Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our college is still planning to send a large group to Indonesia and even rammed the last payment through early thinking if it’s all prepaid they can’t cancel. My boss is flying later this month and so are a lot of others, going to huge conferences and such. I volunteered to work at home and they increased my workload so I can’t.

I am weary and frustrated by the way my friends and neighbors are not taking this epidemic seriously. I've lived a lot of years and I'm wondering what the He!! has happened to the American mentally!!!!

You know how the metoo society is, privileged and no awareness of anything outside of me.

This epidemiologist says that this virus is acting more like a bad pandemic of influenza which we have arguably experienced twice or three times in the 20th century. He says millions could potentially die from this.

Twice or three times? We know about 1918. When were the other two pandemics that killed millions?

I don't think that was the case with this particular ship? I thought at least one passenger on an earlier cruise ( Feb 1-15, something like that) contracted the virus somehow but wasn't DX'd until after he and his fellow passengers disembarked, and he ended up passing away. That ship was already on it's way home from the next cruise, but some of the passengers had stayed on, doing back to back cruises. It's those passengers who may have been exposed. I dunno- but it does certainly highlight the next to impossible job of tracing and containing the outbreaks :(

Still, wouldn't that mean that the ship was not properly checked and sanitized for the next group of tourists?

If there were passengers on the ship who were either sick or potentially carrying the virus, that should have been a consideration prior to loading up more people.

Hopefully there are enough midwives to deliver at home and avoid the deadly viruses.

it might be true, after the super bowl in the cities who take part there is an uptick in children born 9 months later called super bowl babies

not even kidding there was even an NFL advertisement about it where they tracked down the parents and the children from denver when they won

Our college is still planning to send a large group to Indonesia and even rammed the last payment through early thinking if it’s all prepaid they can’t cancel. My boss is flying later this month and so are a lot of others, going to huge conferences and such. I volunteered to work at home and they increased my workload so I can’t.

Our university has recalled students who are travelling, offering financial assistance to bring them back to the university - regardless of nationality. All trips are cancelled and will be revisited in September.

it might be true, after the super bowl in the cities who take part there is an uptick in children born 9 months later called super bowl babies

not even kidding there was even an NFL advertisement about it where they tracked down the parents and the children from Denver when they won

As long as the midwives are fit and healthy, and women deliver at home, it's all good. Hospitals will now be places of infection and disease where seriously ill patients spend 2-3 weeks. Can hospitals keep the virus in contained areas? How many people in China became sick from being at a medical facility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo