Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about adding some sweet potatoes to your shopping list. And maybe a parsley plant. I figure if it comes down to it and I’m afraid to go by fresh vegetables because someone may have coughed on them I can at least eat some parsley from my garden it stays green all year.
Sweet potatoes. Splendard idea. They keep for long periods of time and can be used in lots of recipes. Spring is here in NM, so time for lots of herb plants on the porch. oh...lemons and limes add lots of flavor to dishes and last for a decent amount of time.

]Cellphones!! I was looking at everyone in Panera today and they were hands to food and hands to phone and or laptop. Phone goes on table and back in hand. I’ve been wiping mine down as often as possible.[/QUOTE]
Every time I get home from being out I spray my phone with rubbing alcohol. Wait a few seconds and then wipe it off. I did just read that rubbing alcohol can be bad for the screen but it has not damaged mine so far and I will continue to do it. I spray my car keys my wallet because of cash. The only thing it doesn’t get sprayed down is my dogs. My man has not been dipped in purel yet but it could happen!

CDC’s recommendations for 30 day Mitigation Strategies for Santa Clara County, California, based on current situation with COVID-19 Transmission and affected health care facilities

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/Santa-Clara_Community_Mitigation.pdf

—-

CDC’s Recommendations for the next 30 days of Mitigation Strategies for Seattle-King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties based on current situation with widespread COVID-19 transmission and affected health care facilities
Note: Seattle-King and Pierce County has recently implemented many interventions consistent with CDC’s recently posted guidance:
(My note, CDC has link error)

The following describes CDC recommendations for evidence-base community interventions for the situation in King and Pierce Counties and will be the roadmap for other counties as needed.
Bottom Line Up Front:
Due to widespread transmission in Seattle, Washington, CDC recommends extensive community mitigation activities to support slowing the spread of respiratory virus infections. These approaches are used to minimize morbidity and mortality caused by COVID-19 and minimize social and economic impacts of COVID-19. Individuals, communities, businesses, and healthcare organizations are all part of a community mitigation strategy. Given the widespread community transmission in Seattle, WA, and the extensive involvement of health care facilities, especially nursing facilities at the epicenter, substantial interventions for both community (Table) and health care settings (appendix A) should be implemented at this time, based on the urgency of protecting the health care system with expected rise in cases by slowing the spread within the community.

More at link
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/Seattle_Community_Mitigation.pdf

Stopping in to say hello and hope we are all doing okay-it's happening, what most of us have been saying since day 1. The pandemic. Unreal. Looking forward to all of us sticking together to continue sharing important info and keeping one another sane during this stretch of insanity,unlike anything we have ever experienced. Peace and great health to you all. ....MOO
I'm happy now I stocked up on food and cleaning supplies (and TP). Some people I told rolled their eyes at me a week ago..

I spent my first 60 years in Southern California, and learned early on to be prepared due to potential earthquake. Have had emergency kits for years, but abut 2 months ago, began to beef up mine with canned foods, extra meds, tp, ppr towels, etc. NOT a hoarder tho! LOL

I now live in ID, and although we don't (as far as I know) have any positive test cases, you know doggone well they're out there. Lots of farming communities here, many w/o ins. and probably not realizing what they have is Covid-19.

ID is not a legal state for recreational pot (good!), but OR is. LOTS of folks drive the relatively short distance (from Boise) to stock up. Am quite sure we'll see some of our first big outbreaks via that.

Cannot begin to tell you the lackadaisical attitude here about this. Have a feeling that when all comes to light, we'll be shocked.

I have become a germaphobe and am proud of it!

why Jasmine rice as opposed to other kinds of rice? just curious
Many folks, including me, particularly enjoy the flavor of jasmine rice.
Jasmine rice is originally from Thailand and is commonly used in Southeast Asian cooking. This is a long grain variety of rice that has a subtle floral aroma and a soft, sticky texture when cooked. The grains are also shorter and thicker than basmati rice.

In Sydney, Australia’s most populous city and the centre of the Australian outbreak of Covid-19, the premier of New South Wales has just announced there are now 77 cases across that state, out of 128 in Australia.

Most of the cases are patients who have travelled overseas or who have had close contact with a confirmed case in Australia.

Coronavirus live updates: WHO declares pandemic as Italy extends lockdown measures

If its Something In the Water event...well...there is a lot of talk now about cancelling or rescheduling it.....maybe you won't have to worry about it! I live in the area and I forsee it being postponed....MOO
Yes, it is. The responsible thing to do would be to postpone...I’m constantly checking for updates. 60,000 people! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot