Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AMERICANS ARE STOCKPILING BULLETS

Americans worried about coronavirus are stockpiling bullets to fight coronavirus.

Online ammunition retailer Ammo.com announced that it had seen a 68 per cent increase in transactions since February 23.

Marketing manager, Alex Horsman, said: “We know certain things impact ammo sales, mostly political events or economic instability when people feel their rights may end up infringed.

“This is our first experience with a virus leading to such a boost in sales.”

Coronavirus UK updates LIVE: NHS may be forced to CANCEL operations as UK cases hits 273

Totally agree!!! Just like China, we only count those tested. No testing and the results remain low.

The federal government failed the US citizens and states are trapped having to provide medical care without adequate testing, limited hazmat equipment and a "NO mask" crisis.

I see the tide changing for our political leaders both state and federal. Elected officials are good at making promises and folks forget, this is different.... eventually everyone in the US will be "touched" directly or indirectly and folks are gonna be mad, ticked off and wanting retribution for loss loved ones.

Folks in America and worldwide are scared, if they are following the media. When the Surgeon's General tells me NOT to wear an N95mask, I question his ability to lead our healthcare decisions. Why doesn't he just say..we ain't got mask, no test kits and everyone needs to fend for themselves. I worked 40 plus years in healthcare and it is STANDARD Personal Protective Equipment. Japan has vending kiosk with N95 mask.

When the CDC fails with a test and won't use the WHO approved test, I question how these folks are keeping their jobs.

When the government and CDC puts stranded cruise ship citizens above communities in widespread out break, to provide testing, quarantine with meals and around the clock medical care and jet service to a faculty or hospital. I'm not happy!!!!

Something just ain't right about this whole situation.

IMOO

I think it's pretty obvious profits, not people, are the priority here. Not directed at you, but I don't understand why that comes as a surprise to anyone. It's been the obvious priority for the last few years. Not even the Corona virus is going to change that.

Failures on the Diamond Princess Shadow Another Cruise Ship Outbreak

An alert about a coronavirus infection sat in an unmonitored inbox. A cruise doctor saw “no point” in disinfecting the ship. And Japan disregarded medical guidelines to contain an outbreak.

The email to Princess Cruises was peppered with typos and awkward grammar, but the warning was unmistakable. An 80-year-old passenger had tested positive for the new coronavirus after getting off the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Hong Kong.

“Would kindly inform the ship related parties and do the necessary disinfection,” Princess’s port representative wrote on Feb. 1, relaying a warning from Hong Kong health officials. “Many thanks!”

Nothing happened. Princess says it believes the alert sat unread in unmonitored inboxes. Grant Tarling, the company’s top doctor and the person in charge of responding to outbreaks, said he hadn’t learned about the infection until the following day — after being alerted to a post on social media...

:mad: Heads should roll.

An important note re: the higher mortality rates we are currently seeing, based on my education from all the WHO pressers, etc.

These numbers are going to be higher because they only reflect the patients seen and diagnosed so far. It is the severely ill that will first present themselves to medical facilities.

So, the more cases that are diagnosed, the lesser these numbers may be.

IRELAND CONFIRMS TWO MORE CASES

Two more cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in Ireland, bringing the total number in the republic to 21.

Health officials said that both Covid-19 cases were community transmissions and do not involve people who have recently travelled to at-risk areas.

One case involves a male in the south of the country who is a patient at the Bon Secours Hospital in Cork.

The other case involves a female in the east of the country.

A risk assessment is under way and the HSE says it is working rapidly to identify any contacts the patients may have had.

Coronavirus UK updates LIVE: NHS may be forced to CANCEL operations as UK cases hits 273

218 NEW CASES ANNOUNCED IN GERMANY

Germany has said it has 218 new cases today, bringing it up to 1,018, with no deaths announced.

Many thanks to all of you for your news updates and posts they are very much appreciated.

U.K members I managed to get a few antibacterial soap bottles and antibacterial wipes in B&M stores today so it might be worth a try if you have a store near you. They had a lot in stock but I just bought enough for my Dad and I. I didn’t want to deny them for other people that need them.
Coronavirus: Tesco rations basic shopping items
''Tesco, the UK's largest grocer, has begun rationing essential food and household items as a result of coronavirus stockpiling.

Shoppers are limited to buying no more than five of each of the rationed goods, including antibacterial gels, wipes and sprays, dry pasta, UHT milk and some tinned vegetables

The rules apply in stores and online.

A government spokesperson said it is in touch with the UK's top supermarkets to "discuss their response" to the virus.

Waitrose has also introduced a temporary cap on some items on its website, including some anti-bacterial soaps and wipes.

The supermarket said it was in talks with its suppliers to ensure customer demand was met.

But it said some individual stores may have introduced restrictions, with "some branch managers making a judgement at a localised level".
Gel price ramping
Analysis from Liberty Marketing has found UK own-brand hand sanitisers are being sold on eBay for huge mark ups, with Lidl 49p sanitisers selling for as much as £24.99 online.

Morrison's £2 hand sanitiser is being sold for £29.99.

The Tesco Health Antibacterial Hand Gel (50ml) is just 75p in-store and is being sold for as much as £9 on eBay.

Other supermarkets included in the research include Asda, with a 2,629% increase, and Morrisons, with a 1,400% increase.''

SISTINE CHAPPEL SHUT AS ITALY CLOSES DOWN ALL HERITAGE SITES

The Vatican announced Sunday that it is shutting down its museums, which include access to the Sistine Chapel, until April 3.

Italy has had its worst day so far in its battle with coronavirus, with a quarter of its population now in quarantine and 133 people dead overnight.

The Italian governments decree also shut down outdoor sites like Pompeiis ruins and a blockbuster exhibit in Rome of more than 100 paintings and drawings by Raphael, which was mounted to mark the Renaissance artists 500th anniversary of his death from a fever in the city.

I have an issue. I have some “workers” that need to come to the house. This causes me some anxiety because there’s no way to tell how seriously they may be taking the situation, therefore you really don’t know if they’re practicing proper hygiene, etc., most importantly washing their hands and practicing proper respiratory etiquette.

This may sound silly to some, and I really don’t care. There is universal discussion about containment and closing borders, etc, but what about our own homes?

Last edited:
SISTINE CHAPPEL SHUT AS ITALY CLOSES DOWN ALL HERITAGE SITES

The Vatican announced Sunday that it is shutting down its museums, which include access to the Sistine Chapel, until April 3.

Italy has had its worst day so far in its battle with coronavirus, with a quarter of its population now in quarantine and 133 people dead overnight.

The Italian governments decree also shut down outdoor sites like Pompeiis ruins and a blockbuster exhibit in Rome of more than 100 paintings and drawings by Raphael, which was mounted to mark the Renaissance artists 500th anniversary of his death from a fever in the city.

Have we ever seen anything like this in our lifetimes? I haven’t.

AMERICANS ARE STOCKPILING BULLETS

Americans worried about coronavirus are stockpiling bullets to fight coronavirus.

Online ammunition retailer Ammo.com announced that it had seen a 68 per cent increase in transactions since February 23.

Marketing manager, Alex Horsman, said: “We know certain things impact ammo sales, mostly political events or economic instability when people feel their rights may end up infringed.

“This is our first experience with a virus leading to such a boost in sales.”

Sounds like people are expecting social chaos, perhaps planning to shoot any unknown people who are perceived as a threat.

I have an issue. I have some “workers” that need to come to the house. This causes me some anxiety because there’s no way to tell how seriously they may be taking the situation, therefore you really don’t know if they’re practicing proper hygiene, etc., most important washing their hands and practicing proper respiratory etiquette.

This may sound silly to some, and I really don’t care. There is universal discussion about containment and closing borders, etc, but what about our own homes?
unless it's an absolute emergency that the workers come now, I'd postpone it til things
calm down and there's no worry.
With strangers, you never know where they've been or how well the clean themselves, etc.
I wouldn't do it, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member