Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man visiting Colorado tests positive for coronavirus; 2nd positive case announced
20 seconds ago

“Polis in a news conference Thursday said so far the state has tested 93 people with negative results and another 38 tests are pending.

Polis said in the first case announced, the man was visiting from another state and had traveled to Italy in February.

The man traveled from Denver International Airport (DIA) to Summit County and stayed with friends in a condo. On March 3, he developed symptoms and went to St. Anthony's Medical Center. It was advised he move to a lower altitude so he traveled in a personal vehicle with his fiance to a metro-area hospital. Two individuals that shared the condo with the man are also being quarantined, Polis said.

Center for Disease Control guidelines say no one who was at DIA should be at risk.”

—-

ETA: Interesting and makes total sense about the altitude.

I think Tito' is very smart.

They don't want to be sued by somebody who gets COVID-19 from their homebrew Tito's santizer nor do they want to get sued from someone who also decides to drink the homebrew santizier. ;):(

(Tito’s is greaaat vodka, btw. I don’t drink booze, but if I do (like maybe today ahaha JK), I will have a Tito’s with soda, splash of cranberry with a lime (man that sounds realllly good right now). That’s about once a year, if that. But yeah anyway Tito’s is some of the best vodka around for a few reasons re: filtering, etc. in case anyone wants to start drinking vodka lol.)

7 short weeks ago, seems like a year, Wuhan posted 198 total cases, some of them with no apparent links to the outbreak market....

Guess what?? We are approaching the same decision point....

Your regular doc does not want to see you, trust me! All you would do is expose staff and other patients to CV.

Regular doc offices are not equipped to handle CV victims. They don’t have isolation rooms like hospitals.
Exactly. I got an email a couple of days ago telling me *not* to go to the ER or my doctor's office if I have symptoms. It said to first call the Health Department.

I'm having some lingering effects from what I believe was a mild case of flu (I've had the flu shot) and while I'm not ready to call my doctor I absolutely would not go and sit in his waiting room with other sick people.

Interestingly, I got this email from Medicare today:

Your Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers a test to see if you have Coronavirus. This test is covered when your doctor or a health care provider orders it, if you get the test on or after February 4, 2020. You usually pay nothing for Medicare-covered clinical diagnostic laboratory tests.

Trying to think ahead, I googled to see about how long a flu epidemic usually lasts. The answer was between 12-18 mos, sometimes in separate waves. I guess that I am going to have to hunker down for a long time. I can't go that long without going out for supplies or some important business. I am going to try to limit my exposure to once a month. Does this sound reasonable? What am I missing?

@MJPeony, curious, have you been going to yoga? This is a main concern for me at the moment, as silly as it sounds.

Local news announced that one of the highest risks for contamination is gyms because everyone shares the same equipment. Gyms typically clean equipment twice a day, and are now increasing that to cleaning after single use, but still that seems questionable.

I was at the self-checkout at the grocery store on the weekend and the interface was not cleaned between every use, more like ever 3-4 people. It seemed like the employee decided that was good enough. Cleaning between use is new - haven't seen that before.

Just read this

Governor Mike Parson on Twitter
ZERO confirmed cases
• Nearly 17 people have been tested
• Testing CAN be done in Missouri
• Prisons, nursing homes & mental health facilities are a concern
• Schools are always a concern, but young people to not appear to be as prone #COVID19

needless to say, the media and others are having a field day... “nearly 17?” Like almost another person? Half a person? IDK I’m so tired of this rn. Seems the leaders of this wonderful country are avoiding telling truths to avoid a panic that is being caused by the non-truths!

I need to take a time out. MOO

Man visiting Colorado tests positive for coronavirus; 2nd positive case announced
20 seconds ago

“Polis in a news conference Thursday said so far the state has tested 93 people with negative results and another 38 tests are pending.

Polis said in the first case announced, the man was visiting from another state and had traveled to Italy in February.

The man traveled from Denver International Airport (DIA) to Summit County and stayed with friends in a condo. On March 3, he developed symptoms and went to St. Anthony's Medical Center. It was advised he move to a lower altitude so he traveled in a personal vehicle with his fiance to a metro-area hospital. Two individuals that shared the condo with the man are also being quarantined, Polis said.

Center for Disease Control guidelines say no one who was at DIA should be at risk.”

—-

ETA: Interesting and makes total sense about the altitude.
I just finished watching all this. He's in my county in isolation. I knew it was coming, I just didn't know when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties