Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There have not been any reported cases in Murray county. Maybe the relative is in another location?

I hope there is not a tie to the people that came to Georgia from that Grand Princess Cruise ship that was finally allowed to disembark in West Oakland, California.

Yesterday we heard they flew over 100 people from that cruise ship to a base in Georgia and a small number of them were Georgians and are supposedly allowed to self quarantine in their Georgia home until they are sure nobody has the virus.

Not sure if they actually arrived there yet but here is one link about it.

"Dozens of passengers from the Grand Princess Cruise ship are expected to arrive in Georgia shortly. Thirty-four passengers are from Georgia. The 34 and the others who are from states in the eastern part of the country are headed to Dobbins Air Reserve Base"

"Once the Georgia residents are cleared at Dobbins they will be allowed to go to their own homes where they will be monitored by the Georgia Department of Public Health."

Cruise ship passengers flying into Dobbins ARB to be tested, quarantined for coronavirus

The bottom line is that it is unlikely that #SARSCoV2 #HCoV19 #COVID19 #coronavirus remains infectious for many days or weeks at a time on surfaces and in the environment. Infectivity of aerosolized virus is reduced in hours.

Neither virus lasted very long on copper. Interestingly, however, SARS-CoV-2/HCoV-19/COVID-19 lasted longer on cardboard compared to original recipe SARS (24 h vs 8 h). SARS-CoV-2 has a significantly longer half-life on cardboard, as determined by a Bayesian regression model.

Still, no virus was detected after 24 h, suggesting that HCoV-19 doesn't last more than a day on cardboard. People who are concerned about receiving packages should take note. People who handle packages/delivery people should take extra hand hygiene/protection precautions.

Furthermore, both viruses also showed a 3-log decrease in infectious virus on stainless steel and plastic surfaces after 48-72 hours. This suggests that, while viruses can stay on some surfaces for days, their infectious titer is greatly reduced (1000-fold).

Dr. Angela Rasmussen on Twitter

Think about adding some sweet potatoes to your shopping list. And maybe a parsley plant. I figure if it comes down to it and I’m afraid to go by fresh vegetables because someone may have coughed on them I can at least eat some parsley from my garden it stays green all year.
Sweet P's are my cheat once a mth. YUM

I've just been informed my daughter is in ICU at UT southwestern in full DKA ( she's diabetic) so I have to go there she said there are people waiting to be tested in the LOBBY per the nurse she talked to in intake WTF! I'm suiting up and terrifies for her shes 5'11 and not much over 115 lbs!

I’m so sorry to hear this - prayers to you and your daughter

Finally!
Transition Plan Summary:

• March 12 – voluntary but encouraged virtual instruction begins.
  • March 17 and March 18 – virtual instruction mandatory for technical trial.
  • March 19 and 20 – voluntary but encouraged virtual instruction resumes.
  • March 23 and March 24 – two non-instructional days to adjust and prepare.
  • March 25 through April 26 – virtual instruction mandatory.
Email to Faculty, Staff and Students: CSUF Plan to Transition to Virtual Instruction | Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information

GEORGIA

The Cobb County School District has confirmed a positive case of coronavirus at an elementary school.

The district said the Department of Public Health informed them of a positive case of the virus at Kincaid Elementary School in Marietta. As a result, the school will be closed for the next 14 days, staring on March 12. The district is not sharing specifics about the case, citing federal privacy laws.

Case of coronavirus confirmed at Cobb elementary school

Just listening to a client in talking to my boss...he's going on a cruise because 'the rates are cheap, the boats are going to be squeaky clean and mostly empty" Biting my tongue in the other room...I don't want to share a planet with these folks anymore...

I’ve mentioned that I have mild asthma and haven’t used inhalers for a couple of years. Getting allergies under control has helped. However, I called my pulmonologist’s office this morning to ask if it would be wise to start using them now to sort of have my lungs in better shape in case I end up getting coronavirus. I just got a call back that he does think it’s a good idea, so I’m glad I checked.

ETA: I said I hoped they were taking coronavirus seriously, even though we only have 2 confirmed cases in our county...so far...and not waiting until it gets worse when testing picks up. She said “Oh yes. Absolutely.”

Last edited:
BBM:

Coronavirus Update: 33 Cases Confirmed In Colorado

DENVER (CBS4)There are now 33 presumptive positive coronavirus cases in Colorado as of Wednesday afternoon. The total includes two cases from Jefferson County, and nine cases from Pitkin County.

The confirmed cases by counties in Colorado:

Denver- 6
Douglas County- 3
Eagle County- 4
El Paso County- 1
Summit County- 1
Larimer County- 1
Arapahoe County- 3
Jefferson County- 3
Pitkin County- 9
Gunnison County- 2

Last edited:
I'm surprised Disney World has not been closed due to coronavirus.

Taking into consideration the Florida state population of 21 million people - this number does not include "snowbirds" nor tourists, and the number of people who have contracted coronavirus (28 people)

Here’s what we know about the coronavirus cases in Florida

it may seem like a lot of coronavirus victims for one state - as densely populated as Florida is in some areas like Sarasota County - unfortunately that number can rise due to permanent residents travelling (there is in fact a lot of money in the county where I live; I know four people who travelled to Italy last year, three people who travelled to France, one who travelled to Germany, France, and Poland).

Coronavirus won't do anything about the volume of traffic on Tamiami Trail (Rt 41) nor I-95.

I too am surprised Disney World and Land aren’t closed. I think it’s only a matter of time. The “pandemic” declaration will change things I think. I predict closed by end of week.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member