Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #100

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question- with all of these cases of Covid across the country, in conjunction with perhaps 50-60% of vaccinated people in this country, are we not approaching herd immunity? How many unvaccinated people across the country do we think are becoming infected with Covid (including children)---

I have a question- with all of these cases of Covid across the country, in conjunction with perhaps 50-60% of vaccinated people in this country, are we not approaching herd immunity? How many unvaccinated people across the country do we think are becoming infected with Covid (including children)---
I have the same question. Shouldn't vast majority of people be immune by now (either through vaccines or natural infection)? Half of the country is vaccinated. We likely had at least twice as many infected people as our official number of infected (which means we had at least 80 millions infected). How is it that we are not at herd immunity?

Last edited:
I read the article but I have absolutely no medical background. Moderna’s trial booster was not a full dose. There is a question as to whether or no the booster needs to be a full dose. If that’s the only problem, I'll take a full dose.

Yep, that is what appears to be the issue with FDA approval of Moderna booster. Moderna wants to use half a dose. Keep in mind that Moderna's half a dose is still a larger dose than Pfizer's full dose. Apparently Moderna's trial data shows that half a dose works really well. Not sure what is the point of forcing them to submit data for a full dose?

"A disagreement between the Biden administration and Moderna over booster shot details has thrown a wrench in the administration's plans, and may result in the booster effort beginning with only some Pfizer recipients later this month."
The Biden administration's tension with Moderna over coronavirus vaccine boosters - Axios

Yep, that is what appears to be the issue with FDA approval of Moderna booster. Moderna wants to use half a dose. Keep in mind that Moderna's half a dose is still a larger dose than Pfizer's full dose. Apparently Moderna's trial data shows that half a dose works really well. Not sure what is the point of forcing them to submit data for a full dose?

"A disagreement between the Biden administration and Moderna over booster shot details has thrown a wrench in the administration's plans, and may result in the booster effort beginning with only some Pfizer recipients later this month."
The Biden administration's tension with Moderna over coronavirus vaccine boosters - Axios

So, who pays the price while the white house argues with Moderna and the FDA? people who should get boosters, that's who, and that is not fair: they need to get their crap together and think of the people who need to get the boosters-- whether it is a half a dose or a whole dose: this makes me really angry.

So, who pays the price while the white house argues with Moderna and the FDA? people who should get boosters, that's who, and that is not fair: they need to get their crap together and think of the people who need to get the boosters-- whether it is a half a dose or a whole dose: this makes me really angry.
I wonder if Moderna recipients will be allowed to get a Pfizer booster? Right now (for immuno compromised) it's not recommended but it's not forbidden either. Right now, if immuno compromised individuals got Moderna before, but it was not available to them, they could get Pfizer.

Schools grapple with thousands in isolation or quarantine as delta variant rages (nbcnews.com)

Many schools that planned to forgo virtual and hybrid learning this year, in favor of in-person classes, are revisiting those plans as outbreaks require students to quarantine.

Schools that have opened their doors to students amid the spread of the highly contagious delta variant of the coronavirus already are grappling with how to best continue teaching students when hundreds and sometimes thousands of them are in quarantine.

As cases of Covid-19 started to wane over the spring and the early summer, many schools planned to forgo virtual and hybrid learning this year, in favor of in-person classes. But the lag in vaccination rates and the rapid spread of the delta variant have led districts to revisit those plans, with varying results.

Some schools have sent students home with packets of self-guided work to submit at the end of each day or when on-campus classes resume. Others have temporarily switched to virtual learning. And in some cases, schools have canceled classes altogether while campuses are closed or kids are in quarantine...

I didn't feel squat with either dose of the Moderna and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Same here. Everyone I know had symptoms...especially the lethargy. My son with such a fever and body pains he ended up in the ER 2, maybe 3 times.
I felt "squat", and as I have said before... I actually think i had a little bit of adrenalin rush...

I keep thinking I got a placebo!

I couldn't agree more. Those of us who are fully vaccinated are doing our part! The FDA needs to get a move on and do theirs!

Same here. Everyone I know had symptoms...especially the lethargy. My son with such a fever and body pains he ended up in the ER 2, maybe 3 times.
I felt "squat", and as I have said before... I actually think i had a little bit of adrenalin rush...

I keep thinking I got a placebo!
I had symptoms escalating with each dose. The second shot was more symptoms than the first, and third (booster) was more then the second (thankfully I didn't need the ER visits). So I believe I made lots more antibodies after a booster.

I had symptoms escalating with each dose. The second shot was more symptoms than the first, and third (booster) was more then the second (thankfully I didn't need the ER visits). So I believe I made lots more antibodies after a booster.
My experience was similar to yours (with the exception of the booster which I haven't gotten yet but plan to when available). I also had symptoms with the first dose of Moderna. Mostly a sore arm, swollen glands and lack of energy.
Second dose hit me pretty hard. Along with the above symptoms I woke up during the night with a temp of 101.5 and all over body aches. Hopefully I built up some immunity.

One concern is that some people in the world are getting three vaccines, while many countries haven't received any. When you have a global pandemic, people everywhere need vaccines lest those who have been vaccinated face mutations that are resistant.

Having said that, if you have an opportunity to get a booster, yeah, go for it. Perhaps those of us with so much will be inspired to support the global efforts.

One concern is that some people in the world are getting three vaccines, while many countries haven't received any. When you have a global pandemic, people everywhere need vaccines lest those who have been vaccinated face mutations that are resistant.

Having said that, if you have an opportunity to get a booster, yeah, go for it. Perhaps those of us with so much will be inspired to support the global efforts.
Which why it makes sense for Moderna to half the booster dose (and it's still a bigger dose than Pfizer's).

My experience was similar to yours (with the exception of the booster which I haven't gotten yet but plan to when available). I also had symptoms with the first dose of Moderna. Mostly a sore arm, swollen glands and lack of energy.
Second dose hit me pretty hard. Along with the above symptoms I woke up during the night with a temp of 101.5 and all over body aches. Hopefully I built up some immunity.
Wait until you get the third! Like I said, mine third was worse than the second. I got the fever for two days, and a Moderna arm (no Moderna arm after either the first or the second dose, no fever at all after the first dose, and very low grade fever for one day after the second dose). Moderna arm is a large red area where injection was, and its hot to the touch. Thankfully my Moderna arm seems to be going away. Hopefully all that means that my antibodies are through the roof after the booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savagegrace13