Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@gitana1

Just wanted to mention that Dr. Maria, in Monday’s WHO Presser, used the term “respiratory etiquette”. I thought you all would appreciate that lol. I sure did.

ETA:
She also mentioned the “three C’s” (I will need to go back for exact quote, note to self, quote is marked with timestamp in files).

Last edited:
My guess is they live in N. Fulton. He attended a class in Woodstock and if they’re in the north end of Fulton then Woodstock for a class would make sense.
Kinda sorta... Homeschool co op= several homeschooling families who each, with their own skill set can better utilize their children's education potential.
IMOO
Fulton County is "close" to Cherokee, depending on your definition of close.
My guess is greater than 25 miles.
MOO.
My children's high school in Bartow County was 18 miles from my home.
Quite a drive back when gas was $4 a gallon and I drove an Expedition!!
Also, the middle schoolers and the high schoolers have to ride the same bus.
A very bad thing IMO...
It is still that way now.
You find home school co ops where you can, to do everything that you can to make the homeschooling experience the best quality possible for your children.
MooScreenshot_20200304-232424_Chrome.jpg

Georgia County Map

Verrrry low number, considering the overall populations.
Edited to add... not all countries are as educated on sanitation, or, even have the availability of clean water and disinfectants.
That is a fact.
MOST countries in this world would be blown away by Canada, England, the USA and the way we go about our daily lives.
Please take this into consideration before you totally freak out.
Okay, toss those tomatoes, but, get your links ready if you feel like arguing. ;-)

CNBC-TV18 on Twitter

#Coronavirus Update | Global coronavirus cases reach 94,700 as Europe continues to see a surge in cases

Many people continue to believe that this virus is only a problem in Asia and for sick old people. Prince William was cracking jokes about it being over-hyped. He's not the only public figure to state that concern about the virus is a bit of a joke.

It seems mind-boggling that people can completely ignore what has happened throughout Asia, the Middle East and the EU, but perhaps they assume that there was something wrong with the people who got sick. People who are basically young, fit and healthy may be at low risk and perhaps that's all that matters to them.

I think WSers are uniquely and acutely aware that an attitude of “it can’t happen to me” is unrealistic. We see this all the time on crime threads. I don’t mean this as victim blaming at all...but people just never think it will happen to them. WSers probably take more safety precautions than most people, but we can be crime victims anyway. And it’s the same thing with COVID-19. The average person or prince or congressman who scoffs thinks it only happens to others. But it can happen to them. And despite our precautions it can happen to any of us. But we do stand a better chance than those who choose to be oblivious to or doubtful of the risk.
JMO

Many people continue to believe that this virus is only a problem in Asia and for sick old people. Prince William was cracking jokes about it being over-hyped. He's not the only public figure to state that concern about the virus is a bit of a joke.

It seems mind-boggling that people can completely ignore what has happened throughout Asia, the Middle East and the EU, but perhaps they assume that there was something wrong with the people who got sick. People who are basically young, fit and healthy may be at low risk and perhaps that's all that matters to them.
Want to get really ticked off? Look on Twitter to see what Matt Gaetz pulled today in Congress.

Edited to remove previous post.

I haven't heard of this cleaner before. Does anyone know the name of it and is it still available? Thank you in advance/

This seems slightly imperfect to me, now that I look at it... but then I also kinda remember reading that the zero-wipe formula was discontinued for some reason; quite possibly because they determined that it wasn't healthy never to wipe the stuff down, lol.

This seems closest - it requires a dry wipe afterwards, but that's an improvement over a wet sponge if you're in a hurry, IMO.

Hard Surface Sanitizer Spray | Clorox®

Looks like it's being discontinued though, which is a bummer. Google Shopping indicates the best local U.S. brick and mortar place to track it down, would be a TrueValue hardware store; though in this climate, you'll probably want to call them and ask instead of driving out first, ha.

Coronavirus can be killed with disinfectant but beware high-touch surfaces, new research from Singapore shows

New research from Singapore
indicates patients with the deadly coronavirus extensively contaminate their bedrooms and bathrooms, underscoring the need to routinely clean high-touch surfaces, basins and toilet bowls.

The virus was however killed by twice-a-day cleaning of surfaces and daily cleaning of floors with a commonly used disinfectant – suggesting that current decontamination measures are sufficient as long as people adhere to them.

Coronavirus can be killed with disinfectant but beware high-touch surfaces

So.... this is some more bad news I’m afraid (yes I’m a Debbie Downer at the moment):

California’s 1st coronavirus death victim may have exposed others in the Bay Area

There are essentially TWO “boats-worth” of passengers to be concerned about on this latest Princess cruise ship. A boat that ALREADY disembarked in San Francisco last week, and now the SAME boat but with a new group of passengers! (this is the group that is just currently moored offshore awaiting testing).

The man who just died in Placer County was sick while he was on the boat with the first group that disembarked last week. No one knew he had CV.

He had been sick while he was on ship.... now everyone left unawares..... same ship took off with thousands of new passengers.... now lots of people on the ship are sick and they’ve been summoned back to SF to wait for testing.... Meanwhile all the people who had been on the ship with man who has now passed away have been running around San Francisco and then going back to wherever they came from....
:eek:

Article will explain it better than I can tonight. Ugh. It’s been a day of bad news around here and my brain is fried. And I didn’t make it to yoga today....

Verrrry low number, considering the overall populations.
Edited to add... not all countries are as educated on sanitation, or, even have the availability of clean water and disinfectants.
That is a fact.
MOST countries in this world would be blown away by Canada, England, the USA and the way we go about our daily lives.
Please take this into consideration before you totally freak out.
Okay, toss those tomatoes, but, get your links ready if you feel like arguing. ;-)

CNBC-TV18 on Twitter

#Coronavirus Update | Global coronavirus cases reach 94,700 as Europe continues to see a surge in cases

I think WSers are uniquely and acutely aware that an attitude of “it can’t happen to me” is unrealistic. We see this all the time on crime threads. I don’t mean this as victim blaming at all...but people just never think it will happen to them. WSers probably take more safety precautions than most people, but we can be crime victims anyway. And it’s the same thing with COVID-19. The average person or prince or congressman who scoffs thinks it only happens to others. But it can happen to them. And despite our precautions it can happen to any of us. But we do stand a better chance than those who choose to be oblivious to or doubtful of the risk.
JMO
Wise thoughts.

Personally, unless it was a loved one, I would not volunteer to drive anyone to the hospital right now. Ambulances have trained personnel.
Sitting next to a potentially infected person in the confinement of a car, doesn't sound like a good idea.
Probably, the driver had no idea of what's been going on.
I hope ALL in this situation recover.

Not gonna catch it thru casual contact and yet the man's neighbor caught it while driving him to the hospital...so, not really that much different between those two...there just seems to be so much doublespeak around this

I’m also in healthcare, but I’m a single mom with 4 kids too. I can’t leave them to live at work for weeks on end, and I can’t risk bringing it home to them either. If I had family nearby that could care for my kids, or a partner to do so, I would absolutely be willing to basically move in at work to help care for the elderly I work with daily. At this stage of life, however, I don’t have options, and my kids will always come first.
I may not have been clear. I never intended to imply that we should "live at work". I was referring to working my scheduled shift, maybe some overtime if needed. We each have to decide for ourselves what we need to do. To each their own. My children are grown but yes, they would definitely have come first. For me, nursing was a calling. It continues to be to this day.

Random late night musing & vent with no significance whatsoever:

After listening to Dr. Nancy, I just want to say I’m bummed about this “social distancing” thing.

While I’m most certainly an independent and private person who really appreciates my “me” time, I sure do love some things like happy hour and other social engagements, when I’m in the mood...Don’t we all? We all have our things we enjoy that we may have to give up, at least for a while. This is wild to me. I can’t say I ever remember a time in my life of not having those options. Even during a hurricane you can still throw a party!

I was just thinking about potentially missing out on the upcoming Farmer’s Markets this year.....boooo. The least of our problems, I know...

—-

(ETA: The randomness of this post just reminded me of “Saturday Night Live”, I think it was, “Sniglets”?? I haven’t thought about that in years!)

ETA2: Quick google search of sniglets provided this from Pinterest / thought it was appropriate:

dc2753a13c7dd34c1549615531e7f039.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda sorta... Homeschool co op= several homeschooling families who each, with their own skill set can better utilize their children's education potential.
IMOO
Fulton County is "close" to Cherokee, depending on your definition of close.
My guess is greater than 25 miles.
MOO.
My children's high school in Bartow County was 18 miles from my home.
Quite a drive back when gas was $4 a gallon and I drove an Expedition!!
Also, the middle schoolers and the high schoolers have to ride the same bus.
A very bad thing IMO...
It is still that way now.
You find home school co ops where you can, to do everything that you can to make the homeschooling experience the best quality possible for your children.
MooView attachment 236342

Georgia County Map

I live on the north side but not in either county so I’m guessing at distances. Woodstock to Alpharetta, for example, is about 15 miles. From Crabapple and Roswell it would be a little less. To John’s Creek would be about 25 miles. I don’t think we’ll know where they are but I hope they’re okay.

I'm sad about that. Of course it's a personal decision. For me, I went into this line of work knowing that I may deal with patients who are contagious. I'm able to care for them with personal protective gear and following infection protocols. I did so just last week with my patient. (Not Covid-19) Unless I'm sick, I'll be there for them.

I want to give you a (non-infected) hug. You’re a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julia2105