Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be positively stunned if POTUS and the First Lady avoid being infected this go round.

COVID hits Washington insiders including Gina Raimondo, Katherine Clark, Merrick Garland

Coronavirus is sweeping through Washington, with several politicians reporting positive tests in recent days.

Assistant Speaker of the House Katherine Clark and two Biden administration cabinet members — Former Rhode Island governor turned Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo and Attorney General Merrick Garland — have tested positive for COVID-19 and will quarantine at home, according to their offices.

Raimondo tested positive using an at-home antigen test after “experiencing mild symptoms,” the Commerce Department said in a statement. The result comes four days after she attended the exclusive Gridiron Club and Foundation dinner where she delivered a speech and rubbed elbows with hundreds of politicians and journalists. The traditional gathering for D.C. insiders, held at the four-star Renaissance Hotel in downtown Washington last weekend, was the first to happen since the coronavirus pandemic hit.

Two Biden Cabinet members among string of positive Covid-19 cases after elite Gridiron dinner - CNNPolitics
The string of positive cases has turned attention in Washington to the Gridiron dinner, an event that brings together some of the city's most prominent journalists, including from CNN, and the government officials they cover.

Attendees had their vaccination status checked, but negative Covid-19 tests were not required to enter.
Tom DeFrank, the president of the Gridiron Club, said 14 guests at Saturday's dinner have tested positive and that other cases could be expected.

"As of 4 p.m. Wednesday, we know of 14 guests at Saturday's dinner who have tested positive for Covid. There is no way of being certain about when they first contracted Covid," DeFrank said.
"But they did interact with other guests during the night and we have to be realistic and expect some more cases," he continued.

"Except in cases of public officials who have on their own disclosed their status, we will protect the privacy of guests who test positive."

I will be positively stunned if POTUS and the First Lady avoid being infected this go round.

COVID hits Washington insiders including Gina Raimondo, Katherine Clark, Merrick Garland

Coronavirus is sweeping through Washington, with several politicians reporting positive tests in recent days.

Assistant Speaker of the House Katherine Clark and two Biden administration cabinet members — Former Rhode Island governor turned Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo and Attorney General Merrick Garland — have tested positive for COVID-19 and will quarantine at home, according to their offices.

Raimondo tested positive using an at-home antigen test after “experiencing mild symptoms,” the Commerce Department said in a statement. The result comes four days after she attended the exclusive Gridiron Club and Foundation dinner where she delivered a speech and rubbed elbows with hundreds of politicians and journalists. The traditional gathering for D.C. insiders, held at the four-star Renaissance Hotel in downtown Washington last weekend, was the first to happen since the coronavirus pandemic hit.

Last edited:
Two Biden Cabinet members among string of positive Covid-19 cases after elite Gridiron dinner - CNNPolitics
The string of positive cases has turned attention in Washington to the Gridiron dinner, an event that brings together some of the city's most prominent journalists, including from CNN, and the government officials they cover.

Attendees had their vaccination status checked, but negative Covid-19 tests were not required to enter.
Tom DeFrank, the president of the Gridiron Club, said 14 guests at Saturday's dinner have tested positive and that other cases could be expected.

"As of 4 p.m. Wednesday, we know of 14 guests at Saturday's dinner who have tested positive for Covid. There is no way of being certain about when they first contracted Covid," DeFrank said.
"But they did interact with other guests during the night and we have to be realistic and expect some more cases," he continued.

"Except in cases of public officials who have on their own disclosed their status, we will protect the privacy of guests who test positive."

not in DC and not at any fancy dinners, but I am back to wearing my mask... not even sure it works, but wearing it >sigh<

not in DC and not at any fancy dinners, but I am back to wearing my mask... not even sure it works, but wearing it >sigh<

I really don't get how it was "Covid" everything, then, it seemed like, boom, throw away your mask, everything is fine.

Our state is not even 50% vaccinated. But apparently the Covid rate is low...

First booster is recommended after five months. All of mine were Moderna's. I think Moderna is a bit stronger than Pfizer.

I know this much, the side effects of the Pfizer were enough to make me ask for Moderna for my booster. And it was fine, no side effects. The 2nd Pfizer literally put me down for 3 days.

I know this much, the side effects of the Pfizer were enough to make me ask for Moderna for my booster. And it was fine, no side effects. The 2nd Pfizer literally put me down for 3 days.

I needed to hear this. I had so many serious issues with Pfizer I never did get a booster. I ended up on a Holter (heart) monitor. It took 4 months to recover. I've toyed with the idea of Moderna.

It's interesting how people respond differently to the various vaccines. My husband had no side effects from the two doses of Pfizer he had, and the Pfizer booster shot. I had the Moderna shots and booster, and had side effects that kept me from work for 2 days each time.

My second Moderna shot gave me two days of fatigue and swelling/soreness at injection site that lasted for about 5 days.
I had about 24 hours of blahness and slight swelling with a Moderna booster. Gave me a chance to take a day of rest.
I’ll do Moderna again.

I think my husband and I were the only Costco shoppers in the store wearing masks two weeks ago when we were there.

Latvia has also lifted the mask mandate - except on public transportation. I walked in to the grocery store the other day - and saw everyone without masks!! Only one other lady had one on. And so did I. I shall continue wearing one - as I really don't want to get sick...
animated-smileys-sick-014.gif

Nancy Pelosi tests positive for Covid, but is asymptomatic (nbcnews.com)

Pelosi's positive test comes as President Biden's sister, Valerie Biden Owens, also tested positive after experiencing mild symptoms.

Nancy Pelosi, the 82-year-old speaker of the House, has tested positive for Covid-19 but is asymptomatic, her spokesman said Thursday.

"After testing negative this week, Speaker Pelosi received a positive test result for Covid-19 and is currently asymptomatic. The Speaker is fully vaccinated and boosted, and is thankful for the robust protection the vaccine has provided," Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said of the California Democrat in a pair of tweets.

"The Speaker will quarantine consistent with CDC guidance, and encourages everyone to get vaccinated, boosted and test regularly," Hammill said...

Yay for all those still wearing masks!
I'm not sure if our case numbers are really drastically down. Masks off, cases way down. Doesn't make sense. I think hospitalization numbers are really down. That's good but the big elephant in the room is Long Covid which I'm more afraid now than the initial infection which I call short covid at my home.

By wearing masks, I think we get exposed to less virus, and whatever small amount that gets through the masks, our body has better chance to fight them. We do not want long covid!

Why the WHO took two years to say COVID is airborne
Why the WHO took two years to say COVID is airborne
Early in the pandemic, the World Health Organization stated that SARS-CoV-2 was not transmitted through the air. That mistake and the prolonged process of correcting it sowed confusion and raises questions about what will happen in the next pandemic.

Yay for all those still wearing masks!
I'm not sure if our case numbers are really drastically down. Masks off, cases way down. Doesn't make sense. I think hospitalization numbers are really down. That's good but the big elephant in the room is Long Covid which I'm more afraid now than the initial infection which I call short covid at my home.

By wearing masks, I think we get exposed to less virus, and whatever small amount that gets through the masks, our body has better chance to fight them. We do not want long covid!

I'm still hoping to avoid both "short covid" and long covid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obamna