Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The requirement to wear masks was dropped here (Ireland) in February but in my experience most people still wear them in public places. I continue to wear mine and I'm grateful that most others do. I would find it a bit stressful to be in a place where most people were unmasked. But they still provide decent protection even if others aren't wearing them. We still have to wear masks on most airline routes here as far as I know although that is up for debate now due to the recent US decision and I think the UK no longer requires them. It's hard to keep up with the changes but most people seem to err on the side of caution and just wear them.

Same here. Our mask requirement was dropped (other than public transport, airports, and medical facilites) just before Easter. I have been to the shops twice since then, and it seems that 98% of the people are still wearing masks at the shops. I think the requirement was dropped before most people felt comfortable without a mask.

Our shops and other facilities still do have the choice on whether or not they require masks of their staff and/or customers.
I read a report by a cafe owner who is still requiring masks of his staff - because he said he doesn't need all of his staff coming down with covid. It would make his small business virtually inoperable.
And I notice that in the 3 bakeries I have been into, the staff are still wearing masks (one girl told me that it is the owner's decision, and she is good with it).

On China’s border with Vietnam, a gaggle of about 500 geese stand guard, ready to honk at or bite anyone who tries to enter illegally.

Since October 2021, the Chinese government has deployed this so-called “geese army” across 300 miles of China’s Chongzuo Prefecture in an effort to stop the coronavirus from entering China via illegal immigration. Chinese domestic geese need no training; once they establish their territory, the five-pound birds defend it fiercely.

Reinforcing this feathered garrison are about 400 mixed-breed guard dogs, which accompany border police on patrol while the birds keep stationary watch. Together the interspecies team is key in maintaining China’s zero-COVID policy, which aims to eliminate the virus from within the country.

And guard geese may be helping: In December 2021, a goose allegedly honked the alarm to help catch two people illegally crossing the border, according to the state-funded news website The Paper.

Why China is using guard geese to uphold its zero-COVID policy

Am I so totally anti social, that I miss the Pandemic and Social Distancing? For two years, total bliss. No one came over. We didn't have to go anywhere.

At work, I stayed in my office. If we had a meeting I didn't need to leave my desk. No one ever bothered me. Even worse, we are having a "pot luck" party next week.

Dang.

Last edited:
Am I so totally anti social, that I miss the Pandemic and Social Distancing? For two years, total bliss. No one came over. We didn't have to go anywhere.

At work, I stayed in my office. If we had a meeting I didn't need to leave my desk. No one ever bothered me. Even worse, we are having a "pot luck" party next week.

Dang.
Lol, You’re not alone. It made life so much simpler.
I went in a store a few weeks ago, and this pushy salesman was trying too hard to sell me some carpet. She was all in my space, right on my tale and in my face, (no mask), while the old song lyrics ran through my mind , “ get back, get back, get back to where you once belonged”.
Seriously, what the heck happened to social distancing. How did it end so abruptly? I can’t stand strange people breathing on me anyway!

Dang.

I hear ya!!! I will not miss the pandemic, but it made social
life a lot simpler---I think I have become more reclusive and I
am ok with that

Well we are on our way back to michigan after wintering in Florida-
yesterday was the day from hell--we got caught in a horrible traffic
jam on I 75 near Tampa--we spent 2 hours in that horrid.situation.

Today so far no traffic problems!!!

Anyone ever been to Buckees gas station and convenience store??
What a place that is--- 80 gas pumps, and there is fresh meat like
pulled pork which they cook in front of you---and the restrooms
are amazing--private stalls and so clean!!

Have a safe trip back to Michigan. It is going to be 80* here today and tomorrow :) It will cool off again next week, but I think winter is behind us.

Have a safe trip back to Michigan. It is going to be 80* here today and tomorrow :) It will cool off again next week, but I think winter is behind us.

It is nice to come home to beautiful weather--I know it is
going to get colder, but I think spring has finally sprung!

Buc-ee’s is absolutely the best!
Lots of travel snacks. The fudge.
The tie dye T-shirt’s with the Buc-ee’s Beaver logo.
Always the cleanest bathrooms.

Buc-ee's, the convenience-store chain with a cult following and 'world-famous' bathrooms, is growing outside of Texas for the first time. Here's what its stores are like to visit.
:)

Dang.
A coworker calls it “selective socializing” lol.

Buc-ee’s is absolutely the best!
Lots of travel snacks. The fudge.
The tie dye T-shirt’s with the Buc-ee’s Beaver logo.
Always the cleanest bathrooms.

Buc-ee's, the convenience-store chain with a cult following and 'world-famous' bathrooms, is growing outside of Texas for the first time. Here's what its stores are like to visit.
:)

Buckees is an experience----i bought fudge which i cannot wait to
break into as soon as I get home--there is nothing quite like it

Dang.

I swear I nearly had a breakdown in 2020. "Not made for pandemics" is my new tag line. It was horrible.

LA company allegedly faked COVID test results; agrees to pay $22.5 million

A complaint alleged that the company, which did business under the name "Sameday Health," falsely advertised that it could deliver test results in 24 hours despite knowing it was not capable of doing so, according to a press release from Los Angeles City Attorney Mike Feuer.

When that promise could not be fulfilled, the company allegedly forged the results for at least 500 customers by tampering with old PDF lab reports and in some cases sent the fake results to customers before their samples had even been delivered to a lab for testing.

In some cases, customers allegedly received "negative" test results without the company having any way of knowing if that was actually the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi