Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #100

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very sad - and ridiculous - that some schools are turning into mini war zones.

Schools are supposed to be safe zones.

We already suffer a drastic amount of school shootings here.

So then these pea brains descend on schools to protest when all the faculty and students want is a pre-pandemic normal day learning environment.

What they get with these as#$% is a lockdown that causes fear that there is a school shooter in the vicinity.

Really makes me pissed off. This is why I posted the article.

Thought this was interesting: a tweet from Dr. Eric Topol about counting covid infection equivalent to one dose of vaccine:
[URL='https://twitter.com/EricTopol']Eric Topol
@EricTopol[/URL]

Based on a large body of data, I lobbied the CDC this week to count confirmed prior Covid as equivalent to 1-dose of vaccine, which would reduce waste, unnecessary side-effects, and provide the same access to activities as 2-doses, no Covid. I got nowhere.

Maybe they are thinking about it, though...

I posted the first article to this, here are follow up articles

Angry Men With Zip-Ties Ambush School Principal After COVID Masking Reques

Arizona principal threatened with zip ties after student told to quarantine

View attachment 311308
560c1a0c1b52b1710b45d137538989b3

3 men threatened to arrest the principal under a citizen's arrest :eek:
Note middle guy with scary looking law enforcement-grade zip ties

Tucson, AZ Police arrested a 40-year-old Arizona dad after he stormed into an elementary school principal’s office with a friend wielding plastic handcuffs, insisting the administration broke the law by asking his child and six others to wear a mask and quarantine after being in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.

“I can tell you the end result of that incident was we did make one arrest for trespassing,” Sgt. Richard Gradillas of the Tucson, Arizona, Police Department told The Daily Beast, identifying the dad arrested as Rishi Rambaran.

Two men accompanied Rambaran on Thursday as he ambushed Principal Diane Vargo.

The third man stood in the doorway of Vargo’s office with a fistful of “law enforcement-grade” zip ties at the ready—as the trio was prepared to make a citizen’s arrest.
Let’s hope he doesn’t decide to home school his child. Does he review homework so he can correct the teacher since he has a wonderful grasp of the law? Scary Dad.

Rishi Rambaran & Kelly Walker: Arizona Principal Zip Ties Case Video | Heavy.com

We already suffer a drastic amount of school shootings here.

So then these pea brains descend on schools to protest when all the faculty and students want is a pre-pandemic normal day learning environment.

What they get with these as#$% is a lockdown that causes fear that there is a school shooter in the vicinity.

Really makes me pissed off. This is why I posted the article.

I appreciate your linked articles. There is no point in burying our heads in the sand. We need to see what is happening with the children, and the environments they are facing.
(Yes, it is bad enough that they already have to practise drills to protect themselves against school shooters.)

If anyone believes that the children are not being affected by the political wrangling (about a little mask) that is going on in the children's 'safe' environment, they would be sadly mistaken. imo

Last edited:
Let’s hope he doesn’t decide to home school his child. Does he review homework so he can correct the teacher since he has a wonderful grasp of the law? Scary Dad.

Rishi Rambaran & Kelly Walker: Arizona Principal Zip Ties Case Video | Heavy.com

Zip ties = little support for them

I get the feeling with the men's heavy SM posts and streaming coupled with zip ties, that they were only trying to make a statement and get personal attention.

Note they never did make the citizens arrest. I do not think they had ever planned to do so. I think the whole thing was a set-up for attention.

Go on SM, wave zip ties around, get the media talking about you.

I hope it backfires spectacularly on them. That there is a very negative backlash against them. Something they didn't bargain for. HA!

My guess? Most people are very turned off by the zip tie threat on school property.

Last edited:
I appreciate your linked articles. There is no point in burying our heads in the sand. We need to see what is happening with the children, and the environments they are facing.
(Yes, it is bad enough that they already have to practise drills to protect themselves against school shooters.)

If anyone believes that the children are not being affected by the political wrangling (about a little mask) that is going on in the children's 'safe' environment, they would be sadly mistaken. imo

The children are being brought up in a totally different environment.

I believe when they reach adulthood they will be so turned off that they will run things differently. They will not want their own children going through the same things they endured.

I'm hopeful for our future generations.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-08-covid-herd-immunity.html
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-08-late-delta-variant-herd-immunity.html
AUGUST 16, 2021

COVID-19 herd immunity is not going to happen, so what next? It could be too late to stop the Delta variant, and to achieve herd immunity.

View attachment 311319
View attachment 311320

The evolution of the virus has been so rapid that the Delta variant, which is currently dominating the world, is at least twice as transmissible as the ancestral virus that was circulating.

What this means is that herd immunity is no longer a discussion the world should be having. We should start to avoid using that term in the context of SARS-CoV-2, because it's not going to materialize—or is unlikely to materialize—during our lifetimes.

When politicians and others speak about herd immunity, unfortunately, they are under the misconception that the current tools we've got are adequate to eliminate the virus. It's not what we have at hand right now.

Instead we should be talking about how to live with the virus. The tremendous success that's materialized with COVID-19 vaccines allows us to do this, without actually getting into the herd immunity threshold.

Peddling the concept of herd immunity creates a misconception that we are actually going to get to a stage where this virus is going to be eliminated. That's unlikely to happen. It will continue circulating.

There are a number of dangers in continuing to make people believe it's possible.

Well that's disappointing

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-08-covid-herd-immunity.html
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-08-late-delta-variant-herd-immunity.html
AUGUST 16, 2021

COVID-19 herd immunity is not going to happen, so what next? It could be too late to stop the Delta variant, and to achieve herd immunity.

View attachment 311319
View attachment 311320

The evolution of the virus has been so rapid that the Delta variant, which is currently dominating the world, is at least twice as transmissible as the ancestral virus that was circulating.

What this means is that herd immunity is no longer a discussion the world should be having. We should start to avoid using that term in the context of SARS-CoV-2, because it's not going to materialize—or is unlikely to materialize—during our lifetimes.

When politicians and others speak about herd immunity, unfortunately, they are under the misconception that the current tools we've got are adequate to eliminate the virus. It's not what we have at hand right now.

Instead we should be talking about how to live with the virus. The tremendous success that's materialized with COVID-19 vaccines allows us to do this, without actually getting into the herd immunity threshold.

Peddling the concept of herd immunity creates a misconception that we are actually going to get to a stage where this virus is going to be eliminated. That's unlikely to happen. It will continue circulating.

There are a number of dangers in continuing to make people believe it's possible.

Yes, I think we have spoken about this before. There will still be deaths among the elderly/immunocompromised - as there is with the flu - but many will get annual covid/flu shots to try to protect ourselves against each annual strain.

“The 1918 flu definitely lost its real virulence by the early 1920s,” says Taubenberger.
But what’s truly incredible, according to genetic analyses, is that the same novel strain of flu first introduced in 1918 appears to be the direct ancestor of every seasonal and pandemic flu we’ve had over the past century.
Why the 1918 Flu Pandemic Never Really Ended

Australian Novavax trial participants remain unrecognised by vaccine register

Australians who participated in clinical trials of the Novavax Covid vaccine are being told their vaccinations cannot currently be recognised on Australia’s immunisation register.

Hundreds of Australians took part in clinical trials for the Novavax jab last year, hoping to help the world chart a way out of the pandemic.

But the participants have since faced significant uncertainty over their vaccination status, unsure whether their doses would be recognised by Australia.

Well that's disappointing

I was hoping this is all wrong.

Yes, I think we have spoken about this before. There will still be deaths among the elderly/immunocompromised - as there is with the flu - but many will get annual covid/flu shots to try to protect ourselves against each annual strain.

“The 1918 flu definitely lost its real virulence by the early 1920s,” says Taubenberger.
But what’s truly incredible, according to genetic analyses, is that the same novel strain of flu first introduced in 1918 appears to be the direct ancestor of every seasonal and pandemic flu we’ve had over the past century.
Why the 1918 Flu Pandemic Never Really Ended

Scary that Covid is worse than the flu.

I'm talking over a lifetime. Like many of us have had the flu many times and been hot diggity dog just fine after a few days.

But over a lifetime of catching Covid seems it would be worse?

COVID cases in US are four times higher than last Labor Day | Daily Mail Online

Read this and weep: US now has more than four times as many cases of Covid and twice as many in hospital as this time last year with deaths up 80%- this is despite 62% of the population with at least one shot - amid Delta surge and now MU IS IN LA AND Florida. There is the concern that MU can evade the vaccine.

So why do you all think this is happening? I will tell you why- though I am sure we all know why-- it is because people are living life like there is no pandemic. People are now doing everything they did before the pandemic- no masks, no social distancing. It blows my mind-- we should be shocked but if you are looking around and see people attending all sporting events, concerts, etc. than you know we are in very deep trouble. As an elderly person, even with vaccines, I believe I am going to have to live in a bubble, unless I want to risk dying. By a bubble I mean doing what I am doing now- going to the grocery store (masked), doctor appointments, perhaps to a few other stores, no dining in anywhere, just takeout. At least last year people were a little more amenable to masking up and taking a few precautions. As a society we have thrown precaution to the wind.

Parent calls cops after maskless students pulled from NY school

September 3, 2021 9:23pm
islip-middle-school-masks-566.jpg

Six students who refused to wear masks were sent to the gym at Islip Middle School in Long Island. The New York State Department of Health announced last week that all public and private school students and faculty members would be required to wear masks indoors.

A Long Island parent called the cops after their child and five other middle school students were pulled out of class for not wearing masks, police said Friday.

The six students at Islip Middle School were moved to the gym by a security guard Thursday over their non-compliance with the mask rule, according to Suffolk County Police.

A police spokesperson told The Post officers “took a report” — but that the situation was “not really a police issue.”

Islip Superintendent Dennis O’Hara has said that students who refuse to wear a mask will face consequences.

“As discussed with our community previously, any district student who does not adhere to the mask mandate will be brought to an alternative location where students are advised to either put on a mask or wait for their parent/guardian to pick them up,” O’Hara told ABC7.

Parent calls cops after maskless students pulled from NY school

September 3, 2021 9:23pm
islip-middle-school-masks-566.jpg

Six students who refused to wear masks were sent to the gym at Islip Middle School in Long Island. The New York State Department of Health announced last week that all public and private school students and faculty members would be required to wear masks indoors.

A Long Island parent called the cops after their child and five other middle school students were pulled out of class for not wearing masks, police said Friday.

The six students at Islip Middle School were moved to the gym by a security guard Thursday over their non-compliance with the mask rule, according to Suffolk County Police.

A police spokesperson told The Post officers “took a report” — but that the situation was “not really a police issue.”

Islip Superintendent Dennis O’Hara has said that students who refuse to wear a mask will face consequences.

“As discussed with our community previously, any district student who does not adhere to the mask mandate will be brought to an alternative location where students are advised to either put on a mask or wait for their parent/guardian to pick them up,” O’Hara told ABC7.

tongue-in-cheek
upload_2021-9-4_21-55-23.png
So, which would make this parent madder?

1.) School sends child home for refusing to wear mask, parent doesn't agree and calls cops and files a police report.

2.) Child is happy to wear a mask (provided by school) and goes back to class all gung ho.

Hummm...

tongue-in-cheek
View attachment 311377

So, which would make this parent madder?

1.) School sends child home for refusing to wear mask, parent doesn't agree and calls cops and files a police report.

2.) Child is happy to wear a mask (provided by school) and goes back to class all gung ho.
3) Forgot zip ties and got less likes on SM?

Geez these parents.....

3) Forgot zip ties and got less likes on SM?

Geez these parents.....

Color me wrong. There is always the crowd who "digs" zip ties and threats. Guess that will never change.

Color me right. There is always the crowd who is especially disgusted with people who brandish zip ties and make threats. Guess that will never change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member