Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what we've observed and that's just awful. Also some hospitalizations are covered but the hospitals lab and/or x-ray isn't/aren't covered. This is the last thing on people's minds when they're ill and they're in a bind because they can't tell the hospital that they'd like their bloods sent elsewhere where they do have coverage. It's really ridiculous!

We have a unique system that could make this virus worse for us than it is in China.

Timeline (GMT)
5 March
  • 01:29: First case in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. (Source)
  • 01:18: 145 new cases in South Korea. (Source)
  • 00:20: China’s National Health Commission reports 5 new cases across the mainland, excluding Hubei province. (Source)
  • 00:20: 134 new cases and 31 new deaths in Hubei province, China. (Source)
4 March
  • 23:44: 3 new cases in Santa Clara County, California, United States. Two are close contacts of a previous case, one is still under investigation. (Source)
  • 23:43: 1 new presumptive confirmed case in Fort Bend County, Texas, United States. Patient recently traveled abroad. (Source)
  • 22:28: First case in Slovenia. Patient traveled from Morocco via Italy. (Source)
  • 21:01: 3 new cases in Ecuador. (Source)
  • 21:00: 1 new case in Chile. Patient visited several countries in Europe, including Italy. (Source)
  • 20:54: 4 new cases in Ireland. (Source)
  • 20:53: 10 new cases in Iceland. (Source)
  • 20:52: 9 new cases in Algeria. (Source)
  • 20:51: 17 new cases in Sweden. (Source 1, Source 2)
  • 20:50: 5 new cases in Westchester County, New York. (Source)
  • 20:44: 11 new cases in Switzerland. (Source)
  • 20:28: 1 new death in Spain. Patient was an 82-year-old man with underlying health issues. (Source)
Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

A few local COVID-19 stories from my part of Southern Oregon (Jackson county):

Travel agent returns from Southeast Asia trip. She said Malaysia and Singapore were taking temperatures.
Local woman returns home, after traveling through southeast Asia during Coronavirus outbreak - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2

Local university creates notification system, but otherwise doesn’t sound too concerned.
SOU preparing for coronavirus - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2

Most locals are sticking to travel plans.
Most travelers stick with plans, despite Coronavirus concerns - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2

I can find nothing more regarding the story on March 2 that the public health department is monitoring local people in 14 day self-quarantine who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Jackson Co. Public Health monitoring people for coronavirus - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2

The same day the Jackson County public health officer weighed in without mentioning anyone being monitored.
Coronavirus: facts vs. myths - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2

It's the same in France. In different areas of the country, it's not the same number of times (sometimes 2 cheeks, sometimes 3). I've stayed with several families during my education days, and have been corrected many times. Also, it's mostly air kisses.

I'm still advocating a Namaste bow to greet someone...no kissing, no air kissing, no handshakes, no fist bumps. And elbow bumps - just too strange.
Idle musing - How about friendly clothed "butt to butt bumps" ????....moo

BREAKING NEWS: Health officials have announced another case of COVID-19 in B.C., bringing the total to 13 cases. This is a woman in her 80s, who travelled back recently from Hong Kong and India, and lives in the Vancouver Coastal Health area.
She is in critical condition in ICU at Vancouver General Hospital, Dr. Henry says.
CBC British Columbia on Twitter

I have a TON of catching up to do on here, but wanted to give a quick report on my trip to Disney today. First off, the ride was so fun! My daughter has been waiting for this ride to open for 2 years so she was thrilled to be there on opening day.

Now to the subject at hand....you would NEVER KNOW that there is any type of outbreak of any kind. No Purell stations, no "please remember to wash your hands" signs, nothing, nada. Park was packed. At peak time, the wait time for the new ride was 300 minutes (we did NOT have to get in that mess thankfully). I saw 2 people in masks...one was a man who looked to be in his 40s and one was a teenage girl but no one else in her group was wearing a mask so it made me wonder if she had some sort of auto-immune issue (plus she had decorated it). Honestly, it was like any other day at Disney. (Side note: I have read that they have added Purell stations at their hotels and restaurants, but I only know what I saw within the park today which was business as usual.)

Edited to add that a young girl (around 10) was nice enough to full force cough all over my arm so that was lovely. I literally opened my hand sanitizer and bathed my arm in it.

I spoke to my friend in London earlier. She said everyone seems more edgy on public transport, barely anyone wearing masks but scarves up and gloves on. Her office have sanctioned working from home where possible BUT her husband owns a business which depends on customers being in the city... he reckons it'll go under within weeks if revenue is halved.

Medical issues aside, I think the financial effects of this virus - worldwide - will be way more serious than we realise. There have already been hundreds, if not thousands, of tourism staff laid off/stood down. And god knows how Italy will recover from this in terms of tourist bookings and spending.

I think it’s going to be catastrophic. I’ve been saying that for awhile.

Love this. Lived in Texas for 20 years, and I wear contacts. Lol. Thought we could use a laugh. MOO

ESTLBYGWkAIU9SQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member