of rubbing alcohol, but I feel like keeping it "just in case") has made me make a commitment to not touching my face. That's free, accessible, and seems an effective preventative action....if I could just quit touching my face.

:)

Cheers! Prost! Kippis! Salud!
Gosh, I agree about stopping the face touching. It seems that as soon as I remind myself not to touch my face, it starts feeling itchy all over. :)

DHEC monitoring 13 in South Carolina for coronavirus

The state’s Department of Health and Environmental Control says it is currently monitoring 13 people for possible infection. It has completed the monitoring of an additional 49. Five have tested negative.

Cases have been confirmed in neighboring states Georgia, Florida and North Carolina.

We usually go to Tampa (Saint Pete/Clearwater) this time of year to see the Phillies play spring baseball. I imagine there are many tourists around for that reason, though it's so beautiful there, who needs an extra reason.

I miss being there this year, but can see why it would be a bit distressing to travel and go out. JMO
I live nearby, and yes it is very busy!

'Host City Contract'gives IOC much leeway to cancel Olympics | Xfinity

TOKYO (AP) — Japanese Olympic Minister Seiko Hashimoto suggested in Parliament this week that the Tokyo Games could be postponed by a few months from the planned July 24 opening and still meet a contract agreement with the International Olympic Committee.

It's not that clear cut and seems unlikely.

The IOC has said repeatedly the Olympics will open as planned in just under five months despite a virus outbreak that started in China and has spread to at least 70 countries...

There are now 137 coronavirus cases in the US
  • Arizona – 2
  • California – 33
  • Florida — 3
  • Georgia — 2
  • Illinois — 4
  • Massachusetts — 2
  • New Hampshire — 2
  • New York — 6
  • North Carolina — 1
  • Oregon — 3
  • Rhode Island — 2
  • Washington state — 27 (includes 9 fatalities)
  • Wisconsin — 1
Live updates: Coronavirus outbreak spreads across the world - CNN

The organisers of Britain’s Cheltenham Festival expect the number of people attending the showcase horse-racing event to be down this year because of concerns over the coronavirus.

A record-breaking 266,000 people attended the four-day event in Gloucestershire last year but the Jockey Club, which runs the event, said ticket sales were slowing.

The festival is bringing in a raft of measures to try to keep racegoers healthy including increasing the number of toilet, hand-washing stations and staff and making antibacterial gel.

The festival is setting up additional toilets and hand-washing facilities and extra staff will operate in all toilet areas to ensure that soap and drying facilities are constantly available.

Coronavirus live updates: Italy to close schools and universities as death toll passes 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member