Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coronavirus Update: 31 positive cases of COVID-19 on Long Island

“NEW YORK (WABC) -- There are 31 positive cases of coronavirus on Long Island as of Wednesday, according to officials.

Nassau County Executive Laura Curran reported that 25 people in the county have tested positive for coronavirus, with six new cases.

Twenty of the positive cases are in the Town of Hempstead, along with two in the Town of North Hempstead and three in the Town of Oyster Bay.”

LATEST: COVID-19 cases rise to 121 in Westchester; 6 courtrooms closed for cleaning

“The number of known cases of COVID-19 in Westchester rose to 121 on Wednesday and 212 statewide, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced at a news conference this afternoon.
The governor also reported that an attorney who worked at the Westchester County Courthouse in White Plains tested positive for the virus. Six courtrooms in the building are closed for cleaning as a result. Cuomo said other attorneys who had contact with the infected attorney are on precautionary quarantine.”

—-

Portland-Area Officials Are Preparing Two Shelters for Homeless People, Expecting More COVID-19 Cases
March 10, 2020

NBC NEWS: The attending physician of the U.S. Congress & Supreme Court, Dr. Brian Monahan, briefed Senate Staff yesterday in a closed-door meeting that he expects anywhere from 70 up to 150 million people in the U.S. to contract coronavirus, per two sources @JulieNBCNews
Michael Del Moro on Twitter

National population is around 327 million people - not everyone will die from it - those most susceptible are those with compromised immune systems, overall health condition, and the elderly.

How deadly is the coronavirus?

And deaths were at least five times more common among people with diabetes, high blood pressure or heart or breathing problems.

Stopping in to say hello and hope we are all doing okay-it's happening, what most of us have been saying since day 1. The pandemic. Unreal. Looking forward to all of us sticking together to continue sharing important info and keeping one another sane during this stretch of insanity,unlike anything we have ever experienced. Peace and great health to you all. ....MOO

Peace and great health to you too SAMS.

In a way, those of us following along since day 1 in China are the Chen Qiushi’s of the western world.

Stay safe everyone. :(

These are the confirmed COVID-19 cases in Dallas-Fort Worth

——

Officials say Houston area has its first community spread case of COVID-19

“Harris County and Houston officials said that the region has its first case of community spread COVID-19 in a press conference in which a health emergency and closure of the Rodeo were also announced.”

—-

Houston mayor declares state of disaster
[5:20 p.m.]: Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner has signed an order declaring a local state of disaster in the city, according to the Houston Chronicle. The order lasts seven days. The Houston area has the most cases of coronavirus in the state and Montgomery County, north of the city, has what could be the first instance of "community spread" of the virus. — Patrick Svitek

Coronavirus updates in Texas: March Madness without fans, a pandemic declaration and more

Anyone else feeling psychosomatic flu-like symptoms right now? :confused:

The funniest thing for me anyways - I'm employed with a B2B publisher, healthcare division, so it's impossible for a day to go by without my being exposed to at least one article on coronavirus for professionals in the healthcare industry.

For example, my earlier post on the cancellation of HIMSS 2020 which is a major healthcare industry event.

It is true I have been washing my hands more often, especially after coming home from work, Publix, wherever.

Mentally though I have not been all that preoccupied with coronavirus.

Denmark becomes second country in Europe to go on coronavirus lockdown as Prime Minister announces all schools, kindergartens and universities are to close for two weeks

Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen declared that all Danish schools, universities, and kindergartens will be shut for two weeks to slow the spread of the bug.

Tough new measures will also include banning indoor events with 100 or more participants, and sending non-critical public sector employees home.

Denmark goes on coronavirus lockdown | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member