Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Orleans is the only parish showing community spread. I am going to see if I can give you the parishes of the individuals who were added to the list today..

Iberia. Lafouche and Caddo are today as well as the original locations Orleans, Jefferson and St. Tammany Parishes.

New Orleans News, Weather and Sports - Louisiana News - WDSU Channel 6

Last edited:
I had a little panic attack today. I was told I was blowing things out of proportion, but I just can't help it. :( My daughter came home from (elementary) school today and happily exclaimed that her good friend is back from his trip to Florida. Our government is telling people that it's fine to travel and fine to resume schooling unless you're feeling sick. So the kid and his parents didn't do anything wrong...but...my anxiety kicked in. Big time.

Bay Area coronavirus updates: 3 TSA workers at San Jose airport test positive

"Screening checkpoints remain open and the agency is working with the CDC, as well as the California Department of Public Health and the Santa Clara County Public Health Department to monitor the situation as well as the health and safety of our employees and the traveling public. We will update as more information becomes available," TSA said in a statement.

—-

“Santa Clara County’s top public health official said the strategy to battle the spread of coronavirus in the South Bay is shifting from “containment to mitigation.”

Dr. Sara Cody, the public health director, said the COVID-19 outbreak has been developing at such a rapid pace that her department has had to revise response plans day by day, sometimes as often as every six hours.”

Santa Clara County Rolls Out New Mitigation Strategies To Fight Spread Of Coronavirus

—-

"”This is all hands on deck," Cody said. "We each have a role to play. We need everyone coming together and doing everything they can. And I think what's extraordinarily difficult but so important is … that we stay calm, and we stay unified, and we minimize the chaos as much as possible."”

Santa Clara County Extends Emergency Declaration as Coronavirus Spreads

—-

Coronavirus: SF Bans Large Group Events, Including Warriors, Giants Games

Saudi Arabia has reported 24 new coronavirus cases, bringing the kingdom’s total to 45, the state news agency reported, citing the health ministry. It added that one patient has recovered.

According to the report, the 24 new cases include two people who just came back from Iraq, a 12-year-old Saudi child who was in contact with her grandfather who came back from Iran, and 21 Egyptians who had contact with an Egyptian visitor previously reported to have the coronavirus.

Coronavirus live updates: WHO declares pandemic as Italy extends lockdown measures

Would this prevent it?

Exclusive: White House told federal health agency to classify coronavirus deliberations - sources
The officials said that dozens of classified discussions about such topics as the scope of infections, quarantines and travel restrictions have been held since mid-January in a high-security meeting room at the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), a key player in the fight against the coronavirus.

The President will address the nation from the Oval Office at 9:00PM (EDT).

Iran’s senior vice president and two other cabinet members have contracted the new coronavirus, a semiofficial news agency reported Wednesday as the death toll in the Islamic Republic from the outbreak rose by 62 to 354.

The report by the Fars news agency, believed to be close to Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard, comes as President Hassan Rouhani took control of the country’s much-criticized response to the virus and the COVID-19 illness it causes.

Authorities announced that there were some 9,000 confirmed cases of the virus across Iran.
Iran’s VP, cabinet members have virus

All the politicians who stood around claiming the virus is nothing to worry about are the ones who are sick today.

I had a little panic attack today. I was told I was blowing things out of proportion, but I just can't help it. :( My daughter came home from (elementary) school today and happily exclaimed that her good friend is back from his trip to Florida. Our government is telling people that it's fine to travel and fine to resume schooling unless you're feeling sick. So the kid and his parents didn't do anything wrong...but...my anxiety kicked in. Big time.

You are not blowing things out of proportion. What people don’t understand is that people are getting sick with coronavirus ALL AT ONCE. There are only a certain number of hospital beds and ventilators in the country. If more people are sick *at the same time* than there are beds available, what happens to the overflow of people? That’s what is happening in Italy. That’s why this is so serious.

“Young and healthy” people need to think about what is going to happen if they’re in a car accident and there are no beds available in the hospital to treat them. It’s maddening.

I bet a lot of us had novel Corona and recovered, thinking we had a cold or flu. I don’t fear it, I fear the unknowns.....
The things we are asked to do seem no dif’ than what we normally do during flu season.
I’m most curious how many X one might be able to contract it. If one has a mild case, requiring no medical intervention, will they get it again once they resume normal activity? No one seems to know.
Some of the advice makes little sense, like going to the grocery at off hours. Perfect. So everyone goes at off hours, what then? Limiting groups to 250 or less might cause more small functions so the same number of people are out, just spread put more. Smh.....
Too many unknowns.

✔@petermarksdrama

14th Street N & R station, Wed. 1:45 PM. (NYC Subway)

ES2Jcf0WAAAFChI
Speaks volumes.

Are women and children less likely to catch coronavirus?
There are two ways of explaining the findings.

Either these groups are less likely to be infected in the first place, or their bodies are more able to cope with the virus.

"Normally with new viruses circulating, everybody gets infected: that's the important point," says Dr Bharat Pankhania, from the University of Exeter.

This is because there is no immunity to the virus as nobody has been exposed to it before.

However, in the very early stages of an outbreak children may be less likely to catch the virus.
Coronavirus: Are women and children less affected?

I've been out for several hours and have many pages of catching up to do. My apologies if this has already been shared.

Michigan coronavirus patient being treated at U-M Hospital in Ann Arbor

Patient in ‘stable condition’

DETROIT – The state of Michigan has confirmed its first cases of the new coronavirus, COVID-19. One is being treated in Ann Arbor.

Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced the first cases during a press conference late Tuesday night in Lansing. The two cases are in Oakland and Wayne counties.

The Oakland County woman had traveled internationally. The Wayne County man had traveled domestically. Both are hospitalized. Both were described as “middle-aged."...

where did you go and were you worried about catching it at all?

This thread has reached its limit and will be closed. Please continue here:

Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

In the meantime, our old friend Ben the Irishman from Wuhan posted a video today with some words of encouragement and his experience and advice during this pandemic:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member