Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As another pandemic Thanksgiving nears, families navigate plans with unvaccinated relatives

“But many others have made a point of frequently reassessing their comfort level in crowds and directly informing unvaccinated friends and relatives about their boundaries and expectations ahead of holiday gatherings. It’s one thing, they say, to mute past tensions for a few hours and hope that the conversation doesn’t veer into fights about money, politics or religion, but quite another to sit back and accept the possibility of a health risk.”

“In a recent discussion on Twitter about banning unvaccinated relatives from holiday gatherings, several people declared themselves staunchly “no vax, no snax,” and another person shared a link to a doormat on Amazon that reads, “Welc— WAIT, HAVE YOU BEEN VACCINATED?”

NE
Conn. COVID-19 Rate is Rising Faster Than Other States
More at link
Connecticut is experiencing a more rapid increase in COVID-19 cases than any other state, according to the most recent statistics.

The state has averaged 738 daily cases over the last week, which represents a 116% increase over two weeks earlier, the Hartford Courant reported. That’s higher than any other state for the same period.

Four of the five states with the highest recent increase in virus cases are in New England, the newspaper reported.

So...my county in Arizona opened up boosters to everyone last week and I got mine last Wednesday (Moderna to go with my first two as well). That night I got the chills so bad it sent my heart into a never ending PVC and new for me PAC loop. Ambulance ride to the packed hospital where I was seen immediately, which has never happened. A day at the hospital, a new drug that supposedly helps these new PACS and back home. That was Thursday. New drug is only meh at preventing these new PACS and my cardiologist is not answering me back. Grrr. Now today I am achy all over, killer headache and sooo tired. Will get covid test tomorrow. I have been doing everything in my power to keep covid at bay, my grocery runs are only every couple weeks and double masked, I go nowhere and now I get after vax complications? Grrrr.

Lockdowns are driving citizens mad, and destroying businesses and livelihoods.
Open borders which do not require immigrants to test to see what illnesses they
have, including Covid, are making the good people who've been sacrificing by adhering to their leader's rules, crazy.
I get it.
in my State, of California they are flying and bussing in untested immigrants by the thousands.
We have ALL suffered so much these last nearly 2 years.
Hubby went to store in Carlsbad, California today. Carlsbad is a huge shopping mecca by the sea here in San Diego.
He was astounded and shocked that 70% of the center was empty and boarded up.
This virus and the domino effects are not done with us yet.
My troubled opinion.
WOW!

AUSTRIA: Protesters carrying a banner reading 'Control the border. Not your people' at the anti-lockdown demonstration held by the far-right Freedom Party in Vienna today
THE NETHERLANDS: A scooter set on fire during a protest against the 2G policy in Coolsingel, Rotterdam, Netherlands, 19 November 2021. Hundreds of demonstrators have gathered to protest against the tightened coronavirus measures
ITALY: Demonstrators listen to speakers and show their mobile phones during a protest against restrictions for the unvaccinated, at Rome Circus Maximus, Saturday, Nov. 20, 2021
DENMARK: A man waves the national flag of Denmark in front of the Danish Parliament in Copenhagen as more than a thousand people gathered to protest the reintroduction of the national health pass
NORTHERN IRELAND: Demonstrators take part in a protest against Covid certification in Belfast city centre. PA Photo. Picture date: Saturday November 20, 2021
CROATIA: Demonstrators march in the centre of Zagreb to protest against Covid-19 measures such as obligatory certificates for public sector on November 20, 2021
SWITZERLAND: Demonstrators protest against a planned coronavirus disease (COVID-19) law of the Swiss government, in Zurich, Switzerland November 20, 2021
NORTH MACEDONIA: People protest through downtown Skopje, North Macedonia, on Saturday, November 20, 2021
View attachment 323332
View attachment 323324View attachment 323326View attachment 323327View attachment 323328View attachment 323329View attachment 323330
50753133-10224081-image-a-136_1637438052877.jpg
View attachment 323331

50744097-10224081-AUSTRIA_Demonstrators_climb_on_a_fence_in_central_Vienna_Austria-a-112_1637436486310.jpg

AUSTRIA: Demonstrators climb on a fence in central Vienna, Austria, to gain a better vantage point over protests over new restrictions today
50745289-10224081-AUSTRIA_Police_officers_detain_a_man_during_a_demonstration_on_V-a-5_1637452054634.jpg

AUSTRIA: Police officers detain a man during a demonstration on Vienna's Heldenplatz in which thousands of protesters gathered on the massive square. They used loudspeakers to tell protesters masks were required, but most did not wear them

Cases to me are one thing. Deaths are another. With so many vaccinated now, are cases the biggest worry?

NE
Conn. COVID-19 Rate is Rising Faster Than Other States
More at link
Connecticut is experiencing a more rapid increase in COVID-19 cases than any other state, according to the most recent statistics.

The state has averaged 738 daily cases over the last week, which represents a 116% increase over two weeks earlier, the Hartford Courant reported. That’s higher than any other state for the same period.

Four of the five states with the highest recent increase in virus cases are in New England, the newspaper reported.

Regarding booster shots. I've learned that the websites keep telling me, no appointments available. But then my husband tells me, walk into CVS, no lines, they'll give you a shot immediately.
So, maybe they can't hire people to keep up the website? Wouldn't surprise me.

Things are getting scary in the northeast, US. I live in upstate NY and the COVID cases are rising. And it isn’t easy finding an available time slot for a booster.

Gosh. Sorry. Keep us updated when you can.
So...my county in Arizona opened up boosters to everyone last week and I got mine last Wednesday (Moderna to go with my first two as well). That night I got the chills so bad it sent my heart into a never ending PVC and new for me PAC loop. Ambulance ride to the packed hospital where I was seen immediately, which has never happened. A day at the hospital, a new drug that supposedly helps these new PACS and back home. That was Thursday. New drug is only meh at preventing these new PACS and my cardiologist is not answering me back. Grrr. Now today I am achy all over, killer headache and sooo tired. Will get covid test tomorrow. I have been doing everything in my power to keep covid at bay, my grocery runs are only every couple weeks and double masked, I go nowhere and now I get after vax complications? Grrrr.

I guess hospital admissions and vaccination levels (and obviously resulting deaths) are the biggest worry. Don't know if this article is readable outside the UK -> Covid patients in ICU now almost all unvaccinated, says Oxford scientist

I think that looking at the graphs of infections vs deaths for the UK, from last year to this, illustrates the success of vaccines. The UK is also doing more testing, compared to most countries (source: Worldometers).
COVID Live Update: 258,591,107 Cases and 5,178,605 Deaths from the Coronavirus - Worldometer

Screenshot_20211119-175524.png Screenshot_20211119-175547.png

I think that looking at the graphs of infections vs deaths for the UK, from last year to this, illustrates the success of vaccines. The UK is also doing more testing, compared to most countries (source: Worldometers).
COVID Live Update: 258,591,107 Cases and 5,178,605 Deaths from the Coronavirus - Worldometer

View attachment 323602 View attachment 323603

Yes, it also shows our infection rate is still pretty high, not that much below the likes of Germany and Austria really. One difference in the UK is we lifted restrictions sooner than some countries, while it was still the summer school holidays and while people were spending more time outdoors. It's a bit early to know but I think some are thinking/hoping that we have already had our 4th wave ahead of Europe.

Time will tell. Personally I think we should have kept some rules in place - at least compulsory masks on public transport and in supermarkets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum