Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, no play, no pay for Lebron. Apparent he forgot about fans who watch the game on TV.

Me, me, me. It’s all about ME. Who cares if there’s a major health emergency and international crisis.

You can’t be cooperative? You can’t try to make the best of a terrible situation where MANY PEOPLE not just you have to make sacrifices and changes?

As one who has power and influence, you are using this opportunity to steer people away from what the focus should be which is containing this situation and preventing future spread.

I’m not on Twitter. I wish someone could tweet this to him. You have my permission, from margarita.

This makes me quite angry.

Yeah I don’t want to have to buy a hundred bucks worth of toilet paper and cancel happy hour.

Get over yourself, Lebron.

Sitting on my hands.

Everything is JMO

Last edited:
He talks like a guy with a 10-gallon drum of the finest Purell in the garage behind his Bently, Porsche, Maserati, Lamborghinis, Suburbans, and a Range Rover

And 5000 rolls of the finest TP

Also boo hoo that he wouldn’t get the adulation of a crowd yelling. His fans can watch on tv. What about that? Seems he only cares about his fans if he can hear them praise him.

I don’t think that’s the medical profession’s attitude at all.
I hope not. I guess I am just losing faith. It seems like here in Michigan there is a lot of apathy.
If A and B are both true, what would you suggest we do instead?
I don’t really know. And i honestly don’t mean to be down on the medical profession. I am in the business and my sister is a medical doc. She firmly believes this is way bigger than it seems.

Another consideration is co-infection. Example: If someone is sick, and flu test was positive, the health department would not go further. The person has the flu

Counterpoint - David Abel who we follow, was tested by Chinese and stated that he was infected with BOTH the flu and COVID-19.

Something to think about......

My daughter is a RN in a South Carolina hospital, she told me they have a lot of patients with the flu that will not be tested for COVID-19. She disagrees with that decision because she believes the public has the right to know where COVID-19 is located but she agrees not testing flu patients for COVID-19 is the right decision because the patients are in the hospital receiving treatment and available tests should be reserved on persons presenting with only COVID-19 symptoms.

Also boo hoo that he wouldn’t get the adulation of a crowd yelling. His fans can watch on tv. What about that? Seems he only cares about his fans if he can hear them praise him.

I’m irate. Self imposed timeout.

This is Selfish Egotism at its highest. imo.

Yeah I don’t want to cancel my yoga, boo freakin who!!
—-

ETA:

If everyone starts saying, “well I’m not doing this and that”...

This is exactly what I was talking about early on, how some people will not cooperate with recommendations that affect everyone, that won’t like being told what to do...

I might have to sign up for twitter and give him a piece of my mind.

—-

ETA2:
Just because you have fame and a bunch money doesn’t mean you get to call the shots here!!!!!!

Last edited:
Worse for me...I’m allergic to the expectorant. Which works really well. It’s awful to have a lung disease but not be able to use that stuff.

Have you ever tried N-acetyl-cysteine capsules? NAC is one of the primary antioxidants produced by the body. It is used as a treatment for acetaminophen/paracetamol overdose (to spare another antioxidant, Glutathione), and in an inhaled form as a mucolytic for cystic fibrosis. I work in veterinary medicine and animal rescue, and we have added it to our treatment protocol for canine parvo.

WHO statement on cases of COVID-19 surpassing 100 000

7 March 2020

As of today’s reports, the global number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 has surpassed 100 000. As we mark this sombre moment, the World Health Organization (WHO) reminds all countries and communities that the spread of this virus can be significantly slowed or even reversed through the implementation of robust containment and control activities.

China and other countries are demonstrating that spread of the virus can be slowed and impact reduced through the use of universally applicable actions, such as working across society to identify people who are sick, bringing them to care, following up on contacts, preparing hospitals and clinics to manage a surge in patients, and training health workers.

WHO calls on all countries to continue efforts that have been effective in limiting the number of cases and slowing the spread of the virus.

Every effort to contain the virus and slow the spread saves lives. These efforts give health systems and all of society much needed time to prepare, and researchers more time to identify effective treatments and develop vaccines.

Allowing uncontrolled spread should not be a choice of any government, as it will harm not only the citizens of that country but affect other countries as well.

We must stop, contain, control, delay and reduce the impact of this virus at every opportunity. Every person has the capacity to contribute, to protect themselves, to protect others, whether in the home, the community, the health care system, the work place or the transport system.

Leaders at all levels and in all walks of life must step forward to bring about this commitment across society.

WHO will continue to work with all countries, our partners and expert networks to coordinate the international response, develop guidance, distribute supplies, share knowledge and provide people with the information they need to protect themselves and others.

BBM

My daughter is a RN in a South Carolina hospital, she told me they have a lot of patients with the flu that will not be tested for COVID-19. She disagrees with that decision because she believes the public has the right to know where COVID-19 is located but she agrees not testing flu patients for COVID-19 is the right decision because the patients are in the hospital receiving treatment and available tests should be reserved on persons presenting with only COVID-19 symptoms.
Agreed....if they test positive for influenza... If they test negative then they should be tested for covid19....IMO

Only curious, how many countries have to be noted as local transmission before this qualifies as pandemic.....

By definition, it is a pandemic, officials are just avoiding the word.

"Phase 1 no viruses circulating among animals have been reported to cause infections in humans.

Phase 2 an animal influenza virus circulating among domesticated or wild animals is known to have caused infection in humans, and is therefore considered a potential pandemic threat.

Phase 3, an animal or human-animal influenza reassortant virus has caused sporadic cases or small clusters of disease in people, but has not resulted in human-to-human transmission sufficient to sustain community-level outbreaks. Limited human-to-human transmission may occur under some circumstances, for example, when there is close contact between an infected person and an unprotected caregiver. However, limited transmission under such restricted circumstances does not indicate that the virus has gained the level of transmissibility among humans necessary to cause a pandemic.

Phase 4 is characterized by verified human-to-human transmission of an animal or human-animal influenza reassortant virus able to cause “community-level outbreaks.” The ability to cause sustained disease outbreaks in a community marks a significant upwards shift in the risk for a pandemic. Any country that suspects or has verified such an event should urgently consult with WHO so that the situation can be jointly assessed and a decision made by the affected country if implementation of a rapid pandemic containment operation is warranted. Phase 4 indicates a significant increase in risk of a pandemic but does not necessarily mean that a pandemic is a forgone conclusion.

Phase 5 is characterized by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one WHO region. While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short.

Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way."

Current WHO phase of pandemic alert for Pandemic (H1N1) 2009

"WHO regions: WHO Member States are grouped into 6 WHO regions:
  • African Region,
  • Region of the Americas,
  • South-East Asia Region,
  • European Region,
  • Eastern Mediterranean Region, and
  • Western Pacific Region."
map_who_regions.gif

Definition of regional groupings

I was in town today (Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada) doing my bi-monthly grocery run/supplies re-stock and not a single hand sanitizer to be found...which is fine because it's something I've always had on hand, and still have at home. There were signs up in every store saying only 1 bottle per customer, but every store was sold out. There was also no rubbing alcohol left anywhere. However, I was very surprised and happy to see lots of hand soap and toilet paper still available in all the stores.

Still running a fever and feeling miserable.
Sleep is my next best friend. Taking plenty of Tylenol, mucus relief chest(expectorant)
nasal decongestant. Wish I had the chicken soup. No plans on seeing the doctor since
I’m staying home. No point unless l get worse.
We now have 15 deaths here in my Seattle area. My heart goes out to their families.
My heart is breaking my tears are flowing as l write this!
Hope you get better fast and especially hope it is not the new virus. Praying for you to feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow