Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let us know when you get them. I'm highly interested in the manufacture date as well.

I got my tests either yesterday or today (we didn’t go get our mail yesterday and the tracking was nuts). I got two boxes of iHealth tests, each containing two tests. I don’t see a manufacture date but the “use by” date is 7-13-22 (five months). There is a lot number, but no way to access info about it that I could find.

I did read that Binax has been allowed to extend it’s “use by” date because the contents have been shown to be stable, but I don’t know if iHealth has been able to extend its date.

My husband tested positive for COVID on Sunday. It started with congestion, and then a runny nose and fatigue on Saturday night. When the coughing started on Sunday, he took one of our at-home rapid tests and it was positive. Thankfully, his symptoms haven’t progressed any further than that and already seem to be easing up a bit. We are both boosted and I haven’t had any symptoms, so I didn’t take a test. (At least not yet.)

I’m curious for those of you who had COVID — how long did it take for you to have symptoms after the first family member tested positive or vice versa?

Jan 23–My symptoms started
Jan 25–I had covid test
Jan 26–My husband started running a slight fever
Jan 2y—I got my Positive test result; husband 110.5 fever, throat tickle
Jan 29–Husband tested
Jan 30–Positive test result

Checking in as Covid impacted restaurant owner in California.
Well, we hit the ball out of the park on this Valentine's Day.
As a Mom and Pop Restaurant owner, we were pretty amazed at the turn-out and response to our place tonight.
We do Old School Cooking. Actually, we do old school everything. Our employees have been with us for decades.
Anyway. Apparently, we've become the talk of the county.
Lots of NEW young people. Families.
Tomorrow, masks are supposed to be off in most of California, except, in Los Angeles.
Nobody tonight was waiting for tomorrow.
My husband and myself, are pretty amazed at what went on tonight.
Everyone was happy. Appreciative and thankful.
Signing out, on my 31st Anniversary of being married to this man and our 31 years of working together in the restaurant business. Kali
I'm so happy for you !!! It's been a hard struggle and a long road...YOU SURVIVED!!! Cheering for you !!!

I got my tests either yesterday or today (we didn’t go get our mail yesterday and the tracking was nuts). I got two boxes of iHealth tests, each containing two tests. I don’t see a manufacture date but the “use by” date is 7-13-22 (five months). There is a lot number, but no way to access info about it that I could find.

I did read that Binax has been allowed to extend it’s “use by” date because the contents have been shown to be stable, but I don’t know if iHealth has been able to extend its date.

Kind of a bummer they expire so soon.

My husband tested positive for COVID on Sunday. It started with congestion, and then a runny nose and fatigue on Saturday night. When the coughing started on Sunday, he took one of our at-home rapid tests and it was positive. Thankfully, his symptoms haven’t progressed any further than that and already seem to be easing up a bit. We are both boosted and I haven’t had any symptoms, so I didn’t take a test. (At least not yet.)

I’m curious for those of you who had COVID — how long did it take for you to have symptoms after the first family member tested positive or vice versa?

For my boyfriend it took 7 days to feel sick and test positive after I got sick. It might take a while for some people.

I'm recovering from a radical hysterectomy and pelvic reconstruction performed two weeks ago. Even after the pre-op testing at hospital, three days prior to surgery, it wasn't a definite that I'd be admitted due to the high numbers of covid admissions. In addition, hospital was woefully understaffed. I was admitted as scheduled. But, during my time there, nurses were doing double-shifts, same with nursing attendants. The care was remarkable and I was fortunate. But the overload definitely showed on the nurses. My heart really ached for them. The staff told me about nurses 10+ years in hospital jobs they were happy with, but the were leaving those hospitals to take on contract-nursing in other parts of the country for double-triple pay.

I was terrified of contacting covid in the hospital, but the staff took amazing safety measures and I'm fotunate to continue to remain covid-free. I doubt I would be able to deal with the virus in addition to this lengthy surgical recovery. Stay safe, one never knows what is around that corner.

My free tests arrived Monday but I got 2 instead of 4.

Monday night they lifted the mask mandate for our schools starting immediately. I have a 1st grader who has NEVER been to school without a mask. It’s all he knows.

Monday night they lifted the mask mandate for our schools starting immediately. I have a 1st grader who has NEVER been to school without a mask. It’s all he knows.
All of the grand’s schools currently have mask mandates. None of them have been sick this school year which is quite the welcome change from previous years.
They are happy to be able to go to school in person this year.
Sorry you got shorted on your tests.

There are likely two tests in each box. I got two boxes. Each box has two tests. So it's four tests total.

I'm recovering from a radical hysterectomy and pelvic reconstruction performed two weeks ago. Even after the pre-op testing at hospital, three days prior to surgery, it wasn't a definite that I'd be admitted due to the high numbers of covid admissions. In addition, hospital was woefully understaffed. I was admitted as scheduled. But, during my time there, nurses were doing double-shifts, same with nursing attendants. The care was remarkable and I was fortunate. But the overload definitely showed on the nurses. My heart really ached for them. The staff told me about nurses 10+ years in hospital jobs they were happy with, but the were leaving those hospitals to take on contract-nursing in other parts of the country for double-triple pay.

I was terrified of contacting covid in the hospital, but the staff took amazing safety measures and I'm fotunate to continue to remain covid-free. I doubt I would be able to deal with the virus in addition to this lengthy surgical recovery. Stay safe, one never knows what is around that corner.

Wishing you a smooth recovery from your major surgery. I'm glad your hospital experience was good and you've remained Covid-free.

About 7 days.

Pretty much everyone I know will still continue to wear them but...

Covid-19 Ireland: Facemasks expected to be dropped for shops, public transport and schools

Laws requiring masks to be worn in shops and on public transport are expected to be dropped and replaced with guidance urging people to continue the wearing of face coverings to protect against Covid.

The Government is also expecting the requirement for students to wear masks in primary and secondary schools to come to an end after the National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet) meets this week.

However, passengers flying abroad will still be required to wear masks on airplanes as those rules are based on EU directives.

The requirement to wear masks in shops and on trains and buses is among the final Covid-19 restrictions remaining after the Government announced a major easing of emergency measures in January.

(...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member