DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I think these 2 articles give some insight

L.A. firefighters, police officers dig in heels over vaccination mandate

This is not a vaccine versus non-vaccine issue, this is not a left verse right political issue. This is a human rights issue.

Firefighters 4 Freedom, a group of Los Angeles city firefighters, was launched recently “to stop the mandated vaccinations for all city employees as well as the citizens of this great country,” according to its website. “We want to bring education and truth to the people without being censored.”

Firefighter John Knox, one of the group’s leaders, appeared on a nationally syndicated radio show and compared vaccination requirements for entering businesses to rules imposed in Nazi Germany, warning that freedoms are at stake.

Kevin McBride, an attorney representing Firefighters 4 Freedom, said he plans to file a lawsuit on behalf of the group against the city and county over the vaccination mandates. He said Firefighters 4 Freedom has about 350 members.

“They want a right to choose what goes into their own body,”

McBride told The Times he was giving his opinion. He said he has had COVID-19. “I trust my body’s immune system. That’s my plan. My strategy is for not everyone,” he said.

About — Firefighters 4 Freedom

We are a dedicated group of Professional Firefighters who believe in Liberty, Free Choice and our Great Country as well as the freedoms it provides. Our goal is to stop the mandated vaccinations for all City employees as well as the citizens of this great country. We want to bring education and truth to the people without being censored. Please stand with us in this monumental fight to preserve our Liberties.

Our Mission
As Stakeholders for the LAFD, (Los Angeles City Fire Department), our mission is to maintain human rights, constitutional rights, civil rights, and civil liberties as sovereign natural free human beings, and American citizens.

We believe in the right to work, freewill, personal choice, medical freedoms, and consent without coercion, retaliation, threats, disciplinary action, or termination.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is not a vaccine versus non-vaccine issue, this is not a left verse right political issue. This is a human rights issue.

Firefighters 4 Freedom, a group of Los Angeles city firefighters, was launched recently “to stop the mandated vaccinations for all city employees as well as the citizens of this great country,” according to its website. “We want to bring education and truth to the people without being censored.”

Firefighter John Knox, one of the group’s leaders, appeared on a nationally syndicated radio show and compared vaccination requirements for entering businesses to rules imposed in Nazi Germany, warning that freedoms are at stake.

Kevin McBride, an attorney representing Firefighters 4 Freedom, said he plans to file a lawsuit on behalf of the group against the city and county over the vaccination mandates. He said Firefighters 4 Freedom has about 350 members.

McBride told The Times he was giving his opinion. He said he has had COVID-19. “I trust my body’s immune system. That’s my plan. My strategy is for not everyone,” he said.

We are a dedicated group of Professional Firefighters who believe in Liberty, Free Choice and our Great Country as well as the freedoms it provides. Our goal is to stop the mandated vaccinations for all City employees as well as the citizens of this great country. We want to bring education and truth to the people without being censored. Please stand with us in this monumental fight to preserve our Liberties.

Our Mission
As Stakeholders for the LAFD, (Los Angeles City Fire Department), our mission is to maintain human rights, constitutional rights, civil rights, and civil liberties as sovereign natural free human beings, and American citizens.

We believe in the right to work, freewill, personal choice, medical freedoms, and consent without coercion, retaliation, threats, disciplinary action, or termination.

Really what can you say to these people: we are talking about a freaking health crisis that involves all people getting vaccinated to eradicate a pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of people: this is not a civil rights issue and freedom is not the issue--- I will never understand this type of thought process.

Really what can you say to these people: we are talking about a freaking health crisis that involves all people getting vaccinated to eradicate a pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of people: this is not a civil rights issue and freedom is not the issue--- I will never understand this type of thought process.

INMO, what this really is, is a labor/employment issue. Unions have a place of "drawing a line" for what employers can demand from employees.

If an employer can "force" an employee to have a vaccine, what is next? It is a slippery slope on rights of employees. If an employee doesn't want a vaccine, that means that they can be terminated? Where does it stop?

I agree, it is a shot, get it, move on. But, for some people, that is not the issue.

Something is missing.

Oh yah.....

The science!

No vaccine =

Much higher percentage risk of my lungs getting ravaged so I can barely walk and I'm coughing and wheezing and begging for oxygen.

Getting vaccine =

Much higher percentage risk of my lungs staying healthy so I can walk as far as I want without coughing and wheezing and begging for oxygen.

Hummm ..... Choices Choices .... Is breathing important to them?

Last edited:
“Firefighter John Knox, one of the group’s leaders, appeared on a nationally syndicated radio show and compared vaccination requirements for entering businesses to rules imposed in Nazi Germany, warning that freedoms are at stake.

“I basically stated in the union meeting that I will not submit to this. I will come to work every day, as long as I’m healthy,” Knox said on “The Kate Dalley Show.” “I will not wear a mask. I’m not going to test. And I will not get a shot.”

Okay, don’t get the shot. But you’re not going to test or mask either?

Has anyone watched “The Kate Dalley Show”?

She cured her husband of pneumonia with ivermectin and cbd oil. Big believer that Covid is a hoax. I can’t handle listening to her more than a few minutes.

JMO

INMO, what this really is, is a labor/employment issue. Unions have a place of "drawing a line" for what employers can demand from employees.

If an employer can "force" an employee to have a vaccine, what is next? It is a slippery slope on rights of employees. If an employee doesn't want a vaccine, that means that they can be terminated? Where does it stop?

I agree, it is a shot, get it, move on. But, for some people, that is not the issue.
If a cop dies from covid, it's considered "in the line of duty" with all the benefits pay offs to survivors. So it's costing tax payers a lot of money to allow cops to die because they don't want to get a little jab. I mean, they are dropping like flies in Florida, and those deaths are considered "in the line of duty."
Now, imagine a cop killer was running around, killing several cops a week, and cops refused to do anything about it-even though they could.
Covid is a cop killer, but many cops are still refusing to get vaccinated.

Last edited:
“Firefighter John Knox, one of the group’s leaders, appeared on a nationally syndicated radio show and compared vaccination requirements for entering businesses to rules imposed in Nazi Germany, warning that freedoms are at stake.

“I basically stated in the union meeting that I will not submit to this. I will come to work every day, as long as I’m healthy,” Knox said on “The Kate Dalley Show.” “I will not wear a mask. I’m not going to test. And I will not get a shot.”

Okay, don’t get the shot. But you’re not going to test or mask either?

Has anyone watched “The Kate Dalley Show”?

She cured her husband of pneumonia with ivermectin and cbd oil. Big believer that Covid is a hoax. I can’t handle listening to her more than a few minutes.

JMO

A few minutes would be too long for me LOL

Florida doctor will no longer treat unvaccinated in person, denies violating Hippocratic Oath
View attachment 311495
Dr. Linda Marraccini

Dr. Linda Marraccini, who is based in South Miami, told Newsweek "The Hippocratic Oath is very science-based, I am following the science, thereby not violating the Hippocratic Oath. I'm applying this to the benefit of the sick."

"It's not fair for people who are unvaccinated to harm other people," Marraccini said. She explained she has other patients who are immunocompromised or in chemotherapy and are therefore at higher risk of being infected with the virus.

The policy goes into effect on September 15, and Marraccini will still treat unvaccinated patients through virtual meetings.

She said she would make exceptions if patients cannot get the vaccine due to hardships or if they needed prescriptions. Her office administers the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. "We're not going to leave them out there in the cold," she said. The response has been "99.9 percent favorable."

Marraccini said that people need to be informed about the vaccine and examine their role in the pandemic, which "did not have to go on this long."

I wonder what other diseases she refused to treat, if she is going to be consistent. HIV? Other?

I wonder what other diseases she refused to treat, if she is going to be consistent. HIV? Other?

As I read the whole article, seems that she will treat unvaccinated people virtually. So that's better. But even vaccinated people can spread COVID, so she perhaps should stick to virtual appointments for all her patients, those that stick with her, that is.

U.S. Hospital-borne Infections Spiked in 2020

Interesting article that describes US Hospital borne infections spike in 2020 due to the over-burdening of hospital with Covid patients. Hospital borne infections include:

Central line associated bloodstream infections
Catheter associated urinary tract infections
Ventilator associated events
Infections during colon surgery and abdominal hysterectomy
Clostridium Dificile infections
Methicillin resistant staph aureus

The number of Covid patients who are so ill have put tremendous burden on our hospital systems. I have to say it is really frightening to read about this- I have not seen any articles about this very serious situation.
My dad died in early 2021 from a hospital borne infection. A simple outpatient procedure cost him is life. Although this article refers to 2020, I can only imagine it was much the same in early 2021.

I’m sure you guys saw this last week:

Veteran unable to get treatment due to hospital’s COVID-19 crowding dies from gallstones

“A decorated Army veteran died from gallstones in Houston because he couldn’t get an ICU bed amid the flood of COVID cases devastating the Lone Star State.

“He loved his country, he served two deployments over in Afghanistan came home with a Purple Heart, and it was a gallstone that took him out,” the fallen soldier’s mom told CBS News

COVID's impact on those who don't have virus: Veteran dies at Houston hospital while waiting for treatment | khou.com

And this:
Arizona father held after threat to zip-tie school principal over Covid rules

“The father of an Arizona elementary school student was arrested after he and two other men showed up to the campus with zip-tie handcuffs, threatening a “citizen’s arrest” of the school principal over a Covid-19 quarantine, officials said on Friday.”

It is actually an occ health & safety issue. imo

Employers have the right (and obligation) to protect their employees in occ health & safety matters.
In this instance, to try to provide them with a covid free working environment.

I really don't see it being a slippery slope when it is occ health & safety related.

EG:
Employers have a duty to provide and maintain, so far as is reasonably practicable, a working environment that is safe and without risks to the health of employees. This includes preventing risks to health (including psychological health) and safety associated with potential exposure to COVID-19.

Employees have a duty to take reasonable care of their own and others health and safety in the workplace and cooperate with their employers about any action they take to comply with the OHS Act or Regulations.
Prevention and management of exposure to coronavirus (COVID-19) in the healthcare and social assistance industry - WorkSafe

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Our Mission

I am just waiting for the day when the charges will start. Charges against people who walk around with covid, potentially infecting other people.

We charge people who potentially infect others with HIV. I don't see covid being any different.

Man arrested, accused of knowingly spreading HIV to two people
Man charged with knowingly spreading HIV
Florida man accused of knowingly transmitting HIV to partner

As I read the whole article, seems that she will treat unvaccinated people virtually. So that's better. But even vaccinated people can spread COVID, so she perhaps should stick to virtual appointments for all her patients, those that stick with her, that is.

I was just about to make a similar comment. Person A who is vaccinated, can still catch and spread the virus exactly the same as Person B who is unvaccinated. Person A's viral load is the same as Person B's. Doesn't make sense to me.

Comparing three Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer, Moderna, J&J

What is interesting in this article is the following:

Each dose of Pfizer's contains 30 micrograms of vaccine. MODERNA WENT WITH A MUCH LARGER DOSE OF VACCINE, 100 MICROGRAMS. It means the company is using a little more than three times as much vaccine per person as Pfizer is, and yet, they aren't getting any better results. The government's vaccine development program, formerly called Operation Warp Speed, has asked Moderna to test if it could lower the dosage of its vaccine without eroding the vaccine's protection.

I find this very interesting that leads to questions: Did they lower the dose, if so, when? this article was written in Feb 2021. If in fact those who got the Moderna jab, got more vaccine than Pfizer, is that why there is an issue of dosage regarding the third shot? Lastly, is Moderna getting better results with this larger dose ( as in are there less breakthrough infections with Moderna than Pfizer?)

Moderna went with a 100 microgram dose and everybody who got it so far got the 100 microgram. For booster, Moderna is asking FDA to approve 50 microgram dose (apparently FDA demands to see data for a 100 microgram dose, and that is going to cause the approval delay). Moderna appears to be getting better results than Pfizer, in that its vaccine appears to be waning less and some studies indicate Moderna leads to less breakthrough infections than Pfizer.

"People fully vaccinated with the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine appear to have a lower risk of a "breakthrough" infection caused by the Delta variant than those who received the Pfizer vaccine, a new, preliminary report suggests."

Recommended Videos
Moderna Vaccine May Shield More Against Breakthrough Infections Than Pfizer: Study | Health News | US News

Moderna went with a 100 microgram dose and everybody who got it so far got the 100 microgram. For booster, Moderna is asking FDA to approve 50 microgram dose (apparently FDA demands to see data for a 100 microgram dose, and that is going to cause the approval delay). Moderna appears to be getting better results than Pfizer, in that its vaccine appears to be waning less and some studies indicate Moderna leads to less breakthrough infections than Pfizer.

"People fully vaccinated with the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine appear to have a lower risk of a "breakthrough" infection caused by the Delta variant than those who received the Pfizer vaccine, a new, preliminary report suggests."

Recommended Videos
Moderna Vaccine May Shield More Against Breakthrough Infections Than Pfizer: Study | Health News | US News

It would certainly make sense that a larger dose would confer a higher degree of protection----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm