Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #100

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on the news last night that approximately 1 million people in the U.S. have already had a booster shot of Pfizer. And this is before approval for the booster to the general population. I think they will have to approve Moderna soon, people will demand it. Seems they just have to settle on the dosage issue before rolling it out.

I will have to take the Moderna jab and I don't like what is turning out to be a delay in getting that third shot. Given the situation with Delta, I don't think the FDA should be dragging its feet. I don't think I want to mix and match the vax, so I will wait for Moderna.

I posted the first article to this, here are follow up articles

Angry Men With Zip-Ties Ambush School Principal After COVID Masking Reques

Arizona principal threatened with zip ties after student told to quarantine

View attachment 311308
560c1a0c1b52b1710b45d137538989b3

3 men threatened to arrest the principal under a citizen's arrest :eek:
Note middle guy with scary looking law enforcement-grade zip ties

Tucson, AZ Police arrested a 40-year-old Arizona dad after he stormed into an elementary school principal’s office with a friend wielding plastic handcuffs, insisting the administration broke the law by asking his child and six others to wear a mask and quarantine after being in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.

“I can tell you the end result of that incident was we did make one arrest for trespassing,” Sgt. Richard Gradillas of the Tucson, Arizona, Police Department told The Daily Beast, identifying the dad arrested as Rishi Rambaran.

Two men accompanied Rambaran on Thursday as he ambushed Principal Diane Vargo.

The third man stood in the doorway of Vargo’s office with a fistful of “law enforcement-grade” zip ties at the ready—as the trio was prepared to make a citizen’s arrest.

only one arrest?

Zip ties = little support for them

I get the feeling with the men's heavy SM posts and streaming coupled with zip ties, that they were only trying to make a statement and get personal attention.

Note they never did make the citizens arrest. I do not think they had ever planned to do so. I think the whole thing was a set-up for attention.

Go on SM, wave zip ties around, get the media talking about you.

I hope it backfires spectacularly on them. That there is a very negative backlash against them. Something they didn't bargain for. HA!

My guess? Most people are very turned off by the zip tie threat on school property.

This thing happened near where I live, Vail is a suburb of Tucson. And the guy doing the video owns a coffee shop that continually fought the lockdown and mask mandates. And by the way he homeschools his poor kids, he just likes stirring the pot for attention because some people are just made that way. Vail is a more conservative area than Tucson, they are the only district in the area without a mask mandate (which has to be done in defiance of our idiot governor AND the idiot legislature). The world has just gone upside down crazy, its maddening and sad all at the same time.

I will have to take the Moderna jab and I don't like what is turning out to be a delay in getting that third shot. Given the situation with Delta, I don't think the FDA should be dragging its feet. I don't think I want to mix and match the vax, so I will wait for Moderna.

I'm waiting to get another J&J shot, but for some odd reason, J&J doesn't make the news as much. I've seen a few encouraging articles, but then no follow up. The clinics won't give another one right now--or give a different vaccine as a booster until they get advice from the CDC.

But, my thoughts are that we've already vaccinated the majority who want to be vaccinated, so it seems as though we should have enough for boosters now. If we have to wait eight months, however, I'll have to wait until early December.

only one arrest?

No one can agree on anything. I can't remember where I read it now, but I read that we could have another pandemic within 10 years so we really need to get our ducks in a row and lay down a solid plan.

People are fighting vaccine mandates--even the firefighters and state troopers in Oregon are suing the Governor over the issue.

I can't imagine going through all this wrangling and meanness again, but if we don't have solid rules and regulations, we probably will.

What's the timeframe for the 3rd Moderna? I just had my 2nd one last week, so should I be good for next 6 months?

What's the timeframe for the 3rd Moderna? I just had my 2nd one last week, so should I be good for next 6 months?

You will be good for at least 6 months---by then we should have more
information as to when effectiveness of the vaccine wanes--right now
it seems they are thinking around six months--'

'Really reassuring': Israeli study on COVID-19 vaccine finds low risk of reaction among those with history of allergies.
MONTREAL -- About 98 per cent of people with a history of multiple allergies suffered no allergic reactions after receiving a Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, according to a study conducted in Israel and published recently online in JAMA Network Open.

Of the approximately 2 per cent who did react, none required hospitalization, and symptoms cleared up with medication within a few hours.

“That's really reassuring,” said Dr. Donald Vinh, an immunologist at the MUHC, who explained the study is important because it replicates previous but smaller studies with similar results.

Florida doctor will no longer treat unvaccinated in person, denies violating Hippocratic Oath
upload_2021-9-5_17-37-53.png
Dr. Linda Marraccini

Dr. Linda Marraccini, who is based in South Miami, told Newsweek "The Hippocratic Oath is very science-based, I am following the science, thereby not violating the Hippocratic Oath. I'm applying this to the benefit of the sick."

"It's not fair for people who are unvaccinated to harm other people," Marraccini said. She explained she has other patients who are immunocompromised or in chemotherapy and are therefore at higher risk of being infected with the virus.

The policy goes into effect on September 15, and Marraccini will still treat unvaccinated patients through virtual meetings.

She said she would make exceptions if patients cannot get the vaccine due to hardships or if they needed prescriptions. Her office administers the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. "We're not going to leave them out there in the cold," she said. The response has been "99.9 percent favorable."

Marraccini said that people need to be informed about the vaccine and examine their role in the pandemic, which "did not have to go on this long."

Last edited:
Florida doctor will no longer treat unvaccinated in person, denies violating Hippocratic Oath
View attachment 311495
Dr. Linda Marraccini

Dr. Linda Marraccini, who is based in South Miami, told Newsweek "The Hippocratic Oath is very science-based, I am following the science, thereby not violating the Hippocratic Oath. I'm applying this to the benefit of the sick."

"It's not fair for people who are unvaccinated to harm other people," Marraccini said. She explained she has other patients who are immunocompromised or in chemotherapy and are therefore at higher risk of being infected with the virus.

The policy goes into effect on September 15, and Marraccini will still treat unvaccinated patients through virtual meetings.

She said she would make exceptions if patients cannot get the vaccine due to hardships or if they needed prescriptions. Her office administers the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. "We're not going to leave them out there in the cold," she said. The response has been "99.9 percent favorable."

Marraccini said that people need to be informed about the vaccine and examine their role in the pandemic, which "did not have to go on this long."

Good for her- I respect her stance but I worry she will be a target of loonies

U.S. Hospital-borne Infections Spiked in 2020

Interesting article that describes US Hospital borne infections spike in 2020 due to the over-burdening of hospital with Covid patients. Hospital borne infections include:

Central line associated bloodstream infections
Catheter associated urinary tract infections
Ventilator associated events
Infections during colon surgery and abdominal hysterectomy
Clostridium Dificile infections
Methicillin resistant staph aureus

The number of Covid patients who are so ill have put tremendous burden on our hospital systems. I have to say it is really frightening to read about this- I have not seen any articles about this very serious situation.

Good for her- I respect her stance but I worry she will be a target of loonies

Yup! Now that her stance has gone into the media "lion's den" she unfortunately could become an online target. Some people might give her medical practice bad reviews and target her on social media.

I wonder if any of those types of negative reactions happened to this doctor?

An Alabama doctor is reportedly refusing to treat unvaccinated patients, tells them to get COVID shot because he 'can't watch them die'

238360382_10219403005566546_7129887811278377896_n.jpg

Dr. Jason Valentine, an Alabama doctor, is cutting off patients who refuse to get the COVID-19 vaccine in an attempt to convince more people to get the shot.

If patients still refuse to get the vaccine, Valentine said in a letter to his patients, they should seek care elsewhere. According to AL.com, he posted a copy of the letter online.

"We do not yet have any great treatments for severe disease, but we do have great prevention with vaccines. Unfortunately, many have declined to take the vaccine, and some end up severely ill or dead," Valentine said in the letter. "I cannot and will not force anyone to take the vaccine, but I also cannot continue to watch my patients suffer and die from an eminently preventable disease."

"Therefore, as of October 1st, 2021, I will no longer see patients that have not been vaccinated against COVID-19. If you wish to keep me as your physician, documentation of your vaccination will suffice. If you wish to choose another physician, we will be happy to transfer your records," he concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member