Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!

Have spoken w readers who have elderly relatives who are resisting social distancing precautions because they've heard on Fox News that COVID-19 is overhyped; hospital doctor in red state who says she assumes it must not be that serious since prep is so much less than for H1N1.
Josh Marshall on Twitter

I simply do not understand WHY folks want to claim that this thing is overhyped...because they truly think that somehow Americans are just that much more special than other countries???

I think the biggest problem we will face, as a Country, will be the number of cases that require hospitalization and the lack of facilities to accommodate/treat serious lung issues. Imagine if even 2% of your local population needed hospitalization?

BREAKING NEWS: Health officials have announced another case of COVID-19 in B.C., bringing the total to 13 cases. This is a woman in her 80s, who travelled back recently from Hong Kong and India, and lives in the Vancouver Coastal Health area.
She is in critical condition in ICU at Vancouver General Hospital, Dr. Henry says.
CBC British Columbia on Twitter

Based on the stats we’ve seen, this unfortunately may be Canada’s first CV death. I’m really praying I’m wrong. MOO

The Washington Post on Twitter

How coronavirus spread in New York: From a man to his family. Then a neighbor. Then friends.

Not gonna catch it thru casual contact and yet the man's neighbor caught it while driving him to the hospital...so, not really that much different between those two...there just seems to be so much doublespeak around this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523