Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
can you order to go/take out to support the local struggling businesses?
So far so good here. I have no symptoms. Hubby is upstairs (day 2) and says he’s just very tired, has a cough once in awhile.
My onco wanted me to come in and take a rapid test. I declined for now. I have quite a few at home tests. I tested negative yesterday.
Onco also wanted me to continue my chemo treatment on Thursday this week. I told her I don’t think that’s prudent considering hubby has Covid, and I’m the one who’s feeding him. (I just put his meals on the table next to the closed door). I don’t need to be tending to hubby and having chemo. I realize that she’s a dr and wants these treatments done so that I get the full effect but come on! Anyway, it’s rescheduled.
Thank You for all your good wishes and prayers!!!! Truly appreciate each and every one.

Please stay safe all!

Good for you -----:making decisions that you feel are in your best interest,
To keep you and others safe.

So far so good here. I have no symptoms. Hubby is upstairs (day 2) and says he’s just very tired, has a cough once in awhile.
My onco wanted me to come in and take a rapid test. I declined for now. I have quite a few at home tests. I tested negative yesterday.
Onco also wanted me to continue my chemo treatment on Thursday this week. I told her I don’t think that’s prudent considering hubby has Covid, and I’m the one who’s feeding him. (I just put his meals on the table next to the closed door). I don’t need to be tending to hubby and having chemo. I realize that she’s a dr and wants these treatments done so that I get the full effect but come on! Anyway, it’s rescheduled.
Thank You for all your good wishes and prayers!!!! Truly appreciate each and every one.

Please stay safe all!

Thanks for checking in. I hope you continue to have no symptoms and test negative.

Will everyone get COVID-19 eventually? If only we had answers.

This article points out one fact: you can do everything right for two years: act in a safe manner- but one mistake- one error in judgment, and Omicron will get you. That is why I am not getting my hair done- it is three weeks now, but I really think that a beauty salon with a hair stylist breathing on me for 2 hours is probably not the best idea--

Will everyone get COVID-19 eventually? If only we had answers.

This article points out one fact: you can do everything right for two years: act in a safe manner- but one mistake- one error in judgment, and Omicron will get you. That is why I am not getting my hair done- it is three weeks now, but I really think that a beauty salon with a hair stylist breathing on me for 2 hours is probably not the best idea--

In Sydney, Australia, I have to wear a mask the whole time I am at my hairdressing salon and so does my hairdresser.

So just tested positive on rapid saliva test. Feel pretty miserable. Tested negative on nasal swab only saliva one showed immediately two strong lines . I did two tests both positive. I was sure it’s covid because of rather odd symptoms.

So just tested positive on rapid saliva test. Feel pretty miserable. Tested negative on nasal swab only saliva one showed immediately two strong lines . I did two tests both positive. I was sure it’s covid because of rather odd symptoms.
Oh wow. Do you have a support network to help you from afar? I am sorry to hear this. I hope you feel better soon.

Do you know how you were exposed?

Are you going to try to get any treatments?

Oh wow. Do you have a support network to help you from afar? I am sorry to hear this. I hope you feel better soon.

Do you know how you were exposed?

Are you going to try to get any treatments?

Hi:)
I live with my boyfriend who is helping me out around the house with food etc. we stocked up for covid sickness long ago with tests ,medication and foods. I work as a dentist in Stockholm (Sweden) I meet mostly unmasked people during treatment and before. Masks are not mandatory here so people just come in maskless. I have no real idea but I suspect it was on friday that I was exposed since at the weekend I was at home. Im young (31) I phoned doctor who said to ride it out at home unless something happens. I have all the omicron symptoms scratchy not painful throat , hoarse voice , body aches and chills with 38c fever . I did nasal swab and to my surprise it was negative yesterday. Today saliva one was clear positive no doubt after only a sec tested twice. To all of you who can get saliva rapid tests instead of nasal one they could be more accurate. But that’s my opinion I’m not an expert its my own experience.

4th vaccine shot less effective against omicron, study shows. Updates

4th shot (booster) given in Israel said to be not very effective against Omicron.

That's not encouraging. I don't know a lot about how vaccines are made, but as I understand it, the makers of flu vaccines change the formulation annually to match the strains of influenza most likely to be circulating.

If another shot of our current vaccines isn't going to help against Omicron, why don't we have another vaccine on the horizon? Or, already here?

Yesterday, I went to the grocery store and I was literally among a tiny minority wearing a mask. I would say nine out of ten of the people in the store--it was crowded--didn't have masks. The workers had masks, but I spotted a number of them beneath noses.

I tried to get curbside delivery, but they couldn't gather my order until today, and I won't be able to go today. The shelves were startling bare, too.

And, now we hear another shot won't help.

That's not encouraging. I don't know a lot about how vaccines are made, but as I understand it, the makers of flu vaccines change the formulation annually to match the strains of influenza most likely to be circulating.

If another shot of our current vaccines isn't going to help against Omicron, why don't we have another vaccine on the horizon? Or, already here?

Yesterday, I went to the grocery store and I was literally among a tiny minority wearing a mask. I would say nine out of ten of the people in the store--it was crowded--didn't have masks. The workers had masks, but I spotted a number of them beneath noses.

I tried to get curbside delivery, but they couldn't gather my order until today, and I won't be able to go today. The shelves were startling bare, too.

And, now we hear another shot won't help.

We lesrn alot from Israel's experience--I think the fourth might help somewhat, but less than they expected----

In Sydney, Australia, I have to wear a mask the whole time I am at my hairdressing salon and so does my hairdresser.

The salon I go to-- all stylists are vaccinated and masked, but with the
transmissibility of Omicron I am not sure that will be enough. Omicron
has proven to break thru boosted people-- and though I believe masks
are effective, they are not 100 percent---- Believe me I really need
to get my hair done, but right now with Omicron very prevalent here
in Florida, I dont want to do something foolish. Add to the equation I
am in my 70s--'''

The salon I go to-- all stylists are vaccinated and masked, but with the
transmissibility of Omicron I am not sure that will be enough. Omicron
has proven to break thru boosted people-- and though I believe masks
are effective, they are not 100 percent---- Believe me I really need
to get my hair done, but right now with Omicron very prevalent here
in Florida, I dont want to do something foolish. Add to the equation I
am in my 70s--'''

I am also in my 70s and my hair had grown very long after months in lockdown.

I live right next door to the beauty salon on our third floor. Our hairdresser does NOT wear a mask, which is ridiculous...but we can thank our director for that. I color my own hair, have done for years, and I am letting it grow so I don't have to go see her fortunately.

I live right next door to the beauty salon on our third floor. Our hairdresser does NOT wear a mask, which is ridiculous...but we can thank our director for that. I color my own hair, have done for years, and I am letting it grow so I don't have to go see her fortunately.

I had not been to a hairdresser for six months.

I had not been to a hairdresser for six months.

I have gone to the salon all thru the pandemic--last went about a month ago,
just before Omicron raged thru our country. My stylist in Florida just retired--
I knew her and trusted her-she cares for aging parents so she was very careful.
My stylist in Michigan is also very careful -- both were vaccinated and masked.

This new stylist in Florida is an o!der lady, vaxxed and masked--Only saw
het one time and I know the next day she was flying to New York for the
holidays-- (risky)---I know nothing about her life, who she might be exposed
to regarding the virus--- Hopefully Omicron will be gone in a few weeks, but
until then I will back off from the salon.

We lesrn alot from Israel's experience--I think the fourth might help somewhat, but less than they expected----
My guess Omicron specific booster is going to be needed to prevent Omicron infection. I believe both Moderna and Pfizer expect it to be ready in March. If Omicron is still around by then, and not some new variant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi