DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Djokovic loses deportation appeal, exits Australia

Buh-bye

@JaneEyre
I also wear 3 or 4 layered cloth masks with a filter and nose wire and adjustable ear loops, because they fit well and I can tolerate them.
But recently I've worn them over a KN95.

The wake I had to attend for my sister's sister-in-law was the only time since Covid started that I was indoors with a crowd of people, hugging.

The funeral home required masks and everyone wore them correctly, but still...

Weeks ahead of Winter Olympics, Beijing records first local omicron case, state media reports (nbcnews.com)

Lab testing found “mutations specific to the omicron variant” in the person, Pang Xinghuo, an official at the city’s disease control authority, told a news briefing.

Weeks ahead of its staging of the Olympic Winter Games, China's capital Beijing reported its first locally transmitted infection of the highly transmissible omicron coronavirus variant on Saturday, according to state media.

State television reported that the new infection had been identified as the omicron strain...

Officials have sealed up the infected person’s residential compound and workplace, and collected 2,430 samples for testing from people linked to the two locations, a Haidian district official said...

I will believe it when his butt is actually and finally out of Australia--he is a nasty
piecebof work!!!!

Just noting that we don't all feel this way. I think he was caught in politics, the government made it clear he wasn't a risk of spreading covid-19, but his presence in the country could be cause for unrest.

Question. Sorry if already asked and answered.
My dad and sm tested positive for Covid Dec 26th and after having their booster. They feel pretty good now but still tire easily. Yesterday they still tested positive! I've heard one can test positive for months after having it.
Are they contagious after all this time?

Biden's rule mandating free coverage for COVID test came with no warning, will take weeks to implement: report

Sounds like it will be a real challenge for private insurers to process reimbursements for purchases of self-tests for covid. Back to the "shoebox" method of reciepts collected in a shoebox (so to speak) and entered manually by insurers as they process them.

DH and I were discussing this yesterday. Did insurance carriers know in advance that they would be reimbursing subscribers for at-home Covid tests? Will they also be required to cover KN95 masks? This will eventually result in increased insurance premiums for everyone. JMO

Last edited:
DH and I were discussing this yesterday. Did insurance carriers know in advance that they would be reimbursing subscribers for at-home Covid tests? Will they also be required to cover KN95 masks? This will eventually result in increased insurance premiums for everyone. JMO

From the beginning of the pandemic to the present time, the government
has proved unreliable in so many ways--this is just another examp!e of
poor planning leaving people in a state of confusion

ugh! That would be terrible! Insurance premiums are already outrageous!

Question. Sorry if already asked and answered.
My dad and sm tested positive for Covid Dec 26th and after having their booster. They feel pretty good now but still tire easily. Yesterday they still tested positive! I've heard one can test positive for months after having it.
Are they contagious after all this time?
I don't think anybody really knows. Some people can stay contagious for a long time afterwards.

Djokovic loses deportation appeal, exits Australia

Buh-bye

@JaneEyre
I also wear 3 or 4 layered cloth masks with a filter and nose wire and adjustable ear loops, because they fit well and I can tolerate them.
But recently I've worn them over a KN95.

The wake I had to attend for my sister's sister-in-law was the only time since Covid started that I was indoors with a crowd of people, hugging.

The funeral home required masks and everyone wore them correctly, but still...
I wear the same. A KN95 with a cloth mask over top.

One of the guys that sits at "our table" (yes, it's like high school with cliques that sit at certain tables with certain people all of the time,...don't dare try to sit at a table outside your group...LOL..our table is the "youngster" table, all the ones in their 60's sit together) well one of the guys is really sick with ??? my guess is Covid since it's mostly sore throat issues.

So, what does my friend do? She goes to his apartment unmasked to bring him some cookies from the dining room since he isn't down there eating...then she tells me (on the phone) that he looks and sounds really awful and he needs to go to the doctor and all I can say is - why did you go visit him with no mask on??

There are a ton of folks sick here. Someone I ran into said that we are all going to get it eventually so why am I not coming down to eat?? ummmm........shrugging my shoulders.

I don't think anybody really knows. Some people can stay contagious for a long time afterwards.
We met some friend for dinner and football watching at a local bar. They were 11 days post their positive PCR test. Very mild symptoms that were totally gone by day 10. Followed CDC guidelines but as you say, who really knows.

One of the guys that sits at "our table" (yes, it's like high school with cliques that sit at certain tables with certain people all of the time,...don't dare try to sit at a table outside your group...LOL..our table is the "youngster" table, all the ones in their 60's sit together) well one of the guys is really sick with ??? my guess is Covid since it's mostly sore throat issues.

So, what does my friend do? She goes to his apartment unmasked to bring him some cookies from the dining room since he isn't down there eating...then she tells me (on the phone) that he looks and sounds really awful and he needs to go to the doctor and all I can say is - why did you go visit him with no mask on??

There are a ton of folks sick here. Someone I ran into said that we are all going to get it eventually so why am I not coming down to eat?? ummmm........shrugging my shoulders.
MOO you are making a wise decision to stay away and in your apartment. It sounds like COVID could be making the rounds. Stand by your decisions to give you the best chance of avoiding COVID.

I worry about you Tabitha-----you are surrounded by what sounds like
clueless folks-- I know you are doing everything you can to stay safe--
be well

Be careful
Avoid them all
You’re the smart one

Elderly can still be vulnerable even if vaccinated. It's pretty bizarre that elderly people you are surrounded with are running around without masks, thinking they are high school (or middle school?) kids. You should avoid them all. There are so many people getting infected right now that it's hard to obtain treatments.

Well…..hubby just tested positive using at home test for Covid. He also took a test Friday upon returning from out of town and it was negative. Says he has body aches and was sweating buckets all night. He slept in our bed Friday night, but went upstairs to the guest room last night. He can quarantine with his own bath upstairs. I have packed him drinks/snacks and left them outside his door. I have lysoled all surfaces and cracked windows/some doors , using exhaust fans in baths and kitchen.
I have my next chemo scheduled for this coming Thursday. Last one was January 6th. My SIl (neurologist) asked his friend an internal medicine doc about this and he said if I show any symptoms I should go where they have monoclonal antibodies. How do I know where they have these.

Well…..hubby just tested positive using at home test for Covid. He also took a test Friday upon returning from out of town and it was negative. Says he has body aches and was sweating buckets all night. He slept in our bed Friday night, but went upstairs to the guest room last night. He can quarantine with his own bath upstairs. I have packed him drinks/snacks and left them outside his door. I have lysoled all surfaces and cracked windows/some doors , using exhaust fans in baths and kitchen.
I have my next chemo scheduled for this coming Thursday. Last one was January 6th. My SIl (neurologist) asked his friend an internal medicine doc about this and he said if I show any symptoms I should go where they have monoclonal antibodies. How do I know where they have these.
Night sweat is a symptom of Omicron. Be very careful and stay away from hubby. But if he stayed in the same bed you could already be infected. I am not sure how one finds out who has antibodies. I would ask your doctor. You are definitely vulnerable because chemo suppresses immune system. There are also Pfizer pills that should work well, unfortunately also in very short supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obamna