Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I wonder what constitutes a "large number?"
Or if it's just.. several and as stated there, they're already short staffed like many schools are.

And when it says the clinic was over the weekend, if it was done on a Sunday - I could see quite a few calling out. I felt like garbage after my 2nd dose.
I felt like garbage after my booster 2 weeks ago. I thought maybe the booster wouldn't be so bad, but it was similar to my first two doses. I'd happily do it again though! It feels good to have it behind me.

I felt like garbage after my booster 2 weeks ago. I thought maybe the booster wouldn't be so bad, but it was similar to my first two doses. I'd happily do it again though! It feels good to have it behind me.

What booster shot did you have? Pfizer made me super sick, so I went with Moderna for a booster. No problems at all.

Thank you all for condolences. I didn't know her well, but had met her several times, and of course, we are very close to her parents. It was quite a shock.

I don't know what to think...people are still dying of Covid. I don't know what her vaccine status was...

My friend's daughter died of Covid-19 today. It is beyond shocking. She was 53 years old.

This makes the 3rd person I have known personally to die from Covid-19.

I am so sorry Mickey--- I think after all this time living with the pandemic we
believe things should be getting better and instead they are getting worse in some areas of the country

Now Germany says it is set make Covid vaccinations COMPULSORY in 'unavoidable' move | Daily Mail Online

Germany is set to follow Austria's example in making vaccinations compulsory with ministers admitting that the move is 'unavoidable' amid a fourth wave of the pandemic which is crippling the country's hospitals.

The number of Covid cases are soaring daily in Germany, with the country reporting 48,201 infections on Saturday - the highest number of new coronavirus cases since the beginning of the pandemic.

The fourth wave is overwhelming hospitals, with health chiefs warning that the situation is 'extremely critical' across the country.

Europe has become the epicentre of the pandemic once again, with the World Health Organisation warning that the Continent was the only region in the world where deaths had increased as Covid-related fatalities spiked by five per cent just this week.

In France, fifth-wave coronavirus infections are rising at an alarming rate, the government reported Sunday, with new daily Covid cases close to doubling over the past week.

In Germany, a relatively low vaccination rate - hovering under 70 per cent - has left the country vulnerable to the virus.

Germany's federal tourism commissioner Thomas Bareiß has now said the worsening situation makes it clear that compulsory vaccination is 'unavoidable'.

Bareiß told DPA news agency: 'In retrospect, it was wrong not to see that right from the start. The hope at that time is understandable, but it was not realistic.'

His calls were echoed by the Prime Minister of Bavaria, which has seen Covid cases surge, who said 'in the end we will not be able to avoid compulsory vaccination'.

It comes after Austria introduced compulsory vaccines for its citizens before introducing a national lockdown, sparking massive protests for two nights in a row.

DH and I got Pfizer boosters last Tuesday. My arm and neck were sore, and I actually took Extra Strength Tylenol at bedtime. I rarely take any type of pain med but knew I'd have a difficult time sleeping with my arm and neck hurting. DH had a fever for more than two days, slept almost 30 hours straight, and lost a couple of pounds because he didn't feel like eating. We both agreed that the injection was brutal and are glad that it is behind us. No regrets about being protected against the even more brutal Covid.

DH and I got Pfizer boosters last Tuesday. My arm and neck were sore, and I actually took Extra Strength Tylenol at bedtime. I rarely take any type of pain med but knew I'd have a difficult time sleeping with my arm and neck hurting. DH had a fever for more than two days, slept almost 30 hours straight, and lost a couple of pounds because he didn't feel like eating. We both agreed that the injection was brutal and are glad that it is behind us. No regrets about being protected against the even more brutal Covid.

I too had more side effects from this booster (Moderna-half dose)- I had a very sore arm and muscles in my back and neck were really sore for 3 days. In fact the muscle in my upper back is still a little sore. it is kind of weird. I felt under the weather and took some Tylenol as well. I was surprised that the booster caused more side effects than the two shots I had initially. However, as you pointed out, it is all about being protected from the much more brutal Covid.

Thank you all for condolences. I didn't know her well, but had met her several times, and of course, we are very close to her parents. It was quite a shock.

I don't know what to think...people are still dying of Covid. I don't know what her vaccine status was...

Sorry about your friend's daughter. Sadly, Covid is still rampant after nearly two years. It seems that no gender or age group is spared when the virus takes hold.

Covid: Netherlands and other parts of Europe see protests over new restrictions

Looks like people are tired of lockdowns and not thrilled about mandatory vaccines.

Covid-19 has created havoc, civil unrest, and so much strife everywhere it seems. Will this ever be over?

And now we learn there are more deaths in 2021 than 2020 and I ask how is that possible with the vaccinations- I know there is still 1/3 of the population in our country not vaccinated, but still-- it doesn't seem possible to have people dead this year than last!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member