Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another presumptive positive in Florida panhandle awaiting CDC confirmation. (Has risk factor).

"DeSantis said a man in his 70s in Gadsden County, northwest of Tallahassee, tested positive for the virus in a local test. The man, who has underlying medical conditions and has traveled internationally, was considered a presumptive positive until the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirms the case."

"Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry said there are people in Duval County being monitored for the virus." (May have traveled and have sniffles).

New Florida coronavirus case awaits CDC confirmation

Exactly!

Too many times in the past, the US does a good job to allocate funds to States in crisis, but does a horrible job of making sure that money gets sent and used to the right people who really need it. Like during the Haiti disaster not long ago, we ended up hearing stories later how tons of supplies were locked up in some wharehouse somewhere and were never divied out to the people of Haiti.
That was in Puerto Rico. Those poor people are still living 'without' and like a third world country.
So who will oversee that 8.3 billion?
We know how FEMA has been run.
Another bureaucratic arm of gov't.?

GRANT COUNTY, Wash. - Wednesday night, the Grant County Health District said a resident is being hospitalized after testing presumptive positive for COVID-19.

The patient is being treated at Central Washington Hospital.

Grant County resident tests presumptive positive for COVID-19

Grant County Health District wrote in a Facebook post, "We understand the community's need for information and we will provide an update tomorrow [Thursday] morning."

Southwest Airlines may need to cut flights due to coronavirus, CEO says

Southwest Airlines CEO Gary Kelly says a drop-off in bookings began last week, and the airline may have to join competitors in cutting flights if it continues.

He said the decision hadn’t been made, but called it a “gut punch.”

This is significant because Southwest is essentially only a domestic carrier – so it isn’t seeing people who are disinterested in flying to China, but seeing people who don’t want to fly around the US.

Kelly said he doesn’t think discounting prices would help, though it is something he could consider.

Live updates: Coronavirus outbreak spreads across the world - CNN

Iran coronavirus: Bodies 'pileup' in morgue as country feels strain of coronavirus - CNN

Dozens of bodies sheathed in black bags line the floor of an Iranian morgue, while workers in protective suits and masks busily walk among them.

It's unclear which, if any, of the people whose bodies lie in the morgue were infected with the coronavirus gripping the country, in this footage from inside Qom's Behesht-e Masoumeh morgue.

Under Islamic tradition in Iran, corpses are typically washed with soap and water before burial. But two medical workers in Qom said that in some cases precautions related to the outbreak are preventing staff from observing traditional Islamic guidelines for burial.

Instead, they said the bodies of those confirmed to have coronavirus at the time of death are being treated with calcium oxide, to prevent them from contaminating the soil once buried in cemeteries.

Testing for the virus takes time, delaying burials and creating a "pile up" of bodies at the morgue, said Behesht-e Masoumeh morgue director, Ali Ramezani, in a report on Iranian state TV, IRIB.

I’m still so mad at the ignorant licking shrines you know what. I can’t get over it. I know that’s not all of Iran but the leaders in that country are of this ilk, IMO.

San Diego

We have confirmed the preliminary #coronavirus test of an AT&T employee that works in Chula Vista has come back positive. Waiting for @CDCgov to confirm the results. Woman and employees she had contact with are under self-quarantine. Authorities say exposure to customers is low.
Marie Coronel on Twitter
Article:
Employee at San Diego AT&T store tests positive for coronavirus

Also in the San Diego news:
Tijuana, Mexico = 2 suspected cases
Mexicali, Mexico = 4 suspected cases
Tijuana shares the border with San Diego, CA and Mexicali shares the border with Calexico, CA. The 6 people had been in Italy.
6 travelers to Italy from Mexicali, Tijuana appear to have coronavirus

Coronavirus: First case of Covid-19 detected in Irish patient who has not been abroad

A case of coronavirus has been detected for the first time in a patient who had not travelled overseas.

Independent.ie understands a person in Cork has contracted the virus - but unlike other Irish cases they have not been to northern Italy in recent weeks.

It is also believed the person was not in contact with any of the existing known cases. This raises the spectre of community spread of the virus.

One health source indicated the latest case may indicate that the virus has been undetected within the community in Ireland for some time before the first case was confirmed.

Coronavirus: First case of Covid-19 detected in Irish patient who has not been abroad

Australia- A Sydney public school will be closed on Friday after a Year 11 student tested positive for the coronavirus.

Epping Boys High School will be closed for one day to allow the school community and health officials to “work through a contact and containment strategy”, a statement from NSW Health said on Thursday.

Both students and staff at the school have been advised to stay at home and self-isolate over the weekend. The closure will affect approximately 1100 students.

“Staff and students will be contacted and advised if they can resume school as normal on Monday, 9 March 2020 or if a further quarantine period will be required,” the school said on Facebook.
Sydney school closed after student tests positive for coronavirus

#Breaking two confirmed cases in #SanFrancisco #coronavirus local transmission - @BNODesk

COVID19 on Twitter

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The City and County of San Francisco today announced presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 in two San Francisco residents.

San Francisco Department of Public Health (DPH) lab conducted COVID-19 tests for the two patients on Thursday and found positive results Friday. The two patients are unrelated and both are being cared for at separate hospitals, officials say.

The patients did not travel to places with confirmed COVID-19 cases and have no known contact with a person with a confirmed COVID-19 case. These cases are likely indicative of community transmission.
Coronavirus Update: 1st cases of COVID-19 confirmed in 2 San Francisco patients, officials say

I just saw a Youtuber who was showing where the Grand Princess Cruise Ship was located out near California in the ocean. I tried to find it myself but as I click on each ship/boat, I cannot find it, but he did. :)

If anyone is good with these maritine maps and can find the ship and somehow point me to it, I would appreciate it. I think it would be interesting to watch what it does in the next couple days. The youtuber said it was moving so maybe its just doing circles out there.

From what I saw, it was located due West and slightly Northwest a little from the Baja California Coast.

MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

Cruise Ship Is Held off California Coast for Coronavirus Testing

I've thought about this reaction to vaccines. I think part of it is related to this. Those of us who are in the above 40/45 (I'm way over that!) group grew up experiencing some of these "childhood illnesses". I had a friend who's mom walked with a brace because of childhood polio. I had a little 7 year old friend hospitalized for measles related Pneumonia. I still remember going to wave to her through the hospital window. She was in bed in an oxygen tent. It was so scary to me! Another died of the flu at 9 years old. :( And suffering through these illnesses was no joke!!
The under 40/45 group have not had the same experiences we did. They don't know the true fear, misery or danger of these childhood diseases. And I hope that vaccines continue to be given so that they NEVER do!

Yeah my uncle almost died from polio. He has a limp to this day as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214