Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Emergency #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is similar to what I read in an article about some biopsies they were doing on some taken by the virus (dead). The findings are similar to what SARS or MERS does to the organs.

In and out of several major airports every month. I wear a mask and wash my hands like crazy plus wipe my seat/arm rest/etc whether on the plane or at the airport.

Get strange looks but I don’t care. I’m strange anyway.

I get anxiety if the WiFi is spotty on the plane and I can’t catch up with threads on here.

My biggest fear is the threat to all my elderly relatives and friends with compromised immune systems or health issues.

i understand! I traveled frequently between DFW/Boston/Chicago/Indy up until 2 years ago. I’d be a mess if I had to with this going on.

I get it about the looks. I grab extra wipes at the grocery store. Using them to open the freezer doors and wiping the touch screen and credit card keypad.

they can laugh. Obviously lots of people bought masks. It will be a little late to use them post infection- right?!

They are no longer counting those who test positive but have no symptoms......you can't make this stuff up....

Huh? I know there was much confusion when Hubei started including test negatives but WITH clinical symptoms (only Hubei is doing this as shortage on kits, so they see Ground Glass in lungs etc... they know now) but I've not heard "they are no longer counting those who test positive but have no symptoms."

Henry, (or someone else) can you 'splain as I'm missing something or I'm ignorant to what you are referring to. TIA

Whistleblower doctors say coronavirus reinfection even deadlier

Chinese doctors say the illness could be even deadlier for patients who catch it again, according to a report.

The whistleblowing physicians working to fight the virus in Wuhan revealed medically-cleared patients have been getting reinfected, the Taiwan News reported.

“It’s highly possible to get infected a second time,” one of the doctors, who declined to be identified, told the outlet.

The physician said that medication used to treat the virus can have negative side effects on patients’ heart tissue, making them more susceptible to cardiac arrest.

“A few people recovered from the first time by their own immune system, but the meds [sic] they use are damaging their heart tissue, and when they get it the second time, the antibody doesn’t help but makes it worse, and they die a sudden death from heart failure,” the doctor said.

The doc added that the virus has “outsmarted all of us” since he says it’s able to hide symptoms for up to 24 days — which contradicts current guidance which says the incubation period is two weeks.

Don't know if you had time to view the video right below your above post as he addresses that, and says to date, there have been no documented (published paper or case study) of anyone having a reinfection with the virus (but getting a bacterial infection that follows because of the damage to the lungs from the initial viral infection is always a concern)

"China needs to prepare for possible rebound of the epidemic"

Yeppers, what is going to happen when they let folks go back to work and no more isolation. They cannot do that isolation/stay home forever and they indeed do need to be prepared for rebound of the epidemic MOO. I've been thinking that for some time myself. It would only end when there is LARGE herd immunity over 80% or so, and that's not gonna happen with the numbers we have with this first outbreak MOO

That's not quarantine. If she's infected and having contact with someone who is not quarantined, it could have devastating consequences.

No one said whether he was or was not voluntarily in quarantine, only that he didn't have to do it officially. I'm advocating for Western Quarantine rules here, like in US and Canada where individuals were allowed outside for fresh air. This is NOT China, and we don't want it to be.
Going from your car, to your home and back without coming into contact with anyone, isn't harming the general public.

Last edited:
Huh? I know there was much confusion when Hubei started including test negatives but WITH clinical symptoms (only Hubei is doing this as shortage on kits, so they see Ground Glass in lungs etc... they know now) but I've not heard "they are no longer counting those who test positive but have no symptoms."

Henry, (or someone else) can you 'splain as I'm missing something or I'm ignorant to what you are referring to. TIA
They include those with symptoms but have either negative test or no test.
Hubei, where the majority of the world's infections have been concentrated, added a new category of "clinical cases" to its reporting. Now, patients will be included who exhibit all the symptoms of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus — including fever, cough and shortness of breath — but have either not been tested or tested negative for the virus itself.

A Change In How 1 Chinese Province Reports Coronavirus Adds Thousands Of Cases

And, They do not include positive test but no symptoms, making it impossible to understand their numbers.
The changes to the classification of asymptomatic coronavirus cases emerged on Jan. 29, in a set of guidance from China’s National Health Commission. The agency said that it would no longer count patients who had tested positive for the coronavirus but did not display symptoms as “confirmed cases.” Instead, those patients would be counted separately, as “positive diagnosis” patients, and would become confirmed only if they began showing symptoms.

How Many Coronavirus Cases in China? Officials Tweak the Answer

They include those with symptoms but have either negative test or no test.
Hubei, where the majority of the world's infections have been concentrated, added a new category of "clinical cases" to its reporting. Now, patients will be included who exhibit all the symptoms of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus — including fever, cough and shortness of breath — but have either not been tested or tested negative for the virus itself.

A Change In How 1 Chinese Province Reports Coronavirus Adds Thousands Of Cases

And, They do not include positive test but no symptoms, making it impossible to understand their numbers.
The changes to the classification of asymptomatic coronavirus cases emerged on Jan. 29, in a set of guidance from China’s National Health Commission. The agency said that it would no longer count patients who had tested positive for the coronavirus but did not display symptoms as “confirmed cases.” Instead, those patients would be counted separately, as “positive diagnosis” patients, and would become confirmed only if they began showing symptoms.

How Many Coronavirus Cases in China? Officials Tweak the Answer

Interesting

So are the “positive diagnosis” numbers being reported publicly anywhere???

edit- spelling

Well, on one hand I find it absurd, but on the other hand- we don’t know why they had to fly. Might not have just been because of a vacation that they didn’t want to cancel. Could have been for any manner of reasons where they didn’t feel like they had the ability to just cancel (responsibility to relative, employment, other affairs, etc).

Also, speaking as someone who was just flying (scenario where I could not just “cancel), and had pretty high anxiety myself, the fear can be real when you’re actually in a major airport right now and inside a plane with people coughing and sneezing. So while I find the plastic wrap over the top, I have a hard time judging them because some people have higher anxiety issues.

Also- side note, but I find the fellow passenger who took that video and posted it to be really out of line. Violates their privacy IMO. These people are dealing with severe anxiety and I feel like it makes fun of them. Again, totally MOO.

I agree and I do see both sides of this.

Wearing gloves and face masks are only unusual in the US because not many wear them for daily shopping and moving about. If and when the time comes that most everyone is wearing masks and gloves, then it will be normal and not an eye opener. I wore disposable rubber gloves to the grocery store about a week ago mainly so I wouldnt catch anything (cold, flue, etc), and it was so much easier to wear gloves than trying to wipe down the cart's handle. I cant get myself to wipe down those handles because I think it mostly smears the germs all over the place so the gloves were real easy to use and I only had a few stares of people that even noticed I had them on. Once outside and I got my grocery bags into the car, I just threw the gloves into an extra plastic bag I had in the car and threw it away when I got home. It was so easy and I felt better that I wore them. To be honest, I was more afraid of what a stranger's young child's bottom would do to the cart seat area which is right near the handle. No telling what kinds of germs young children in a cart would do to that handle.

But yeah , wearing plastic saran wrap would be an eye opener but I am never going to judge them for that because I understand the anxiety that some of us have about this new virus. The more we learn then the more we can take reasonable steps rather than unreasonable steps. Some havent dug into it like we have so they may have unrealistic fears about it.

Dramatic decrease in new cases. I guess it’s due to all of the quarantine measures.

Ive had a theory on why the numbers started going down but I cant find the exact date that the Chinese official took over and began to put pressure on their cities to do more stringent lockdowns.

From what I remember , some big wig Chinese official more or less took over and ordered the main affected cities to have more stringent lockdowns, etc.

If his visit and announcment coincided with the decrease in numbers, then my theory is that the cities are pressured to reduce the case counts by any means, even if it means reporting things incorrectly or changing the reporting to include statistics that make it seem like things are getting better.

I hope I am wrong and hope their numbers truly are going down.

"China needs to prepare for possible rebound of the epidemic"
This is no regular "bug" from what I can tell.
I don't believe they know what it is truly capable of (yet)
As a 50+ person with auto immune disease and a compromised immune system, I'm very concerned!!!

From what I can tell this is basically-
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.
Once a person gets there, even a ventilator won't help
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors