Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #106

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be in Dubai by now, on his way back to Europe.
He left Australia on a 10:30pm Emirates flight out of Melbourne last night (Sunday).
He issued a statement saying that he was going to respect the court's decision.

He wasn't the only Australian Open tennis player who was deported. There were 5 others as well - 4 European players and one official - all turned around and sent back to their countries for being unvaccinated.

We are happy that our border rules are being enforced.

It wouldn't be right to be letting non-qualifying unvaxxed people in, when the great majority (92.5%) of us here have cared enough to go and be double-jabbed.

He should have got vaccinated if he wanted a chance at that $4.1 million winner's pot, and not tried to skirt our laws with "previous infection" stuff.

imo

was he deported for a full three years or a lesser period? do you know? curious.
[OK read further and yes...]

Last edited:
This is a follow-up to the article I posted the other day.

Serial-vaxxer, 84, threatens to kill himself if being prosecuted | Daily Mail Online

"A pensioner in India who illegally had 11 Covid-19 jabs in less than a year has threatened to kill himself if police prosecute him.

Brahamdev Mandal has gone into hiding as he bids to avoid charges of misleading the health department. Police are conducting raids to arrest the 84-year-old.

The serial-vaxxer was able to sign up for extra jabs by using different people's ID and lying to health officials.

On Sunday police showed up at his home in Bihar's Madhepura District and since then his phone had been switched off."

"The wife of Mr. Mandal, Nirmala Devi, has accused the police of harassing her and defended her husband. She told TOI that her husband was suffering from various diseases and difficulties to stand or walk, but after the shots he has been cured."

"Mr Mandal is not the first person to have reportedly been given multiple doses by tricking the system.

In December, a man in New Zealand received the the vaccine 10 times in one day after he was paid by anti-vaxxers to get jabs on their behalf.

The man, who has not been identified, pretended to be a different person each time he visited a doctor. He was then given the jab before the vaccination records were updated for the real person.

Authorities believe anti-vaxxers paid the man so they could enjoy the same freedoms as the vaccinated without having to get the jab."

Sugar, one of the worst poison to put in our body is super addictive so it's hard to say 'no'.
For my family, one of the easiest way to reduce sugar intake was to give up on all soft drinks (Cokes in our case) and most juices found in middle aisles in our supermarket, which should be called "comorbidities" aisle.
Oh my gosh! Comorbidities aisle! I LOVE it!

Question. Sorry if already asked and answered.
My dad and sm tested positive for Covid Dec 26th and after having their booster. They feel pretty good now but still tire easily. Yesterday they still tested positive! I've heard one can test positive for months after having it.
Are they contagious after all this time?
Good question. At work we aren’t allowed to come back to work if we are positive with any lingering symptoms - but I don’t know about the contagious part.
Can they consult their doctor through a patient portal or call to see what their doctor says?

Just noting that we don't all feel this way. I think he was caught in politics, the government made it clear he wasn't a risk of spreading covid-19, but his presence in the country could be cause for unrest.

I have mixed feelings- obvi many in AUS do not want to see him treated as a special case. He became a lightening rod for discontent, and as with other times in history when something was raging- sport in its purest form suffers. I think, IMO, some athletes can be one-dimensional- genius at their sport- and when they try to live amongst us or be role models(!) .. ehhhh. IMO.

Question. Sorry if already asked and answered.
My dad and sm tested positive for Covid Dec 26th and after having their booster. They feel pretty good now but still tire easily. Yesterday they still tested positive! I've heard one can test positive for months after having it.
Are they contagious after all this time?

I cannot answer that, but as you may recall, CDC is letting people go back to work after 10 days at the latest, if they have no symptoms, so....

I have mixed feelings- obvi many in AUS do not want to see him treated as a special case. He became a lightening rod for discontent, and as with other times in history when something was raging- sport in its purest form suffers. I think, IMO, some athletes can be one-dimensional- genius at their sport- and when they try to live amongst us or be role models(!) .. ehhhh. IMO.

He is an arrogant ,lying entitled unvaccinated fool.

Night sweat is a symptom of Omicron. Be very careful and stay away from hubby. But if he stayed in the same bed you could already be infected. I am not sure how one finds out who has antibodies. I would ask your doctor. You are definitely vulnerable because chemo suppresses immune system. There are also Pfizer pills that should work well, unfortunately also in very short supply.

thinking about this- have you taken a test? if you can, you should test every day or so...

And it would have been a shockingly bad legal precedent, if he was allowed to remain here because "his previous infection provides him protection".

That is up to Aus to decide, it is not up to an outsider to come here and challenge our border entry rules.
If he had won, that would have opened the floodgates.

If he had to be taken to Federal Court to make him comply with the border rules, then so be it.

imo

Watch: Cowboys, Niners fans stampede into stadium for standing-room section — USA TODAY

“For a typical game, the Dallas Cowboys' home at AT&T Stadium can hold around 80,000 people. But for big games, the capacity can expand to 100,000 with its extensive standing room only area," explained Andrew Joseph of For the Win.”

Watch the stampede on the video....wow.

I can’t imagine standing in one place in an extremely crowded scenario for six hours with Omicron circulating like it is.
Crazy fans.

Watch: Cowboys, Niners fans stampede into stadium for standing-room section — USA TODAY

“For a typical game, the Dallas Cowboys' home at AT&T Stadium can hold around 80,000 people. But for big games, the capacity can expand to 100,000 with its extensive standing room only area," explained Andrew Joseph of For the Win.”

Watch the stampede on the video....wow.

I can’t imagine standing in one place in an extremely crowded scenario for six hours with Omicron circulating like it is.
Crazy fans.

I wonder if that would have been allowed if they played in CA.

Yes! 64 oz of water is a game changer!
I'm the same way. I can't buy it or that's what I'll automatically go to for a snack

ETA - making sure I drink at least 64 oz of water a day has helped me with sugar cravings or general snack cravings too

I have to force myself to drink 40 oz of water every day
I dont know how i would drink another 24 oz-- I hate drinking
water but i force myself to get that down

I eat way too much sugar-- all kinds of candy, cookies, etc and I am thin--
I crave sugar ----

Yeah I’m trying to get a handle here. This pandemic has given me ridiculous justifications to be totally stupid about my diet, like “Well, I have to have soooome enjoyment in life”, and “what else is there to do...”. Silly stuff.

Lame. Trying to take control here.

Last edited:
Sugar, one of the worst poison to put in our body is super addictive so it's hard to say 'no'.
For my family, one of the easiest way to reduce sugar intake was to give up on all soft drinks (Cokes in our case) and most juices found in middle aisles in our supermarket, which should be called "comorbidities" aisle.

“Comorbities aisle”...ahaha ROTF, good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member