Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Emergency #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article came out two days ago and not sure if the WHO team made it to China yet. When and if they are allowed to land in China, it gives me no confidence that China will let the WHO get access to the raw data that the WHO will need.

It sounds like they were due to arrive this weekend but I still cannot find where the WHO team is actually on the ground in China yet.

"A team of international disease experts led by the World Health Organization (WHO) will arrive in China as early as this weekend to study the coronavirus, the agency said Friday."

"Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar on Friday said U.S. experts are ready and willing to help.

Azar said during an interview on CNN's "New Day" that he and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert Redfield first offered to send CDC experts into China on Jan. 6 — “1,300 deaths ago.”

WHO team headed to China as coronavirus cases climb

Coronavirus: 70 more cases on Japan cruise ship as China infections pass 68,000

What do you think may be causing the increase of cases on the Diamond Princess is it the ventilation or possibly the plumbing?

Timeline of the SARS outbreak - Wikipedia

wrt SARS There was a cluster on a particular floor of the hotel.

"Dr. Liu is believed to have been a SARS super-spreader:
twenty-three other Metropole guests developed SARS,
including nine from the ninth floor"

Diamond Princess Deck:
Diamond Princess Deck Plans: Ship Layout, Staterooms & Map - Cruise Critic

Having trouble locating appropriate face masks.... I’m assuming that not all n95 masks are made equal?

It does get real confusing. This link may have some helpful information but to me it is too complex to really understand it.

I ended up getting 3M N95 masks and they seem like the right type. Finding my Box so I can give more information on the type I have.

Have the box in front of me now.
Mine says 3M 8210 Plus N95 masks. They are listed as one type on that link below so I hope they are the right kind. :)

CDC - NIOSH-Approved N95 Particulate Filtering Facepiece Respirators - 3M Suppliers List

Those possibilities are why there are WHO videos, and why most countries are taking it seriously.

Right now, outside of Hubei, if you fall ill, it's more likely to be a cold or flu. A lot more likely. People can die from the flu, it's not a totally non-serious condition in itself. But right now, you're more likely to have a cold or flu causing a cough or fever, and this month you are more likely to die in a car crash than of Covid-19.

And we desperately need for it to stay that way.

Some of us love you, Amonet, for your basically stay strong posts that yet do not varnish the truth...

ETA: Still not taken off... Ill put up links so when 60 minute ETA is done, others can peek and bump this post if they see they took off please.

Kalitta Air (K4) #581 ✈ 17-Feb-2020 ✈ HND / RJTT - KSKF ✈ FlightAware

Kalitta Air (K4) #585 ✈ 17-Feb-2020 ✈ HND / RJTT - KSUU ✈ FlightAware

Thanks in advance for clicking on and bumping for the rest of us if it shows they took off as my 60 minutes about up for ETA

The FlightAware update has them both departed, but doesn't show any tracking on my screen.

NIH official confirms 40 Americans on cruise ship have coronavirus
They will treated at hospitals in Japan.

“A top National Institutes of Health official said Sunday that at least 40 Americans on a quarantined cruise ship in Japan have been infected with the deadly coronavirus.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said in an interview with host Margaret Brennan on CBS’ “Face the Nation” that infected Americans aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship would be treated at hospitals in Japan. Fauci gave the number as 40, though other reports indicated that the number might be higher.”

Per Abels 5:30 pm video #54 (4 hours ago)

• Youtube is not allowing anyone to monetize videos about the outbreak or virus or quarantine now per their policy.
  • US has offered UK help to extract the folks on the ship.
  • Redo on time to get off.. the captain just announced that those who test negative would be able to get off on the 19th onwards. (that is 180 degrees MOO from 12 hours ago as!)
  • US came with "big army trucks" to pick up US folks and Abels think the plane came into the US airbase, not a commercial airport (that means no following on flight aware unless it shows up on March AFB location?) ETA at 55 minutes... we now know they are Kallita airlines and are flying out of normal Tokoyo airport.. see post below
  • They got roast beef sandwich and quiche for lunch (yeah! they were so tired of "foreign food")
  • Hospital rooms for folks taken off may be 4 hours away from where they are, they don't wanna go and don't want to be separated.
  • K49586 /CKS9586 Kalitta Air/747/Estimated arrival Haneda, Tokyo 21:43 GMT +9 Sunday someone posted on their feed that they think is the US flight...fact that David saw first hand the military trucks come for the US folks ?)
  • During live feed, the guest services announced luggage pickup for the Americans would be in 25 minutes.
  • They said "how great America was for doing this, it couldn't be easy but they did it".
I'll ETA for 60 minutes on this post as I'm halfway through their video
This is great news!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...6e9a74-4f6d-11ea-bf44-f5043eb3918a_story.html

● Forty-four Americans who were traveling on the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan have been infected. They will stay at hospitals in Japan to recover.

● Hundreds of Americans who’ve been quarantined on the Diamond Princess since Feb. 5 have been evacuated from the ship and will be flown to the United States on chartered planes — then quarantined again for 14 more days.

● Several governments are scrambling after an 83-year-old American woman on board the Westerdam cruise liner docked in Cambodia tested positive twice for the coronavirus infection after traveling to Malaysia.

● Taiwan has reported its first fatality linked to the coronavirus, a man in his 60s. There are 20 confirmed cases on the self-ruled island.

● China reported 2,009 new coronavirus cases on Saturday, a drop from the previous two days, as the worldwide death toll rose to 1,669, with roughly 69,000 cases worldwide.

Who do you believe? I listened to a video from the British gentleman regarding why Britain had abandoned them. It was fairly recent, he was referring to the US and Canada sending planes to evacuate their countrymen, but nothing from Britain. In it he said there were military trucks that came to take the USA passengers away to planes. And yet I read the passengers departed on buses but undergoing no health tests (link below). David Abel from Britain who has been posting from his suite on the cruise ship is now critical of the way Britain has forgotten their people, and applied to Richard Branson to send a small plane to evacuate them. (He even said he didn't know how to pay for it, but he would find a way so that Branson wouldn't be out any money). I think there's a lot of problems with little or no information being given to the Diamond Princess passengers. Also, does anyone know for certain that the planes to the US have actually taken off. The flight aware (thank you posters) doesn't seem to be updated and I can't find any additional information.

US passengers evacuated from quarantined cruise ship off Japan

MOO

RSBM
Also, does anyone know for certain that the planes to the US have actually taken off. The flight aware (thank you posters) doesn't seem to be updated and I can't find any additional information.

US passengers evacuated from quarantined cruise ship off Japan

MOO

They are now in the air.. both back to the US.. RL no time to do screen shot, here is link for both in air

Kalitta Air (K4) #585 ✈ 17-Feb-2020 ✈ HND / RJTT - KSUU ✈ FlightAware

Kalitta Air (K4) #581 ✈ 17-Feb-2020 ✈ HND / RJTT - KSKF ✈ FlightAware

First Australian evacuees set to leave Christmas Island after no reported cases of coronavirus | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian

Australian company AusDiagnostics, which is providing the testing equipment and kits for the medical teams inside the Christmas Island detention centre.... managing director Prof Keith Stanley:
“Yes we need to have precautions such as quarantining, but most people who have this infection would only experience symptoms something like a common cold.”

Is this even true? What facts is he basing this statement on?

Probably basing it on case reports coming from other countries?

"And he also mentions discovering a live tick from a bat - parasites known for their ability to pass infections through a host animal's blood."

"It points to research on bats and respiratory diseases carried by the animals at the Wuhan Center for Disease Control and the Wuhan Institute of Virology"

Tics,
Why Do Ticks Spread So Many Diseases? | Live Science

"For example, a new species of bacteria has recently been detected as a cause of Lyme disease in the upper Midwest that has not yet been found in the eastern U.S.

Ticks are known to spread nine bacterial diseases, such as Lyme disease (caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi) and Rocky Mountain spotted fever (caused by the bacterium Rickettsia rickettsia); four viral infections, including Powassan disease; and one illness linked with a parasite, babesiosis (Babesia microti).

Just three species of ticks are responsible for most U.S. cases of tick-related illness, Eisen said: the blacklegged tick (Ixodes scapularis); the Lone Star tick (Amblyomma americanum) and the American dog tick (Dermacentor variabilis).

The blacklegged tick, also called the deer tick, is found in the northeastern and upper midwestern United States, and can transmit Lyme disease, babesiosis, anaplasmosis and Powassan disease. The Lone Star tick, which is found in the eastern and southeastern U.S., can spread tularemia. And the American dog tick is found mainly east of the Rocky Mountains and can transmit Rocky Mountain spotted fever.

Lyme disease is the most well-known tick-borne illness. People who catch it may develop a red-ringed "bull's-eye" rash, along with flu-like symptoms. As the infection progresses, there may be facial-muscle paralysis or nerve pain. Each year, about 30,000 cases of Lyme disease are reported to the CDC, but because of unreported cases, the actual number of people in the U.S. with the disease is likely 10 times higher, Eisen said."

File:Chinese Rufous Horseshoe Bat area.png:

File:Chinese Rufous Horseshoe Bat area.png - Wikimedia Commons

Interesting

FlightAware is reporting that the San Antonio flight left 6 hours late and the Sacramento flight lift 5.5 hours late from Tokyo

That must have been incredibly stressful after all this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member