Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OLYMPIA, WA – Thurston County Public Health and Social Services (PHSS) has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in a resident of Thurston County. PHSS is working to identify and contact all those who may have come in contact with the confirmed case. These individuals will be given additional guidance. The investigation is ongoing. Details that can be provided to the public will be shared as we learn more. A press conference may be scheduled, if additional details warrant.

Thurston County | Home | News Release Detail

Stopping in to say hello and hope we are all doing okay-it's happening, what most of us have been saying since day 1. The pandemic. Unreal. Looking forward to all of us sticking together to continue sharing important info and keeping one another sane during this stretch of insanity,unlike anything we have ever experienced. Peace and great health to you all. ....MOO

Normalcy bias is a psychological state of denial people enter in the event of a disaster, as a result of which they underestimate the possibility of the disaster actually happening, and its effects on their life and property. Their denial is based on the assumption that if the disaster has not occurred until now, it will never occur.

everyone I know

American on coronavirus lockdown in Italy: 'It's surreal. It's dystopian.'

From the American on "lockdown" in Italy:

"Each of you, today, not the government, not the school district, not the mayor, each individual citizen has the chance, today to take actions that will deter the Italian situation from becoming your own country’s reality," she wrote. "The only way to limit contagion is for millions of people to change their behavior today."

First case/s in my state of New Mexico today. Three confirmed. Two traveled in Egypt, one in New York. They all live north of me and are self- quarantined. One final trip to Walmart and I'm on lock-down.
Omg do people still eat buffet style? Nothing nastier, imo.
There are still buffets? Worse.....there are still people eating from buffets??? Just can't imagine. Stay at home. If ya can't roast a chicken and potatoes, buy canned soup and chile.

I prepared for my family. I had less time than the government did and far less resources. Now I'm back to my original fears that no matter how much I prepped if we end up sick I or other family members will end up dead because the medical system is not prepared to handle this.
Remember, as it stands right now, most people don’t require medical intervention. If anyone feels ill, it is best to stay home. I don’t think self isolation means being alone 24/7, either. I’m in self quarantine but I do have friends that drop in, we maintain a reasonable distance between us & we refrain from sneezing and coughing at each other. What I am not doing is going in public other than one quick trip to the store during non peak hours, I used self checkout and had zero contact with anyone.
My friends that stop by are working cowboys so they have jobs with little person to person contact. I think you can visit with your friends and family if they are taking precautions. My friends that work in positions with heavy person on person contact stay away.

I don’t have to be careful about it, if I walk into a restaurant and see or smell dirty wait staff, it is my dime, I can take my biz elsewhere.
It is not difficult to determine if one is clean or not.
Last time I went to Bojangles, the drive thru lady got me with her extra long pointed fingernails.
(Khloé Kardashian style)
If I smell something funky - I don’t stick around. But then I’m considered weird because I look at restaurant inspection scores posted on walls as well as elevator certificates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15