Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might I please recommend potatoes to your lists of goods ( @Cody 22 and everyone). They are cheap, filling, provide sustenance, delicious, comforting, and last a while. I’ve been on the Covid diet for a few weeks now trying to get my groove, and potatoes (and tortillas as you all mentioned) are where it’s at, moo. I use the tortillas in infinite ways (hopefully not as toilet paper as one poster mentioned haha).

Seriously, I highly recommend potatoes because you can do sooo much with them...potato soup, baked potatoes, scalloped potatoes, mashed potatoes, hash browns, burritos, stew, chips, casseroles...

ETA: Omg how could I forget tater tots...Maybe I can make those! Happy dance

Breakfast sausage is also inexpensive and you can do a lot with that too. I’m doing browned ground sausage with sausage and cheese right now (froze a big bag of grated cheese and treating it like gold...very carefully only using a little cheese, normally I’d douse the whole thing in it. Out of (gluten free) tortillas already though so no more breakfast burritos booooooo.....would kill for some of @Tbone144 ‘s homemade salsa right now.
Agree with potatoes. Also five pound bags of Jasmine rice.

Major coronavirus updates so far today:
- Italy: 2,313 new cases, 196 new deaths
- Iran: 958 new cases, 63 new deaths
- Spain: 527 new cases, 18 new deaths
- France: 497 new cases, 15 new deaths
- Germany: 343 new cases, 1 new death
Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

Anyone believe these stats out of Iran? They were in pace for a while with Italy and now lagging and their medical care is supposed to far below Italy's.

Yeah I’m “off carbs” half the time in my life from one day to the next.

Not this time.

—-

My chest hurts and I’m paranoid.
I just cant function with so many carbs. My family cant tell the difference with the fried radishes or cauliflower rice. For me, staying under 30 carbs a day is the best way to go... Yes, I am a health freak.

Coronavirus: UK spread in maps and charts

Almost 27,476 people in the UK have been tested for the virus so far, with 460 found to be positive for the respiratory infection. Six people who tested positive have died.

These maps, charts and graphics that will help you understand the situation in the UK and how the authorities are dealing with it.

It is like just sitting and waiting for the sky to fall.

Exactly. Except, there's a group of people having a picnic, who believe the sky is just an illusion, placed there to spy on us, next to a small contingent with their arms in the air, confident they alone have the power to hold the sky in place, nearby a couple who are furiously digging an underground shelter, while a bunch of kids are frolicking in the sunshine. IMO

[/QUOTE]
There is something called “social responsibility” (and personal responsibility) that needs to be emphasized. It’s going to take a village, and as we’ve said before is going to take “Wuhan” for some people to wake up and smell the coffee, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]
im seriously thinking about when to go to our local community halls and ask them to closese the bridges on this “five-mile-island “. Boom.

I've just been informed my daughter is in ICU at UT southwestern in full DKA ( she's diabetic) so I have to go there she said there are people waiting to be tested in the LOBBY per the nurse she talked to in intake WTF! I'm suiting up and terrifies for her shes 5'11 and not much over 115 lbs!
Oh my! Hoping she is treated and recovers quickly.

Coronavirus live updates: WHO declares pandemic; US death toll rises to 31; 'it's going to get worse'

“The U.S. death toll climbed to 31 and the number of U.S. cases rolled past 1,000, federal health officials said. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert Redfield told a congressional committee the virus has spread to at least 38 states.

“Right now the epicenter – the new China – is Europe,” Redfield said. “And there’s a lot of people coming back and forth from Europe that are now starting to seed these communities.””

Coronavirus updates: Washington ban, Michigan emergency, Coachella

—-

Coronavirus, cruise ship: Some US ports may deny entry amid COVID-19

“At least 30 cruise ships at sea list port destinations in the USA this week, according to a USA TODAY satellite tracking analysis of 380 of the world’s largest cruise ships. Data from real-time vessel monitoring systems was merged with passenger and crew capacities to produce the snapshot.

That means upward of 100,000 people – 70% of them passengers – could look to come ashore at a range of U.S. ports, based on the average capacity of the ships from cruisemapper.com. Since this is prime Caribbean cruising season, more than a dozen of those 30 ships are bound for the Florida cities of Key West, Cape Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Next up: the Alaskan season, due to start in early April, with stops in Seattle and Juneau.”

[...]

“As the coronavirus raced across the nation in the past two weeks, at least 104 of the 360 ships tracked by USA TODAY stopped at U.S. ports. Those ships in total can carry up to 280,000 passengers and 113,000 crew.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member