Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are sweet-smelling essential oils that are said to be antiviral, and they can be added to cleaning products. Some of the best oils are tea tree, eucalyptus, bergamot, red thyme and cinnamon leaf. Lemon balm is also mentioned, but it's one of the more expensive oils, the others are not very expensive, and you don't need many drops of them. 6 best essential oils for the flu
If you decide to try any essential oils, do some research beforhand, and never use the neat oil on the skin, always mix them with a base oil. There is lots of information on the web about essential oils. If not using them for any other reason, use them for adding a sweet aroma to the air indoors, they are much better than synthetic smells (and perhaps they also kill the virus).

Okie dokey folks. I'm back here after venturing out to a board game gathering with 3 other friends. What started out as a topical discussion went heated very fast. Can't even think to go into it all at this time, because I'm flabbergasted.

Thought I could handle the discussion, but it was 2 against me (one bowed out from discussion) that there was NO problem at all with this outbreak. They said the death rate Same as flu. Brought up the difference in death rates (they did not believe me, as they heard was the same) and ~20% needing hospitals and shortage of 02 and critical care needs for the 20%. That the issues were hospitals being overwhelmed also during the flu, and the economics of not having any immunity. They both said no big deal, we can put up tents like they did in China and give them oxygen from big tanks, like scuba tanks. I tried to explain that no, they didn't treat in tents, they said they saw that they did.

That's how it started, and went downhill. The more I tried to educate, the more they thought I was nuts...just nuts. And a pot stirrer. "If they could do it in Vietnam, they can still do it now".

Let's just say, I overheard that I"m probably not invited to the next event with this group.

Settling back in to my comfy home here at WS ... to isolation from the world views... lol

Gawd help me, give me an "ignore feature" for my friends please...as I need to roll and scroll them on this issue!
Remember: Knowledge is power..and...experience is the best teacher.

They will see soon enough, most likely, sadly and unfortunately. And if it turns out they are right and it's not that serious, that's a good thing right?

I'm stunned by the depth of #coronavirus information being released in #Singapore. On this website you can see every known infection case, where the person lives and works, which hospital they got admitted to, and the network topology of carriers, all laid out on a time-series ® ¥ ¨ † å ® ø on Twitter

DAMN! That's a find, thanks Henry. Very interesting indeed. Did you download the dashboard yet?

There are sweet-smelling essential oils that are said to be antiviral, and they can be added to cleaning products. Some of the best oils are tea tree, eucalyptus, bergamot, red thyme and cinnamon leaf. Lemon balm is also mentioned, but it's one of the more expensive oils, the others are not very expensive, and you don't need many drops of them. 6 best essential oils for the flu
If you decide to try any essential oils, do some research beforhand, and never use the neat oil on the skin, always mix them with a base oil. There is lots of information on the web about essential oils. If not using them for any other reason, use them for adding a sweet aroma to the air indoors, they are much better than synthetic smells (and perhaps they also kill the virus).
Just keep essential oils away from cats! Deadly for them.

We're clearly not doing enough testing," says Dr. Sanjay Gupta about US coronavirus testing. "You can compare what we have done in this country compared to other countries. ... In order to be able to tackle something in public health you have to know what you're dealing with."

CNN on Twitter

Donie O'Sullivan on Twitter

New: Facebook Closes an Office in Seattle After Worker Contracts Novel Coronavirus

A contractor based in our Stadium East office has been diagnosed with COVID-19. We’ve notified our employees and are following the advice of public health officials to prioritize everyone’s health and safety,” a Facebook company spokesperson.

Hi, still catching up. I wanted to bring forward the recent CDC telebriefings and media releases for reference:

Press Briefing Transcript
Saturday, February 29, 2020 (also dated Monday on CDC website? Release date?)
Coronavirus Disease 2019

—-

Press Briefing Transcript
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Coronavirus Disease 2019

—-

CDC Announces Additional COVID-19 Infections
Media Statement
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Coronavirus Disease 2019

—-

Emergency Preparedness and Response | CDC

—-

Webinar March 5, 2020 | Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)

“Date: Thursday, March 5, 2020

Time: 2:00–3:00 P.M. (Eastern Time)

Overview
During this COCA Call, clinicians will learn what they can do to prepare for COVID-19 including identifying persons under investigation, applying infection prevention and control measures, assessing risks for exposures, optimizing the use of personal protective equipment supplies, and managing and caring for patients (inpatient and at home).“

—-

More / CDC:
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Last edited:
Have a question. The presser said that these folks were in Fulton county, but now we find in Cherokee County. Why the difference? Are they separate, or why did they say Fulton County?
I wondered about this as well. Odd, imo

And your friends from tonight...I have had 2 similar conversations today with my friends.
They are not paying attention at all to the news and the sources they do get news from are questionable, imo.
Trying to educate some people is tricky. It is easier and more convenient for them to believe this sources that tell them it is no big deal or a hoax. That way they don’t have to stress. I do not think we need to panic but we Absolutely must armor ourselves with information, correct information.
One of my friends, Who was born in another country that lives here now told me that Americans overreact...after I asked if she wanted me to pick up a bottle of rubbing alcohol for her. After that I just shut my mouth and did not try to explain anything to her. If I had she would have just thought I was being silly.

Have a question. The presser said that these folks were in Fulton county, but now we find in Cherokee County. Why the difference? Are they separate, or why did they say Fulton County?

My guess is they live in N. Fulton. He attended a class in Woodstock and if they’re in the north end of Fulton then Woodstock for a class would make sense.

It's not. As a single person over 60, it's more that 3x that a month for $6,500 deductible for folks on ObamaCare. That may be for folks who work for corporations, but unless you have a subsidy on ObamaCare, very expensive and high deductibles. And HMO only, no PPO options this year.

That's not a MOO, that's me.

I am 63, in excellent health. My BCBS premiums are just shy of $900.00 per month, with a $7,000.00 deductible. I am in central Florida.

Why Japan is so keen to go ahead with hosting the Olympic Games, despite coronavirus threat

Yes, it’s about the money that has already been spent on facilities and new infrastructure and the windfall from tens of thousands of foreign tourists, but I think it’s much more about the national political pride of ‘Team Abe’,” she said.

They wanted to show the world that they could do this, that they would be one of the very few cities to host an Olympics for a second time and that it would be a massive success,” she said. “It’s about chest-thumping.”

Why Japan wants to go ahead with Olympics, despite coronavirus

I will be very surprised if the games go ahead as planned.

I wondered about this as well. Odd, imo

And your friends from tonight...I have had 2 similar conversations today with my friends.
They are not paying attention at all to the news and the sources they do get news from are questionable, imo.
Trying to educate some people is tricky. It is easier and more convenient for them to believe this sources that tell them it is no big deal or a hoax. That way they don’t have to stress. I do not think we need to panic but we Absolutely must armor ourselves with information, correct information.
One of my friends, Who was born in another country that lives here now told me that Americans overreact...after I asked if she wanted me to pick up a bottle of rubbing alcohol for her. After that I just shut my mouth and did not try to explain anything to her. If I had she would have just thought I was being silly.
I have a couple of friends that don’t believe that man landed on the moon yet they believe the most outrageous things they hear from Facebook. I just change the subject when certain discussions come up, but it is difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove