Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg,
I've just been informed my daughter is in ICU at UT southwestern in full DKA ( she's diabetic) so I have to go there she said there are people waiting to be tested in the LOBBY per the nurse she talked to in intake WTF! I'm suiting up and terrifies for her shes 5'11 and not much over 115 lbs!
Omg be safe and best wishes.

So 20% that would need hospitalization would be somewhere around 15 to 30 million.

And at 1% mortality rate - a minimum of 700,000 deaths.

Someone double check my math!!

Because those numbers would just be for the US, and based on the lower end of 70 million, and a mortality rate of 1%.

So based on the information provided so far - 700,000 deaths is a
best case scenario???

Absolutely the worst “flu” I’ve ever seen.....

Those are the numbers I came up with.

Realize that it also means 3,000,000 people would be sick enough to need ICU care on ventilators.

We have at best 96,000 ICU beds in the US. And not all of those can be used for COVID-19. We still have major trauma, heart attacks, transplants, pulmonary emboli, major lifesaving surgical procedures all needing ICU beds.

AND, we only have about 20,000 ventilators available at this time that aren't already in use !!!!

Something's gotta give... and it will be the lives of our sickest people.

So yeah. It's not hard to get to 700,000 deaths when you look at how prepared we are for this.

CHINA GOT IT RIGHT!

“The CDPHE says it now “has reason to suspect we are seeing limited community spread in Colorado” and that the governor’s office will be holding a news conference to provide more details at 5 p.m.

The CDPHE said other cases include:
-A man in his 70s in Eagle County whose exposure is under investigation
-A woman in her 50s in Gunnison County whose exposure is under investigation
-A man in his 50s who is in Pitkin County but is an Australian resident who was visiting Aspen
-A woman in her 20s who is in Pitkin County but is an Australian resident who was visiting Aspen
-A woman in her 70s who is in Jefferson County and was exposed during travel
-A man in his 70s in Jefferson County who was exposed during travel
-A woman in her 50s in Gunnison County whose exposure is under investigation
-A man in his 40s in Denver who was exposed during travel
-A woman in her 80s in Arapahoe County whose exposure is under investigation
-A woman in her 60s in who is in Pitkin County but is an Australian resident who was visiting Aspen

Jefferson County Public Health says the two people, a man and a woman in their 70s, had been aboard a cruise while traveling internationally. They are currently isolated at home.”

Coronavirus in Colorado: COVID-19 cases, locations and live updates across the state
Why in the ** would anyone travel?

I've just been informed my daughter is in ICU at UT southwestern in full DKA ( she's diabetic) so I have to go there she said there are people waiting to be tested in the LOBBY per the nurse she talked to in intake WTF! I'm suiting up and terrifies for her shes 5'11 and not much over 115 lbs!

oh no...wishing you and your family the best. :(

Google recommends employees work from home to slow spread of coronavirus

—-

10 new coronavirus cases confirmed in Colorado bring first sign of “limited community spread”
Coronavirus in Colorado: 10 new cases bring state's total to 27

Denver airport employee tests positive for coronavirus

“The employee is symptomatic and isolated from others, Denver city officials said in a news release. They did not identify where in the airport the person worked. No other employees are in isolation or quarantine, said Tammy Vigil, a city spokeswoman.”

Oh no! Prayers going up!!

I'm sorry. Hoping for the best for your daughter, and you.

Those are the numbers I came up with.

Realize that it also means 3,000,000 people would be sick enough to need ICU care on ventilators.

We have at best 96,000 ICU beds in the US. And not all of those can be used for COVID-19. We still have major trauma, heart attacks, transplants, pulmonary emboli, major lifesaving surgical procedures all needing ICU beds.

AND, we only have about 20,000 ventilators available at this time that aren't already in use !!!!

Something's gotta give... and it will be the lives of our sickest people.

So yeah. It's not hard to get to 700,000 deaths when you look at how prepared we are for this.

CHINA GOT IT RIGHT!

I also ran the numbers for worst case - but couldn’t bring myself to post them....

Ugh....

We will be praying for your daughter. I really hope she will be ok.

"A New Jersey physician assistant who was the state's first COVID-19 patient is speaking out from his hospital bed, calling his illness "severe" and raising concerns about his treatment.

James Cai, a 32-year-old non-smoker with no other health conditions, has been at Hackensack University Medical Center..."
"Cai didn't respond to MedPage Today's request for an interview, but he told CBS New York that his illness progressed rapidly. He's now having trouble breathing and will likely need to be placed on a ventilator soon."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/85338

I’ve convinced my little mother not to return to class right now. She’s going to contact the dean of students and explain she’s high risk.

There is an online petition with 7000 signatures to go online. The CSU system as a whole has stated the campuses need to close for 2-4 days while they figure out what to do but her darn President of her particular CSU commuter school is saying the school will still stay open.

Twitter is blowing up with students super angry and talking about how they’re sick but have to show up due to not being able to make up mid-terms.

Last edited:
“The case, the fifth in Harris County outside the city of Houston, involves a woman in her 20s who had been living in Italy. She contacted her healthcare provider after exhibiting mild flu-like symptoms upon returning to her home in the southwest quadrant of the county.

Fourteen people in the Houston region have now been diagnosed with COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.”

[...]

“There are now 17 confirmed cases in Texas. Collin County health officials in north Texas this week confirmed three cases of the virus there — a man, his wife and their 3-year-old child. The man traveled to California for a business trip in late February, officials said.”

Coronavirus total for Houston area reaches 14; flyers warned after woman returns from Italy

OH NO!
My gosh we will all be praying for you and she and sending you good vibes and energy.

Poor baby. Please tell her she’s got an online community in her corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234