Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The US is not listening....

"In an influenza pandemic the usual assumption is that the spread is uncontrollable regardless of what we do, so we focus on saving lives”, @DrMikeRyan. "In this case some countries have demonstrated it is possible to control the spread.”

Kai Kupferschmidt on Twitter

Did you think we would ? That's why anything that happens is going to hit this country harder simply because "WE" just cant believe it will happen here

Southwest Airlines may need to cut flights due to coronavirus, CEO says

Southwest Airlines CEO Gary Kelly says a drop-off in bookings began last week, and the airline may have to join competitors in cutting flights if it continues.

He said the decision hadn’t been made, but called it a “gut punch.”

This is significant because Southwest is essentially only a domestic carrier – so it isn’t seeing people who are disinterested in flying to China, but seeing people who don’t want to fly around the US.

Kelly said he doesn’t think discounting prices would help, though it is something he could consider.

Live updates: Coronavirus outbreak spreads across the world - CNN
Oh no....my favorite airline. So disheartening, all of this.

Last edited:
He's not giving up....

We're concerned that in some countries the level of political commitment & the actions that demonstrate that commitment don't match the level of the threat we all face. This is
NOT a drill
NOT the time to give up
NOT a time for excuses
This is a time for pulling out all the stops

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus on Twitter

No, I think the media is reporting things in an alarming manner because that sells papers and gets clicks. And, yes, we have no accurate numbers upon which to base mortality figures.

But are you not seeing that most of what is being linked here is directly from the WHO, the CDC or actual statements from health czars and departments around the world?

Experts say that washing your hands is a more effective protection against coronavirus COVID-19 than hand sanitiser.
If you can't access soap and water, sanitiser is the next best thing, according to a World Health Organisation advisor.

Hand sanitiser is one of the products people across the world have been panic buying in the hope of protecting themselves against the spread of the virus, but experts warn the product is far from a silver bullet.

Professor Marylouise McLaws, an expert in infectious disease control at University of New South Wales, told A Current Affair that hand sanitiser some may not kill the germs associated with the virus.
Coronavirus: How to wash your hands properly

Southwest Airlines may need to cut flights due to coronavirus, CEO says

Southwest Airlines CEO Gary Kelly says a drop-off in bookings began last week, and the airline may have to join competitors in cutting flights if it continues.

He said the decision hadn’t been made, but called it a “gut punch.”

This is significant because Southwest is essentially only a domestic carrier – so it isn’t seeing people who are disinterested in flying to China, but seeing people who don’t want to fly around the US.

Kelly said he doesn’t think discounting prices would help, though it is something he could consider.

Oh no....my favorite airline. So disheartening, all of this.

ETA Apologies for double post. It's a never-ending challenge.

Last edited:
He's not giving up....

We're concerned that in some countries the level of political commitment & the actions that demonstrate that commitment don't match the level of the threat we all face. This is
NOT a drill
NOT the time to give up
NOT a time for excuses
This is a time for pulling out all the stops

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus on Twitter

Direct example. @wendybtn this is the twitter account from the Director General of the WHO. Is he insane? Or part of a global conspiracy?

I just saw a Youtuber who was showing where the Grand Princess Cruise Ship was located out near California in the ocean. I tried to find it myself but as I click on each ship/boat, I cannot find it, but he did. :)

If anyone is good with these maritine maps and can find the ship and somehow point me to it, I would appreciate it. I think it would be interesting to watch what it does in the next couple days. The youtuber said it was moving so maybe its just doing circles out there.

From what I saw, it was located due West and slightly Northwest a little from the Baja California Coast.

MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

Cruise Ship Is Held off California Coast for Coronavirus Testing

Try this page:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:370965/vessel:GRAND PRINCESS

and here's the map that I pulled from the above link: MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic
(on my computer the Grand Princess is the blue ship)

Never cruise again....

A second Sonoma County passenger from a February @PrincessCruises ship has been hospitalized with a confirmed case of the #coronavirus. Public health officials are still working to contact all 78 local residents who were aboard #COVID19 2nd case of coronavirus confirmed among local cruise passengers

A third passenger who was on the Grand Princess cruise ship in February has tested positive for coronavirus
Steve Lookner on Twitter

Last edited:
BREAKING: Iranian diplomat Hossein Sheikholeslam, former member of parliament and Iran's former ambassador to Syria, has died of coronavirus - Fars
BNO Newsroom on Twitter

Hossein Sheikholeslam also took part in the hostage crisis at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran in the early 1980s. He gave an interview to the BBC last year, which you can watch here Inside the former US Embassy in Iran

These are the disinfectants you can use against coronavirus

The federal agency released a five-page list of chemicals and products Thursday that it says are strong enough to ward off "harder-to-kill" viruses than SARS-CoV-2.
  • Clorox Multi Surface Cleaner + Bleach
  • Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
  • Clorox Commercial Solutions® Clorox® Disinfecting Spray
  • Lysol brand Heavy-Duty Cleaner Disinfectant Concentrate
  • Lysol Disinfectant Max Cover Mist
  • Lysol brand Clean & Fresh Multi-Surface Cleaner
  • Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes
  • Sani-Prime Germicidal Spray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online