Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who want a rabbit hole, well here it is. There are so many links on this 3M site, and sources to read here at this link below.

Also FYI, Sherwin Williams got their shipment of n95 masks to put out Friday mornings, and they had 5 packages of 10 each for 3M 8511. The 8210's they said are out for a long time. The 3M 8511's are behind the counter and you have to specifically ask for them. If you are wanting them, call now to see if they got in their weekly shipment at your local store. I think each store is getting only 5 boxes of 10 each week (until distributor runs out like they did with the 8210's?)

Novel Coronavirus Outbreak

The landing page for above has these links in addition to info...

For further information see 3M Technical Bulletin – Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (PDF, 150.92 KB)

Coronavirus and Products Shipped from China (PDF, 60.57 KB)

Possible Alternatives to Surgical N95 Respirators (in the US): Healthcare (PDF, 1.04 MB)

Respiratory Protection FAQ: Healthcare (PDF, 1.6 MB)

Respiratory Protection FAQ: Workplace (PDF, 1.6 MB)

Respiratory Protection FAQ: General Public (PDF, 1.6 MB)

WARNING: Fraud and Counterfeit Activity (PDF, 1.6 MB)

2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak: Disposable Respirator Purchase and Use Guide (PDF, 1.6 MB)

Additional Resources:

Last edited:
Bangkok Airways is cutting executive salaries, sending staff on unpaid leave and reducing the number of flights to cope with the downturn in business because of the spread of coronavirus disease.

The cost-cutting measures would be implemented from Sunday and remain in effect until further notice.

They included a reduction in the number of flights and cancellation of some routes, halving the salaries of the president, executive vice presidents and senior vice presidents of the airline, no salary increase this year for department heads, reduced benefits for all employees and leave without pay for 10-30 days for all staff.

Bangkok Airways cuts back as virus bites

Sky News says that four Britons from the cruise ship had to remain in hospitals in Japan as they tested positive prior to the airlift back to the UK. It says two of the four were David and Sally Abel and "Neither of them is the man who has died." (I figured it wasn't Sally!)

This is the first Briton to die from Covid-19 :(

RIP and condolences to family and friends

Coronavirus: First British coronavirus death as man from Diamond Princess cruise ship dies

China is no longer appearing in the chart, so I hope that's a good sign that they really have got on top of it!

I'm concerned about Tenerife as it was said that one of the Britons to test positive in the past couple of days had come from there...so somehow an infected person left the island before being identified as a high-risk contact?

China is no longer appearing in the chart, so I hope that's a good sign that they really have got on top of it!

I'm concerned about Tenerife as it was said that one of the Britons to test positive in the past couple of days had come from there...so somehow an infected person left the island before being identified as a high-risk contact?

There is not a chart for China on the link, I just did a screen shot for those outside China. If you go to other sites, you can see China Coronavirus Update (Live): 24,627 Cases and 493 Deaths from the Wuhan China Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

The above link is an excellent resource site with lots of information in graph and summary form to put as a bookmark (as is the JH site) MOO

2nd St. George cruise ship passenger infected with coronavirus; Utah shares plans to deal with disease

Mark Jorgensen had this Monday marked on his calendar. That was the day the St. George man was to be eligible to be released from quarantine at an Air Force Base in the San Francisco Bay area.

He had to leave his wife, Jerri Jorgensen, behind in Japan on Feb. 17 after she tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus. The couple had been among the Americans stranded on the Diamond Princess cruise ship in the bay of Yohohama since Feb. 5.

On Tuesday night, with just days remaining in his quarantine, Mark Jorgensen was told he had the virus himself.

My first thought was, ‘You’re kidding me. There’s no way. That can’t be, that can’t be true because how can I be negative before and positive now?’” Mark Jorgensen told St. George News. At the same time, having been exposed to the disease between his wife and what amounted to a floating petri dish in Yokohama bay, Mark Jorgensen said he wasn’t completely surprised.

Two days after Jerri Jorgensen was moved to a Yokohama hospital to receive treatment, Mark was moved by U.S. officials to Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield, California.

After he was diagnosed Tuesday night, he has been moved to NorthBay Medical Center in Fairfield where he will remain isolated in a quarantined hospital room until he can have two negative tests for the virus in 24 hours.

Ironically, Mark Jorgensen said Jerri Jorgensen is having positive signs of being over the virus. In her latest tests in Japan, a nose swab tested negative while a throat swab was positive.

In fact, neither of the Jorgensens have actually experienced symptoms like a fever or respiratory discomfort.

2nd St. George cruise ship passenger infected with coronavirus; Utah shares plans to deal with disease

Mark Jorgensen had this Monday marked on his calendar. That was the day the St. George man was to be eligible to be released from quarantine at an Air Force Base in the San Francisco Bay area.

He had to leave his wife, Jerri Jorgensen, behind in Japan on Feb. 17 after she tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus. The couple had been among the Americans stranded on the Diamond Princess cruise ship in the bay of Yohohama since Feb. 5.

On Tuesday night, with just days remaining in his quarantine, Mark Jorgensen was told he had the virus himself.

My first thought was, ‘You’re kidding me. There’s no way. That can’t be, that can’t be true because how can I be negative before and positive now?’” Mark Jorgensen told St. George News. At the same time, having been exposed to the disease between his wife and what amounted to a floating petri dish in Yokohama bay, Mark Jorgensen said he wasn’t completely surprised.

Two days after Jerri Jorgensen was moved to a Yokohama hospital to receive treatment, Mark was moved by U.S. officials to Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield, California.

After he was diagnosed Tuesday night, he has been moved to NorthBay Medical Center in Fairfield where he will remain isolated in a quarantined hospital room until he can have two negative tests for the virus in 24 hours.

Ironically, Mark Jorgensen said Jerri Jorgensen is having positive signs of being over the virus. In her latest tests in Japan, a nose swab tested negative while a throat swab was positive.

In fact, neither of the Jorgensens have actually experienced symptoms like a fever or respiratory discomfort.

He was in Fairfield, but was moved hours ago to Mercy Hospital in Fulsom CA and next to IMC in Murray. He has an open FB for those that want to follow if you search his name and he has been giving updates.

@JerseyGirl , tried to send you link but cannot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14