Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #106

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch: Cowboys, Niners fans stampede into stadium for standing-room section — USA TODAY

“For a typical game, the Dallas Cowboys' home at AT&T Stadium can hold around 80,000 people. But for big games, the capacity can expand to 100,000 with its extensive standing room only area," explained Andrew Joseph of For the Win.”

Watch the stampede on the video....wow.

I can’t imagine standing in one place in an extremely crowded scenario for six hours with Omicron circulating like it is.
Crazy fans.

I cringe. Our cases in Dallas are through the roof.

Yeah I’m trying to get a handle here. This pandemic has given me ridiculous justifications to be totally stupid about my diet, like “Well, I have to have soooome enjoyment in life”, and “what else is there to do...”. Silly stuff.

Lame. Trying to take control here.

Agreed. I actually made some fitness goals this year. I feel like I have just shut down, and been waiting...I was so hopeful life would be "normal" after we were vaccinated. :)

So much for that. o_O

I wonder if that would have been allowed if they played in CA.
Turns out it depends on where in CA you are. We still have guidelines in place in Los Angeles County.
"Under the LA County public health order, fans ages 5 and over must provide proof of either COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 48 hours of gameday, with a matching photo ID."
BUT:
The 49er's up in the Bay Area aren't requiring proof of vaccination but are requiring fans who are unvaccinated to wear a mask. How they are enforcing that??? Got me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to force myself to drink 40 oz of water every day
I dont know how i would drink another 24 oz-- I hate drinking
water but i force myself to get that down
I hear you. I also hate drinking. I see a dietitian yearly because I had weight loss surgery 13 yrs ago. She told me to also count foods that contain a high fluid count in my daily fluid intake. Maybe check out which foods have a high count. I do drink milk, flavored water, and tea.

Oh my goodness--- love donuts too--- i know you
are enjoying that one-Krispy Kreme is my fav.
Those cookies look sinfully delicious!!

Ha! My doughnut is a Krispy Kreme!

To stay on topic here is an article:

Did we really gain weight during the pandemic? - Harvard Health

As it turns out, 39% of patients gained weight during the pandemic, with weight gain defined as above the normal fluctuation of 2.5 pounds. Approximately 27% gained less than 12.5 pounds and about 10% gained more than 12.5 pounds, with 2% gaining over 27.5 pounds.

COVID-19 patients show more signs of brain damage than people with Alzheimer’s disease | KTLA

NEW YORK (StudyFinds.org) – Could COVID-19 actually be doing more harm to the human brain than Alzheimer’s disease? A new study reveals older patients contracting COVID have more signs of brain damage than people who develop the neurodegenerative disease.

Specifically, a team from NYU Grossman School of Medicine found significantly higher levels of certain blood proteins which typically rise when someone suffers neurological damage among COVID patients. Researchers say, over the short-term course of their infections, seven markers of brain damage were noticeably higher among COVID patients than non-COVID patients with Alzheimer’s. One of these markers was more than twice as high among coronavirus patients.

“Our findings suggest that patients hospitalized for COVID-19, and especially in those experiencing neurological symptoms during their acute infection, may have levels of brain injury markers that are as high as, or higher than, those seen in people who have Alzheimer’s disease,” says lead author Jennifer Frontera, MD, a professor in the Department of Neurology, in a university release.

Yeah I’m trying to get a handle here. This pandemic has given me ridiculous justifications to be totally stupid about my diet, like “Well, I have to have soooome enjoyment in life”, and “what else is there to do...”. Silly stuff.

It is not easy getting control of whatever it is we are somewhat addicted to--
I cannot get control over my sugar addiction

Agreed. I actually made some fitness goals this year. I feel like I have just shut down, and been waiting...I was so hopeful life would be "normal" after we were vaccinated. :)

So much for that. o_O

You and me both---I was sure life was going back to
normal after getting the vaccine--- I still cannot believe
we are in this miserable place now---

COVID-19 patients show more signs of brain damage than people with Alzheimer’s disease | KTLA

NEW YORK (StudyFinds.org) – Could COVID-19 actually be doing more harm to the human brain than Alzheimer’s disease? A new study reveals older patients contracting COVID have more signs of brain damage than people who develop the neurodegenerative disease.

Specifically, a team from NYU Grossman School of Medicine found significantly higher levels of certain blood proteins which typically rise when someone suffers neurological damage among COVID patients. Researchers say, over the short-term course of their infections, seven markers of brain damage were noticeably higher among COVID patients than non-COVID patients with Alzheimer’s. One of these markers was more than twice as high among coronavirus patients.

“Our findings suggest that patients hospitalized for COVID-19, and especially in those experiencing neurological symptoms during their acute infection, may have levels of brain injury markers that are as high as, or higher than, those seen in people who have Alzheimer’s disease,” says lead author Jennifer Frontera, MD, a professor in the Department of Neurology, in a university release.

More good news about the evil virus!!!

Remember how determined we were on the thread back in March 2020 to exercise and eat right to stay healthy? Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellzBellz01