Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely validated what I wrote the other day about going on a cruise, there is literally not enough money to pay me to get locked up on a ship with sick people.
I hear you. I've been on many cruises and found them to be absolutely joyful experiences. A great way to see/visit many countries on the same vacation and your "hotel" travels with you.

Not now though. The horror stories are just that - horrible. DH and I were to fly to Ireland and cruise to Iceland and back in May on Celebrity. I canceled that baby last month. It was disappointing, but I don't regret it one bit.

I sure am receiving a ton of mail and emails about cruises lately though. Bet you could take one for next to nothing $$ wise.

CDC recommendations for long-term care facilities...my favorite one:
  • Ensure sick leave policies allow employees to stay home if they have symptoms of respiratory infection.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Right. The staffing at many LTC facilities lacks sick leave pay for CNA's, cleaning, kitchen, serving staff. The only ones who get SL are usually professional staff, nurses.

And CNA pay, you can't miss two weeks of work! That is probably your rent money.

These folks in DC, just have zero clue what working conditions are for frontline CNA staff. Many of whom are not even US citizens. They are often Legal Permanent Residents or other...status.

I can't tell ya how many things I've tried and had to discard because they burn the tops of my hands. Soooo I jumped on the bandwagon and ordered some too. :) I absolutely love it and it doesn't burn!! Thanks a million for the tip. I vote that you should get a comission!
LOL! I'm so happy that it works well for you! That's reward enough!! You made my night!

FYI - you can set your debit card up for Express Pay at Walgreens and avoid all the touch screens by going through the drive-thru using express pay. You don’t have to get your debit card out once set up.

Hospitality and Travel businesses will be hit very hard.
Unless, this turns into a nothing burger.
So FAR, death rates have been very, very low.
Even the contagion has affected very very few, considering the population(s).

Unemployment claims are definitely going to go up next week, and the following month.

Travel industry are going to lay off employees without pay. So, they will be filing for UI benefits.

I'm not sure what the link said as it wasn't about coronavirus vs flu when I clicked.

The studies I've seen say that it has some variance between cases. The main symptoms at the outset seem to be a dry cough, a fever (which might not be very high in everyone). Tiredness and muscle aches, like with flu. And like flu, the precise symptoms and how you feel can vary as the illness goes from beginning, middle, to recovered. At some point it's said there could be some diahhroea and vomiting. And if there's a runny nose or upper respiratory tract symptoms they might come on later rather than at the beginning.

I got that from watching the Dr John Campbell vids and some case studies and journal articles that he went through in his videos a few weeks ago.
Thanks.It's been my understanding that corona virus symptoms are different from the flu. This patient seemed to have flu like symptoms but then tested positive for the corona virus.
MOO.

I think the biggest problem we will face, as a Country, will be the number of cases that require hospitalization and the lack of facilities to accommodate/treat serious lung issues. Imagine if even 2% of your local population needed hospitalization?
And, working in healthcare, I am already hearing discussions about our employees threatening to stay home if cases of coronavirus start being identified in areas near our health centers. If call-offs occur our clinics will be forced to close. I imagine that other healthcare companies will experience call-offs and closures as well.

Oh boy...NJ has its first case. Inevitable I suppose.

First Presumptive Case of Novel Coronavirus Comes to NJ, Sent to CDC for Confirmation

"New Jersey now has its first presumptive positive case of the novel coronavirus, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy announced Wednesday night.

According to the announcement, the patient is a man in his 30s who is hospitalized in Bergen County. He has been in the hospital since March 3."

FYI Bergen County, NJ is the most populous county in the US in the state of NJ. As of 2018 census, population was 936,692. It is also across the Hudson River via the GW Bridge from Manhattan.

I think the biggest problem we will face, as a Country, will be the number of cases that require hospitalization and the lack of facilities to accommodate/treat serious lung issues. Imagine if even 2% of your local population needed hospitalization?
And the lack of healthcare workers to care for them due to exposure and illness.....

Hospitality and Travel businesses will be hit very hard.
Unless, this turns into a nothing burger.
So FAR, death rates have been very, very low.
Even the contagion has affected very very few, considering the population(s).

Already Las Vegas hotels are hit hard, and don't even ask about the buffets. Shows are not full, and that is with comp tickets. Three more major Las Vegas conferences were canceled.

Not gonna catch it thru casual contact and yet the man's neighbor caught it while driving him to the hospital...so, not really that much different between those two...there just seems to be so much doublespeak around this
I think in a closed environment like a car with the window up, if the infected person was sitting up front next to the driver and coughed, it's very possible the driver would be infected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove