Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN WARNING:

Some members are contributing interesting information about supplements and herbal remedies they themselves have taken and they feel have been beneficial for them. This is NOT to be misinterpreted in any way as dispensing medical advice by the member or by Websleuths.

If you find their posts of interest, to be on the safe side please make sure you check out ALL related information about any benefits, side effects, and/or contraindications associated with any drugs or natural remedies that are discussed in this thread.

Here's to good health !!

Summary of latest Coronavirus news
  • States of emergency have been declared in Michigan and Massachusetts, as the number of Covid-19 cases in the US passed 1000.
  • The Bank of England cut its base rate by 0.5% in a move to stimulate the economy in response to the virus outbreak.
  • China has reported only 24 new cases and 22 new deaths nationally, including a record low of new cases in Wuhan (13). Lockdowns have been partially lifted in the Hubei province, and key industries will be allowed to resume in Wuhan.
  • Australia announced a ban on people arriving from Italy.
  • Three Formula One team members in Melbourne for the Australian Grand Prix have been told to self-isolate as they await test results for Covid-19.
  • South Korea reported 242 new cases of Covid-19.
  • A Premier League match between Arsenal and Manchester City has been postponed after an unspecified number of Arsenal players were told to go into self-isolation.
  • Italy recorded its highest one day death toll since the outbreak began, with 168 deaths recorded in 24 hours.
  • Coronavirus live updates: three F1 team members isolated at Australian Grand Prix while Indonesia confirms first death

ADMIN WARNING:

Some members are contributing interesting information about supplements and herbal remedies they themselves have taken and they feel have been beneficial for them. This is NOT to be misinterpreted in any way as dispensing medical advice by the member or by Websleuths.

If you find their posts of interest, to be on the safe side please make sure you check out ALL related information about any benefits, side effects, and/or contraindications associated with any drugs or natural remedies that are discussed in this thread.

Here's to good health !!
This is exactly right. No way are we in any way considering this "medical advice" . This information is only provided from our own experiences, and what little data there is out there to substantiate it. It's all up to you. As far as Sambacol is concerned, it has very few if any risk factors. But for sure, if you have any health concerns , you should research that and consult with your phyiscian before integrating it into your health care regimen. It's very important that you consider all of your health care issues, and deteremine with the assistance of your health care provider what your best choices are. Thank you

If previous stories about Italy choosing to treat the younger people, and telling the elderly to just stay home are true, this might be the result.

MOO

What shocks me is how relatively low confirmed cases have got their health system to the point of having to make these awful decisions where they have to focus on the ones they can save instead of being able to give the same attention to everyone :(

What shocks me is how relatively low confirmed cases have got their health system to the point of having to make these awful decisions where they have to focus on the ones they can save instead of being able to give the same attention to everyone :(
I think the problem is that there are a great number of cases in a (relatively) small area, with a large population at the moment. They have the number of hospitals and the number of ICU beds they have, and have to do the best of the situation. They can't send patients to other parts of the country, as that might risk spreading the virus quicker, and the other hospitals will most likely need their capacity when they get their own cases.

That's excellent! That means that medical supply manufacturing in China did not stop during their outbreak.

I believe some of the factories that normally made cars or things switched over to Covid-19 production items. Outside of Hubei there were relatively few cases in China...but that was due to the strict social distancing measures and having Hubei cut off from the rest of the country.

2 weeks??
My husband went yesterday and they called him in early due to cancelations. His crown fell off.
He took my 85 to MIL today for a routine cleaning. She just finished a year of chemo and radiation for breast cancer in February.
I told him I highly didn't recommend she go.
She said she's not changing anything.
Going to go her prolia shot next week.
I inherited primary immune deficiency and I have been home the last 6 days self isolating.
It's really bugging me that she's dragging my husband into hospitals and parking decks of large medical offices. He isnt going to tell her no.
~but, what do I know!
Moo

I think things like that are a bit of a conundrum. It's easier to put off a cleaning than treatment for an infected tooth that itself could become a bigger health issue if not treated. And waiting for the Covid-19 cases to go up and dentist surgeries to be closed down, vs going now, is a difficult decision.

But unlike the hairdressers or similar, the dentist wears a mask, all their equipment is sterlised or thrown out between patients.

I wonder how they'd feel about people calling in on the morning of their appointment to ask if any of the staff have a cough?

An ER doctor friend sent me these two articles as the best explainer for why mass gatherings should be cancelled. You are ruling out the potential for one person to infect thousands - who, while they may be healthy, can each spread it to vulnerable people. When this happens rapidly, it overwhelms the healthcare system. There are only so many ICU beds and ventilators in the country.

How canceled events and self-quarantines save lives, in one chart

Cancel Everything

Containment is the only way to stop transmission. China proved this, as other outbreaks have as well. Italy on lock down. NY city has "semi" quarantined a neighborhood, colleges are closing, events are being cancelled, employees working from home. Some folks are listening.

We don't won't to hear this. We want a pill, mask or vaccine and continue on our merry way. This will be the first experience of a pandemic touching our lives, for most of us.

i am just trying to figure out simple stuff, like should my husband and i go out
for breakfast- we are in our 70s. with medical conditions---i have asthma and he has
hypertension--- i love going out for breakfast-- i heard today a waitress at a waffle house,
maybe in Kentucky, tested positive for Covid --- i also heard an employee at a walmart
tested positive as well----we go to walmart quite a bit here in Florida--- it is hard to
just stay home all the time----

i dont plan to take a cruise or fly -- i just want to do some routine stuff but
as we know the threat of this deadly virus must be considered when making
plans

Much like with the regular flu or colds, restaurant workers do pass many germs. Most have to work, well or sick, employees pressure staff to come in. My local mom and pops of 50 years had the whole family working with respiratory bronchitis. I picked up my call in order, not knowing, threw it away and made a peanut butter sandwich.

Yes, its tuff being confined to home, but its better than a hospital. Hopefully, this will be contained within a few months and our lives will return to normal.

Please, consider minimizing your risk. You do have control over your risk.
MOO...

I hear ya, but who is to say the students have even been exposed. Most are likely healthy. Just seems like a waste to hunker down for weeks in the prime of life.....when you're perfectly healthy and well.

But, if keeping healthy people at home for a few weeks keeps other people healthy, well then, let's go for it.

I know I sound snarky and I really am not. Just baffled by just about everything with this virus. :)

jmo

The problem that I am reading from the college alerts are that students AND staff have upcoming spring break and most will travel either home or to vacation destinations. The schools are afraid the students or staff will acquire the virus and bring it back to campus.

Holidays around the world have been postponed and cancelled as coronavirus continues to spread globally.

British Airways has cancelled all flights to Italy and Qantas has slashed 25 per cent of its international flights. Meanwhile more new cases have been reported in Cyprus and Spain as the outbreak continues, The Sun reports.

But there are still a number of destinations tourists can travel to which currently have no reported cases of the infectious virus.
Coronavirus-free holiday destinations around the world

Attachments

• D778F79C-E57B-4156-9FAD-6207057BD4BF.jpeg
    D778F79C-E57B-4156-9FAD-6207057BD4BF.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 6
'Fatalities up by 26% worldwide'

According to Reuters, fatalities were up by more than 26 per cent globally by 2am today compared to the same time a day earlier.

The news agency's latest tally showed there were more than 119,000 cases of coronavirus worldwide and 4,296 deaths linked to the virus as of 2am GMT today.

This is an increase of about 5,000 cases from the same time on Tuesday, when there were 114,300 cases and 4,026 deaths.

The death toll in Italy jumped by 168 to 631 on Tuesday - an increase of 36 per cent, which is the largest rise in absolute numbers since the contagion came to light on 21 February.

UK braces for surge in coronavirus infections as health minister tests positive - follow live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds