Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone looks at a map, with states affected, it follows I-95 corridor on east coast, I-70 from California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, all the way to the East coast. Along the west coast, the virus follows the I-5, all the way to Seattle. North south, it is following the 35 from Texas to Minnesota.

Forget about airports, it is truck drivers who are vectors for spreading the disease in the United States.

Tracking Every Coronavirus Case in the U.S.: Full Map

Do truck drivers get a great deal on cruises? Because what I'm seeing is the west coast cases are related to travel at the onset, then local spread. Be it airflights from China or on Korea, or cruises. That seems to be the nidus event.

My state, New Mexico, is COVID-free. Thirty-two of our citizens were tested with negative results. So, we are COVID testing here in the Land of Enchantment. All states surrounding NM have COVID outbreaks, in addition to the foreign country to our south, (Old Mexico) which also reports the virus.

I tell my out-of-state friends that NM hasn't yet had an outbreak because no one seems to want to come to New Mexico, AND.... no one ever wants to leave here. So far......we are in a state of self-isolation.
We have too much traveling between here and Colorado, just a matter of time til it gets here. Glad NM is in the clear this far!!

Coronavirus live updates: stock markets plunge on global recession fears
''China’s excessive coronavirus public monitoring could be here to stay

Over the last two months, Chinese citizens have had to adjust to a new level of government intrusion.
5000.jpg

Over the last two months, Chinese citizens have had to adjust to a new level of government intrusion. Photograph: Mark Schiefelbein/AP
Getting into one’s apartment compound or workplace requires scanning a QR code, writing down one’s name and ID number, temperature and recent travel history. Telecom operators track people’s movements while social media platforms like WeChat and Weibo have hotlines for people to report others who may be sick. Some cities are offering people rewards for informing on sick neighbours.

Chinese companies are meanwhile rolling out facial recognition technology that can detect elevated temperatures in a crowd or flag citizens not wearing a face mask. A range of apps use the personal health information of citizens to alert others of their proximity to infected patients or whether they have been in close contact.

State authorities, in addition to locking down entire cities, have implemented a myriad of security measures in the name of containing the coronavirus outbreak. From top officials to local community workers, those enforcing the rules repeat the same refrain: this is an “extraordinary time” feichang shiqi, requiring extraordinary measures.''

Right, because New Mexico, like Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, is not on a major highway for transportation of goods in the United States. My theory, after looking at a map, is that hot spots, are along major freeways for trucks. Freight.
Opinions - I40( the old Route 66) through Alberquerque, Amarillo, etc. is a pretty looooong East-West main highway.....Do not use the restroom or look for a motel in Kline's Corner, New Mexico.......moo

Well, I'm trusting that the Chinese government made some good decisions. (not 100%) but I think we can see what they did to save lives.

Which is a lot more than the US Government (including Congress) has done so far.
Agree absolutely. The Chinese were at a severe disadvantage with this epidemic. The U.S. had plenty of time to get ahead of the crisis. Our government should have been better prepared.The egos in control failed. They should have done better.

My state, New Mexico, is COVID-free. Thirty-two of our citizens were tested with negative results. So, we are COVID testing here in the Land of Enchantment. All states surrounding NM have COVID outbreaks, in addition to the foreign country to our south, (Old Mexico) which also reports the virus.

I tell my out-of-state friends that NM hasn't yet had an outbreak because no one seems to want to come to New Mexico, AND.... no one ever wants to leave here. So far......we are in a state of self-isolation.

I have two words for you in NM: Sin Nombre

It's spring coming on, the mice are multiplying, and people are going to be opening cabins soon.

Non political statement

How’s Mexico doing? If they’re doing better than us they might have to close borders. (Coughs with tissue, and washes hands of course)

Oh the irony.

Seriously. What’s up with Mexico. This ain’t no joke. That’s the gateway to infecting all people South AND “back flow” as Dr. S? Calls it. It’s the old “ping pong”, China to Italy back to China.

—-
So, jumping off this, Doc T has talked about why it’s sooo important to protect countries with weaker healthcare systems...etc etc....

I think we need to protect Mexico right now and further south and thank goodness Mexico said they’re on it weeks ago.

—-

ETA:
Yeah I see no problem at all with everyone closing their borders right now. J mean EVERYONE.

I don’t care how important your business trip is. Sorry. Until we get this...

Too extreme??

I don’t know, you tell me.

—-
OMGggg I just remembered something Very important about this that Dr. Mike said!!! Typing

The problem with shutting borders is then it’s also harder to get resources in, etc.

Last edited:
I keep hearing that we should avoid “large gatherings” but how many is “large”...a couple of hundred, 500, 1000...? Does it depend on how close people are to each other? I suppose “It depends” is the only possible answer. CDC doesn’t explain.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
In Santa Clara County we’ve been advised to stay away from groups over 50 people, and to stay within an “arm’s reach” of others.

Now.... many people and organizations have been ignoring this advice. But that’s what has been advised.

:drama: I’m changing my store trip to tomorrow morning first thing when they open. I know myself well enough to say I am NOT up to the trip at the moment. Again, kind of a dizzy feeling. Must be my head spinning literally.

Are any of guys here like holy moly this is really happening? I am. Just sayin.

Doesn’t mean you’re panicking just because you’re “absorbing the situation” around you. I’m like wow, this is freaking unreal...

So, making an early note.

What are the positives here...

Um, I can’t quote think of any atm :D but please, let’s start thinking about that and contributing ideas. The thought of watching the numbers is making me sick, there has to be something to counter this for everyone’s sake.

Yes. Ya’ll know me. I’m pretty rational. This thing has me spooked. I feel like we’re in a movie.

Right, because New Mexico, like Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, is not on a major highway for transportation of goods in the United States. My theory, after looking at a map, is that hot spots, are along major freeways for trucks. Freight.
Nope....Nope...Highway I-40 East to West
Highway I-25 South to North intersect the entire state.

It's spring coming on, the mice are multiplying, and people are going to be opening cabins soon.

In Santa Clara County we’ve been advised to stay away from groups over 50 people, and to stay within an “arm’s reach” of others.

Now.... many people and organizations have been ignoring this advice. But that’s what has been advised.

Yeah it’s obvious humans can not be trusted. :D

Some people will be our biggest downfall, I’m afraid.

And that sucks.

Some people are too far gone, look at the mass shootings, family annihilators, name your wacko. Talk about underlying health conditions. “MENTAL” that is.

Taking a breather.

—-
ETA: Washing hands even though I haven’t even touched anything ahahaha

Last edited:
In the US, the state of Maryland reported two new cases of coronavirus on Sunday, raising to five the total confirmed cases in the state.

In Maryland, a Harford County resident in her 80s who contracted the virus while traveling overseas and was hospitalized and a Montgomery County resident in his 60s who contracted the virus while traveling overseas and was briefly hospitalized.

Coronavirus live updates: stock markets plunge on global recession fears

Yeah and Breaking Bad...... but it's a big state with sparse population for the land mass. We have walls around houses which spread out horizontally rather than vertically and maintain 12 ft when chit-chatting with neighbors.

ETA....and Better Call Saul

Last edited:
I'm as prepared food wise and sanitation wise as I can be. I'm stocked up on OTC meds. I also bought 2 big bottles of Windex. We live in the center of the woods with large windows in every room. I'm gonna wash all the windows and curtains. I'm gonna pack away the curtains and watch the blades of grass turn green and my perennials popping through the dirt. With daylight savings we'll have daylight when my husband gets home and we can walk the trails and picnic in the woods. I've come to realize I can't stop this virus by worrying. I will do what's necessary to protect my family and myself but try to focus on new life around me. If my days are numbered I'm gonna make the best of them.

Indeed. The moon is still in the sky...

Non political statement

How’s Mexico doing? If they’re doing better than us they might have to close borders. (Coughs with tissue, and washes hands of course)

Oh the irony.

Seriously. What’s up with Mexico. This ain’t no joke. That’s the gateway to infecting all people South AND “back flow” as Dr. S? Calls it. It’s the old “ping pong”, China to Italy back to China.

—-
So, jumping off this, Doc T has talked about why it’s sooo important to protect countries with weaker healthcare systems...etc etc....

I think we need to protect Mexico right now and further south and thank goodness Mexico said they’re on it weeks ago.

—-

ETA:
Yeah I see no problem at all with everyone closing their borders right now. J mean EVERYONE.

I don’t care how important your business trip is. Sorry. Until we get this...

Too extreme??

I don’t know, you tell me.
Mexico is on it. Huge respect here for that country and we do need to protect that country.....from us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18