Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We both agreed that the injection was brutal and are glad that it is behind us. No regrets about being protected against the even more brutal Covid.

My first Moderna was just the sore arm and I'm accustomed to it from annual flu shots. My second was the sore arm and about a day of fever and chills. My Moderna booster--sore arm, mild headache for a day and a half.

BUT, as I am 64 and (wretchedly) a heavy cigarette smoker with COPD, I was mentally prepared to feel much sicker and I wouldn't have cared. Truly. I know 4 or 5 people in my age group who died from Covid, most before there were vaccines. People I've known since we were young parents. And others whom I knew tangentially--one was only 48.

One friend died on April 8, 2020, which was one of the very worst days in NYC for Covid deaths. She died on a stretcher in the hospital because the hospital was overwhelmed, all alone because her husband was not allowed to accompany her in those terrible days.

Even if I had had much worse symptoms, as some of you had and as some others of my family and friends had, all of it is SO MUCH BETTER than being ACTUALLY sick. I'm so glad that those of you who felt horrible were able to maintain that recognition despite your suffering!

I'm thinking of my especially longtime friend who died alone---the last thing she ever saw was a frantic hospital corridor before a Covid related blood clot took her. Another friend of mine didn't die until August 2020 when Covid had seemed to be disminishing here, Cuomo on TV encouraging us that things were getting better, showing us how we were coming down "the mountain," but of course there was no vaccine yet. The last thing she ever saw was a ventilator being placed on her face. She had told the doctors (who later told her husband) that she was relieved to be placed on a ventilator since she could not breathe. She thought she would recover.

If anyone here is hesitant about vaccines I can only say IMO it's so much better to feel really sick, but to NOT actually BE sick, and to be able to live and tell your story.

I don't remember getting my smallpox vaccine but I have that lovely round scar on my upper arm. I do remember, when I was very young, drinking some pink concoction which was the polio vaccine. I'm eternally grateful to my parents who plunged ahead with what was at the time new vaccine technology and made sure my sister and I would be safe from those diseases.

Health to all my fellow WSers.

This is totally shocking to me- cannot believe it-- in fact I just don't understand it
I wonder if it's because of the Delta variant spreading more quickly than the original strain. Still, it seems like we'd be in a better place with the vaccine. But more contagious strain + lagging vaccinations, just not a good situation. :(

I am not sure what to think any longer. And the "mask" situation is so strange.

Work, we are mandated to wear a mask at all times at work. With clients, they have to wear a mask, and I am masked for all appointments.

Then, when clients leave, we take off our masks to do work, but have it around our neck...it is strange. Literally, you can be written up for not wearing a mask. So, people are running around the office, with a mask, but not wearing it.

Last week we had someone in our office from another area, he wore his mask, very seriously. All of the time, so we all wore our masks 100% of the time, then, he left, and we went back to our "norm", whatever that is...the whole thing is so strange and confusing.

I think that this is probably due to fewer restrictions, less masking, more people mixing together, the Delta variant causing more infections, and some people acting like the pandemic is over. JMO

As I think about it, that is probably true, but still, to think there are more deaths this year than last is mind-blowing--- It is true that people are acting like there is no pandemic- going to crowded events, dining in restaurants, going to bars, loaded with people------

I think that this is probably due to fewer restrictions, less masking, more people mixing together, the Delta variant causing more infections, and some people acting like the pandemic is over. JMO

It is amazing to me how so many people are living their lives like there is no pandemic and the holidays are going to cause more deaths and more sickness and you wonder when will this end

It is amazing to me how so many people are living their lives like there is no pandemic and the holidays are going to cause more deaths and more sickness and you wonder when will this end

Today in a zoom group a friend mentioned having coffee with another friend at the coffee house across the street from our apartment. She asked if we would ever meet for a visit in the lobby of our building. I did remember to thank her for wanting to see us :) after I said quite firmly that we don’t visit with anyone, anywhere. I reminded her that we had gotten covid in January, despite our extreme precautions, and that seeing friends is just not worth the risk, even though we will get our boosters tomorrow. What I didn’t say was that she and the other friend are among the last ones we would want to see because they tend to live their lives like the pandemic is over.
JMO

$25? Can you claim that back from your insurance? I have a few boxes of them here, perhaps I should smuggle some over the pond!

It’s bad that you have to pay, so many people must not bother. How many cases are there in America really?
I thought testing was free, but maybe not? My husband had to get tested twice at CVS and no charge

My friend's daughter died of Covid-19 today. It is beyond shocking. She was 53 years old.

This makes the 3rd person I have known personally to die from Covid-19.

I'm so sorry. I keep wondering how many we know will be gone from covid over the next few years. A man posted in a large family group I'm in yesterday about his wife dying. I looked at his "social media" wall and see she died of covid. A few weeks before she died he was posting memes sharing how it's actually the vaccinated dying more frequently than the unvaxxed.

I wonder how these people reconcile the deaths of the their loved ones? I know someone who has been teaching that covid vaccines are seriously the mark of the beast. This person is a priest with people regularly fawning over his teaching and actively encourages them to believe every scare mongering theory. And now his mil just died of covid last week.

I wonder what goes through their heads when this happens? They appear to just pretend it didn't happen most of the time or maybe was the rare exception. When he announced her death he just said she'd been suffering for weeks on a ventilator, but no mention of covid. Like she suffered from a ventilator as if it was a disease. I guess you gotta downplay she died of the disease you have been telling everyone is totally overhyped and people rarely die from....

I'm so sorry. I keep wondering how many we know will be gone from covid over the next few years. A man posted in a large family group I'm in yesterday about his wife dying. I looked at his "social media" wall and see she died of covid. A few weeks before she died he was posting memes sharing how it's actually the vaccinated dying more frequently than the unvaxxed.

I wonder how these people reconcile the deaths of the their loved ones? I know someone who has been teaching that covid vaccines are seriously the mark of the beast. This person is a priest with people regularly fawning over his teaching and actively encourages them to believe every scare mongering theory. And now his mil just died of covid last week.

I wonder what goes through their heads when this happens? They appear to just pretend it didn't happen most of the time or maybe was the rare exception. When he announced her death he just said she'd been suffering for weeks on a ventilator, but no mention of covid. Like she suffered from a ventilator as if it was a disease. I guess you gotta downplay she died of the disease you have been telling everyone is totally overhyped and people rarely die from....
Because they refuse to believe that it’s Covid. Or she was “given Covid” in the hospital so they can bill it as a Covid death.
So wrapped up in their belief that they can’t see the science right in front of them.
JMO

It was Moderna. I ran a temperature (110.5) and had vertigo. I'm retired so I just slept as much as possible for two days and all was well with the world again.

The way the government has it set up, everyone who gets a vaccine, no matter where they work, are allowed time to get the vaccine, time to take dependents, and up to 16 hours for side effects, per each shot.

Because they refuse to believe that it’s Covid. Or she was “given Covid” in the hospital so they can bill it as a Covid death.
So wrapped up in their belief that they can’t see the science right in front of them.
JMO

I have read articles where doctors say they are treating Covid patients who are dying and to the very end they tell the doctor they don't have Covid because Covid does not exist: they say this with their last breath. Looney.

I am not sure what to think any longer. And the "mask" situation is so strange.

Work, we are mandated to wear a mask at all times at work. With clients, they have to wear a mask, and I am masked for all appointments.

Then, when clients leave, we take off our masks to do work, but have it around our neck...it is strange. Literally, you can be written up for not wearing a mask. So, people are running around the office, with a mask, but not wearing it.

Last week we had someone in our office from another area, he wore his mask, very seriously. All of the time, so we all wore our masks 100% of the time, then, he left, and we went back to our "norm", whatever that is...the whole thing is so strange and confusing.
Sometimes all it takes is one person, like this visitor, to set the standard. We shut all be that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member