Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Louisiana 51% of the deaths between 3/24 and 3/30 were people that were not fully vaccinated. That means 49% of the deaths were people that were fully vaccinated. These numbers are typical on a week to week basis in LA. Those odds are not good. IMO

Louisiana Coronavirus | La Dept. of Health

Could you point me directly where to find that at the link? I see where it says "51% of deaths from 3/24 - 3/30" but I don't see where it says that those people are not fully vaccinated? I may be missing it somewhere.

Could you point me directly where to find that at the link? I see where it says "51% of deaths from 3/24 - 3/30" but I don't see where it says that those people are not fully vaccinated? I may be missing it somewhere.
Directly above where it says “51% of deaths from 3/24 - 3/30” it says “Those not fully vaccinated account for…”

I don't see it either (maybe because it tells me the text under the data is "403 forbidden").

But the overall US stats from the CDC are saying that unvaccinated people aged 5 years and over have a 9X greater chance of dying from covid.

COVID Data Tracker

I don't see it either (maybe because it tells me the text under the data is "403 forbidden").

But the overall US stats from the CDC are saying that unvaccinated people aged 5 years and over have a 9X greater chance of dying from covid.

COVID Data Tracker
I don’t know why it’s forbidden for you. I can see it. The data is from the Louisiana Department of Health website and definitely a legitimate website.

Deaths are what you’re trying to prevent with the covid vaccine. It’s scary that 49% of the deaths are fully vaccinated people (in Louisiana).

I don’t know why it’s forbidden for you. I can see it. The data is from the Louisiana Department of Health website and definitely a legitimate website.

Yes, I can see the website - lots of it ... but the particular section you are speaking of says "403 forbidden" in Australia.
So I can't see the makeup of the 49% ... if they were tested for covid, if their vax status was noted, if they are people who definitely passed from other un-covid-related things, etc.

It is just confusing because that kind of data doesn't seem to be what the CDC is reporting (for the US, in general).

az.jpg

ArcGIS Dashboards Classic

Last edited:

COVID Data Tracker

I'm attaching a screenshot. It says exactly what the OP claims. I'm a bit shocked myself.

Attachments

• 20220407_201054.jpg
    20220407_201054.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 46
COVID Data Tracker
In comparison, this is from the CDC. March 17, 2022
Summary
  • People who were unvaccinated had a greater risk of testing positive for COVID-19 and a greater risk of dying from COVID-19 than people who were vaccinated with a primary series (see below for the most recent rates).
  • Unvaccinated people in all age groups had higher case and death rates than people vaccinated with a primary series in the same age groups.
  • Case and death rates for people vaccinated with a primary series of any vaccine type (Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine) were lower than for unvaccinated people.
  • People who were vaccinated with a primary series and an additional or booster dose had lower case rates overall compared with those without an additional or booster dose. Both of these groups had lower risk of testing positive for COVID-19 and a lower risk of dying from COVID-19 compared with people who were unvaccinated.
  • Possible differences in testing, immunity from prior infection, waning of vaccine-derived immunity, or prevention behaviors by age and vaccination status might partly explain differences in rates between groups; trends are likely affected by temporal changes in testing or reporting.

In Louisiana 51% of the deaths between 3/24 and 3/30 were people that were not fully vaccinated. That means 49% of the deaths were people that were fully vaccinated. These numbers are typical on a week to week basis in LA. Those odds are not good. IMO

I'm attaching a screenshot. It says exactly what the OP claims. I'm a bit shocked myself.

But also on that chart from Louisiana, it says that 79% of Covid cases in Louisiana are among the UNvaccinated.

It still seems to me that if Covid cases were 79% more of the unvaccinated population vs. 21% of the vaccinated population, that vaccines are doing their job. If you don't get Covid, you won't die of Covid.

I'm from Louisiana and I worry about our vaccination rates and death rates of vaccinated vs not vaccinated. Unfortunately, I don't have data to compare to other states.

I really don't get how it was "Covid" everything, then, it seemed like, boom, throw away your mask, everything is fine.

Our state is not even 50% vaccinated. But apparently the Covid rate is low...

Covid cases in the UK have been very high over the past few weeks, and the US tends to follow their trend IMO. Free NHS testing for most people ended on April 1st, so there are probably MANY cases that are now going unreported. I have a close relative there, in a high risk group, who has just got Covid after successfully avoiding it for over 2 years :-(

<RSBM>

It still seems to me that if Covid cases were 79% more of the unvaccinated population vs. 21% of the vaccinated population, that vaccines are doing their job. If you don't get Covid, you won't die of Covid.

I think the vaccines are doing an amazing job.

In our state of NSW (the best stats and our biggest state population), they have a 94% fully vaxxed rate - so naturally the people who contract covid or die from covid are often vaxxed people having breakthrough cases.

Having said that, over 2½ months of Omicron they have had 1,060 deaths out of 660,557 covid infections in a population of 8.2M.

That is a percentage of 0.0016% deaths among infected people.
I guess that is considered 'acceptable' and endemic. imo

az.jpg

Australia COVID: How many people are still dying? Is vaccination making a difference?
(You can sign up for a free account to read the article.)

Last edited:
I think the vaccines are doing an amazing job.

In our state of NSW (the best stats and our biggest state population), they have a 94% fully vaxxed rate - so naturally the people who contract covid or die from covid are often vaxxed people having breakthrough cases.

Having said that, over 2½ months of Omicron they have had 1,060 deaths out of 660,557 covid infections in a population of 8.2M.

That is a percentage of 0.0016% deaths among infected people.
I guess that is considered 'acceptable' and endemic. imo

View attachment 339385

Australia COVID: How many people are still dying? Is vaccination making a difference?
(You can sign up for a free account to read the article.)

Correction: Just want to add that is .16% deaths among covid infected people. ^^^

(Didn't mean to put the percentage symbol in the first post - it should have been just 0.0016)

Will everyone need an annual Covid-19 booster? - CNN

Helpful (IMO) interview with Dr. Leana Wen.
Excerpt:
CNN: If people are eligible for boosters now, should they get them, or should they wait?
Wen: It depends on the individual's medical circumstance and how much they are willing to give up to avoid Covid-19, as I mentioned in our CNN Q&A last week. Someone who is over age 65 and/or immunocompromised should probably get the additional booster now.

On the other hand, someone who is between ages 50 and 65, with no medical problems and recently had an Omicron infection, could probably wait. Some people might defer an additional booster as long as they are well-protected against severe illness. Others want to avoid any infection, even mild and asymptomatic infections. These are all personal decisions to be made in consultation with your medical provider.

CNN: What's your booster advice for people under 50? Should people get their first booster? And should they go for their second?
Wen: Everyone should get their first booster if eligible. The question of the second booster is more complex. If the person is under 50 and moderately or severely immunocompromised, they should also get their second booster. Another group that should get their second booster, even if they are under 50, are those who received two doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, and it's been at least four months since their last dose. All other groups under 50 are not eligible to receive their second booster at this time and should not go for their second.

I got Moderna. It's the same one I've had for all my injections so I figure I'll stick with it. :)
I need to get a booster and I had Pfizer for my original injections so I was planning to get that as my booster, but I'm wondering if it's better (or worse...or makes no difference) to get Moderna instead. I did fairly well on Pfizer, but my daughter (age 20) was down and out for a solid 2 days. She needs her booster as well. DH had Moderna for first 2 as well as his booster and will probably get Moderna again.

I got Moderna. It's the same one I've had for all my injections so I figure I'll stick with it. :)

Maybe you can explain this to me, the other day Nancy Pelosi tested positive for Covid. She had been in close contact with President Biden, for longer than 15 minutes. But the CDC says that she is NOT considered a "contact"?

Do they just keep moving the goal posts on Covid? Or is it because President Biden has been vaccinated? But so has Nancy Pelosi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid